Hello Hunters!

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
Last weekend, 1/4 mile from my northern MI. Cabin. Got the venison in the freezer, and the head at the taxidermist. Oneida osprey bow. :cool:

zvpewwg.jpg
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• HowAmIHowAmI Registered Users 37 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Last weekend, 1/4 mile from my northern MI. Cabin. Got the venison in the freezer, and the head at the taxidermist. Oneida osprey bow. :cool:

zvpewwg.jpg

Ive always wanted an onieda and a hoyt for target ever since i saw it
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Congratulations, TodFoxx. Well done!!!
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Can you send a few kilo of venison sausage my way? :) Customs would have a hay day with that.

Nice looking animal. Congrats.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    Nice. I was in Vermont this past weekend for the start of rifle..no such luck.
  • PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    Great job Tod!!!
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Thanks everyone, my friend that took the picture sent it to me today. Driving back up Friday to pick up the trophy from the taxidermist, and more hunting. But small game, my freezer is full and my wife doesn't like venison.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Do you call that a four point buck in Michigan, or an eight point? Where I grew up in Utah, we only counted one side. Just curious.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
    8 pointer here in Michigan.
    That would be 8 pointer in Maine as well.

Tanner, what do you do if the rack is not symmetrical? For instance, if there are 4 points on one side and 5 on the other. Also just curious.
    Do you miss Maine Roland? That state is beautiful!
    Maine is beautiful, but so is North Carolina. I have never lived anywhere outside of New Hampshire and Maine.

I just moved here, so I'm not sure how I'll take the hot summers.

I have visited many places in the US due to my work (as have you, I can guess). I have never been to Michigan, but that must be beautiful also.
    It is, especially the upper peninsula. When I retire my goal is to be settled in Montana. I've been doing a ton of research and visits there. We're just looking for that "special" piece of land to call home.
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    That would be 8 pointer in Maine as well.

Tanner, what do you do if the rack is not symmetrical? For instance, if there are 4 points on one side and 5 on the other. Also just curious.

Good point. I don't recall what happened in that case. I left Utah in 1967, and never returned except to visit family. I also haven't hunted real deer since then. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you get your deer.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • 2fargone2care2fargone2care Registered Users 185 Posts
    Thanks everyone, my friend that took the picture sent it to me today. Driving back up Friday to pick up the trophy from the taxidermist, and more hunting. But small game, my freezer is full and my wife doesn't like venison.

Say what????Congrats - we would be in trouble if our family didn't all love venison!
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    Well done. That's a great trophy.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts

zvpewwg.jpg

Congrats, TF!

Did you do it with the Grantham Spitfire or the Plissking Serpent? :-))))

No, seriously. That's a real trophy.