[UPDATED 11/25] Facebook users who lost game progress [PLEASE READ]

Fellow Deer Hunters on Facebook,

There was a temporary outage in the backend drive where players’ progress
was stored. This outage caused some Facebook players to lose their game progress.
We are very sorry for this and have put measures in place to prevent it
from happening in future.

The team has been able to update the game file but it will have players at level 35 with gold and cash to keep playing. If you were at a higher level, or have a history of purchases, please contact Customer Care directly and they will help you with your account.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have additional specific issues you'd like to address regarding your account, please follow up with Customer Care using the instructions here:
http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97903-UPDATED-11-20-Facebook-not-saving-progress

Thank you for gaming with us.
---

This thread will remain open for discussion, but all other threads on this topic will be closed.
Prev1345678

Comments

• Timmy2Timmy2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Registered just to voice my disappointment in this entire debacle. I suspect you wont post this but at least [I hope] you will read it before you delete it.
    Like many others who lost everything, this is not acceptable for me. I will not start over even with the 1000 free gold. You cannot replace my time spent and effort and i wont go through it again because quite frankly, I dont have any faith in your game or your competence to insure it wont happen again. This is exactly why i play the game for several months at least before even considering paying for anything. Luckily i didnt invest in your inept and extremely unprofessional lack of having precautionary measures in place to avoid such an incident, which any gaming company would know the importance of backing players status. You know what I'm talking about and am sure have already discovered the immediate departure of players affected, and deservedly so.
    If you listen carefully, you can hear the clicking of many dissatisfied customers deleting your game.....our/my time is more valuable than your weak compensation and mishandling of gamings golden rule of saving gamers profiles as a priority and having systematic back up plans.
    I will remember your name and be sure to avoid your games in the future. When your a professional and serious gaming company, maybe you will gain some fans back. For me its over though. Good luck
  • dogmarshdogmarsh Registered Users 4 Posts
    what code ?????????
  • cuzzinatorcuzzinator Registered Users 17 Posts
    And if you bought more than that over the course of the game, are you saying those people are out of luck?
  • slayernwmslayernwm Registered Users 7 Posts
    Dogmarsh : The code is SORRY , SORRY it's the code
  • IlDimi7IlDimi7 Registered Users 6 Posts
    I've been playing for 3 months, I have used at least 10,000 paying gold. What do I do with 1000 gold? And the bounty? My power weapons? But please ... You are a disappointment! I'm really sorry.
  • chmuzammilchmuzammil Registered Users 6 Posts
    Completely agreed with Timmy2. This is happening with me second time
  • bigjamrobbigjamrob Registered Users 1 Posts
    Timmy2 wrote: »
    Registered just to voice my disappointment in this entire debacle. I suspect you wont post this but at least [I hope] you will read it before you delete it.
    Like many others who lost everything, this is not acceptable for me. I will not start over even with the 1000 free gold. You cannot replace my time spent and effort and i wont go through it again because quite frankly, I dont have any faith in your game or your competence to insure it wont happen again. This is exactly why i play the game for several months at least before even considering paying for anything. Luckily i didnt invest in your inept and extremely unprofessional lack of having precautionary measures in place to avoid such an incident, which any gaming company would know the importance of backing players status. You know what I'm talking about and am sure have already discovered the immediate departure of players affected, and deservedly so.
    If you listen carefully, you can hear the clicking of many dissatisfied customers deleting your game.....our/my time is more valuable than your weak compensation and mishandling of gamings golden rule of saving gamers profiles as a priority and having systematic back up plans.
    I will remember your name and be sure to avoid your games in the future. When your a professional and serious gaming company, maybe you will gain some fans back. For me its over though. Good luck

^This. . I've not spent much money on this game but 1000 gold for all the hours I've spend playing it is a disgrace. I wont be letting this lie, expect a detailed complaint soon.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Hi All,

We completely understand your frustration. We forum admins have no visibility into your accounts though so there isn't anything we can do to further assist you beyond providing this code at this time. Please follow up individually with customer care following the instructions in the first post here:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97903-UPDATED-11-20-Facebook-not-saving-progress

They will be able to assist you further.
  • Debi HDebi H Registered Users 1 Posts
    You have seriously got to be kidding me. I'm too old to start over. I had over 33m cash, was on the last level available......and this? What a waste and what mismanagement.

Sorry guys......I'm deleting.
  • porter752porter752 Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm deleting/uninstalling and writing a bad review about this game because of the mismanagement of this issue!
    So, you're telling us that , other than the game data, you have no Idea who paid you and how much gold individual accounts were given in return for that payment? Really? I'm supposed to believe that? What kind of a business model do you have, where you 1) Do not keep track of incoming monies: 2) Do not keep track of what was given in exchange for those monies:, and 3) You keep no backups for your servers for peoples game data?

And also, the customer care e-mail is useless. I responded, and have not even received an automated response telling me it was received by you.
    cuzzinator wrote: »
    So, you're telling us that , other than the game data, you have no Idea who paid you and how much gold individual accounts were given in return for that payment? Really? I'm supposed to believe that? What kind of a business model do you have, where you 1) Do not keep track of incoming monies: 2) Do not keep track of what was given in exchange for those monies:, and 3) You keep no backups for your servers for peoples game data?

And also, the customer care e-mail is useless. I responded, and have not even received an automated response telling me it was received by you.

Hi there- I am saying that we forum administrators have no visibility into your account. Only Customer Care has that visibility and that's the only way to proceed for any additional help on this matter. They have received thousands of tickets on this issue, so there is a bit of a queue.
  • NetflexxNetflexx Registered Users 6 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Hi there- I am saying that we forum administrators have no visibility into your account. Only Customer Care has that visibility and that's the only way to proceed for any additional help on this matter. They have received thousands of tickets on this issue, so there is a bit of a queue.

Also just registered to voice my opinion - spent almost no cash, but willingly went thru most options to get free gold, accepting spam mails and what not. Was on level 72 or 73 in region 14 and close to 20 mil cash, 200 gold and some platin, with a lot of maxxed and nearly maxxed weapons incl. the special ones earned in the hidden regions. I kept quiet because I fully understand that things may go down the drain sometimes, but 1000 gold ? Thank you, but seriously ? Even if having thousands of complaints, they should ask themselves why in the first place ? Why no backups of player profiles etc ?
    If I would offer something similar to one of my customers as compensation for my obvious own errors they would close the door behind them quicker than you would be able to raise an eyebrow.
    The least I would have expected was to restore level 14/hidden region weapons, fully maxxed, and also some compensation in hunting bucks - then I could have lived with your mistakes to go thru all this again and say to others "see ? they do care". But like this ? Nah... That's not how you treat customers, neither the ones paying hard cash nor the ones going thru the sweepstakes.
    Think about this - happy customers are hard to get first place, one mistake and poor customer service and you loose them quicker than you might imagine.
    Not so happy greetings from Germany
    Netflexx

But you obviously have access to info that we do not, or you'd have no idea what happened either. So why don't you use that access to try and give us a clearer answer? See if you can find out what they figure on doing, rather than just leave us all hanging.
    But you obviously have access to info that we do not, or you'd have no idea what happened either. So why don't you use that access to try and give us a clearer answer? See if you can find out what they figure on doing, rather than just leave us all hanging.

I have provided all of the information I am able to at this time. I am sorry there isn't more I can do or advise. Please do continue to follow up with Customer Care.
    I have provided all of the information I am able to at this time. I am sorry there isn't more I can do or advise. Please do continue to follow up with Customer Care.

I appreciate your efforts. It is unfortunate that , as their point person, they've left you to swing in the breeze and take the heat without giving you adequate info. And that is what is setting off my alarm bells. After all, how difficult would it be for them to let you know that they have X number of tickets, and that they are attempting to do such and such with each account on an account by account basis? That's why my alarm bells are ringing (and yours should be too). The lack of actual info is disturbing to say the least, and makes it look like they are doing nothing to rectify the individual accounts. This is starting to look like Mobsters 2 all over again.
    Restart all with a backup from 19/11/2014, again if there is a backup ...
    I appreciate your efforts. It is unfortunate that , as their point person, they've left you to swing in the breeze and take the heat without giving you adequate info. And that is what is setting off my alarm bells. After all, how difficult would it be for them to let you know that they have X number of tickets, and that they are attempting to do such and such with each account on an account by account basis? That's why my alarm bells are ringing (and yours should be too). The lack of actual info is disturbing to say the least, and makes it look like they are doing nothing to rectify the individual accounts. This is starting to look like Mobsters 2 all over again.

The team is dealing with thousands of tickets, so there is a long queue at this point. But, please do let them know your specific situation and they will help to address it more directly than this promo code. Please see this promo code as a "first step."
    IlDimi7 wrote: »
    Restart all with a backup from 19/11/2014, again if there is a backup ...

I'm sure there isn't one, that would have been the first thing anyone in their shoes would have done...
    The team is dealing with thousands of tickets, so there is a long queue at this point. But, please do let them know your specific situation and they will help to address it more directly than this promo code. Please see this promo code as a "first step."

I did. Gave them all the info, including that Facebook ID number. and that is part of the frustration.... not even an automated reply. That's why info from you guys is so important. I do see it as a start, but the lack of response/info makes it look like that's all they are going to do.
    Netflexx wrote: »
    I'm sure there isn't one, that would have been the first thing anyone in their shoes would have done...

I hope so ... otherwise it will be a terrible disappointment, I tried to restart the game from the start, but there's nothing to do. Nothing can repay months of play lost.
    I did. Gave them all the info, including that Facebook ID number. and that is part of the frustration.... not even an automated reply. That's why info from you guys is so important. I do see it as a start, but the lack of response/info makes it look like that's all they are going to do.

Well, I'm not giving up believing in the good side of people:
    ###PLEASE REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE###

Glu Mobile Inc. Support | November 21, 2014 | 21:19 +0100

Greetings from Glu Mobile Customer Care!

Thank you for writing to us. We want to assure you that your message has been received. Our volume is quite high recently and depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of our Support Team will contact you within 5 business days.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

xxx | November 21, 2014 | 21:19 +0100

DEER HUNTER FACEBOOK NOT SAVING
    Facebook ID: xxx
    Facebook name: xxx

Quote from the forums:
    ---
    Also just registered to voice my opinion -
    Ah well... :(
    Quicker than 5 business days anyway...
    Great example of customer care. Using filters and automatic replies is not exactly my understanding of "working on thousands of tickets producing a bit of a queue"...

###PLEASE REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE###

Adam | November 21, 2014 | 21:42 +0100

Hello, and thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care

We sincerely apologize for the issue you've experienced. There was a temporary outage in the backend drive where players’ progress was stored. This outage caused some players to lose their game progress. We are very sorry for this and have put measures in place to prevent it from happening in future. While we cannot recover all of the progress for these players, we would like to offer free GOLD to help you get back in the game.

On game launch with Facebook, you will see a gold box in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on that box and you will see a place to input this code:

SORRY

The code expires 11/23 11:59PM.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Glu Mobile Inc. Support | November 21, 2014 | 21:19 +0100

Greetings from Glu Mobile Customer Care!

Thank you for writing to us. We want to assure you that your message has been received. Our volume is quite high recently and depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of our Support Team will contact you within 5 business days.

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care
  • SylviapSylviap Registered Users 3 Posts
    Code doesn't work. R U kidding. Only 1000. I was at level 54!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sylviap wrote: »
    Code doesn't work. R U kidding. Only 1000. I was at level 54!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean the code doesn't work? You're on Facebook?
    it worked for me, but only after several tries. And yes, 1000 gold is all you get regardless of what your level was before. A shame.

@glueadmin
    any hints how to avoid automatic filtering and really getting thru to some person called Adam ?
  • Grizzly GlenGrizzly Glen Registered Users 2 Posts
    Sorry, but the restitution of 1000 Gold is inadequate, to say it kindly. I didn't get to Level 60 and beat all levels because of my charm and wit. Very disappointed at this time. I do hope you can restore everything to it's previous state. If that's not possible, 1000 Gold per level lost would help pay for all the advanced weaponry that we have all lost and paid real money for. It isn't like we are taking the Gold to another game and spending it. Every bit of it stays in house. Most important, your loyal players, both old and new are satisfied and be more willing to part with their hard earned money and make purchases in the future. It's a lousy situation, but you can make it right.
  • KirilKiril Registered Users 4 Posts
    Well said. 1000 gold isn't even close to compensating for the purchase of shotguns/assault/rifles let alone the upgrades and time spent achieving higher levels. Interestingly enough, there was never enough problems with in game purchases. Allowing a player's status to be deleted is unforgivable. Good luck in the future...if you have one that is.
    Kiril wrote: »
    Interestingly enough, there was never enough problems with in game purchases.
    True, tried 2x to actually buy some gold but had facebook to reclaim it because customer support did not answer. Well done.
    Sorry, but the restitution of 1000 Gold is inadequate, to say it kindly. I didn't get to Level 60 and beat all levels because of my charm and wit. Very disappointed at this time. I do hope you can restore everything to it's previous state. If that's not possible, 1000 Gold per level lost would help pay for all the advanced weaponry that we have all lost and paid real money for. It isn't like we are taking the Gold to another game and spending it. Every bit of it stays in house. Most important, your loyal players, both old and new are satisfied and be more willing to part with their hard earned money and make purchases in the future. It's a lousy situation, but you can make it right.

I agree with you. Here is their email response to me....

"
    Kathleen | November 21, 2014 | 09:08 -0800

Hello, and thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care

We sincerely apologize for the issue you've experienced. There was a temporary outage in the backend drive where players’ progress was stored. This outage caused some players to lose their game progress. We are very sorry for this and have put measures in place to prevent it from happening in future. While we cannot recover all of the progress for these players, we would like to offer free GOLD to help you get back in the game.

On game launch with Facebook, you will see a gold box in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on that box and you will see a place to input this code:

SORRY

The code expires 11/23 11:59PM.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

Nothing more. I sent a reply telling them the least they could do was credit us back with the gold we bought, plus this 1000 for the aggravation. I'll wait to see if they respond.