[UPDATED 11/25] Facebook users who lost game progress [PLEASE READ]

Comments

• hzrdboyz79hzrdboyz79 Registered Users 13 Posts
    my infarred will not work cant use rifles
  • dave53579dave53579 Banned Users 73 Posts
    no use *****ing, glu doesnt work on weekends like us hard blue collar workers...they just take our money and dont care...look at what the vp just did...sold off a cart load of stocks..must of needed a new bmw LOL http://tickerreport.com/banking-finance/354261/glu-mobile-vp-unloads-38554-in-stock-gluu/
  • porter752porter752 Registered Users 9 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Fellow Deer Hunters on Facebook,

There was a temporary outage in the backend drive where players’ progress
    was stored. This outage caused some Facebook players to lose their game progress.
    We are very sorry for this and have put measures in place to prevent it
    from happening in future. While we cannot recover all of the progress for
    the effected Facebook players, we would like to offer free GOLD to help you get
    back in the game.

On game launch within Facebook, you will see a gold box in the upper left
    corner of the screen. Click on that box and you will see a place to input
    this code for 1000 gold bars:
    SORRY

If you use the code SUPERSORRY you'll get an additional 1500.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have specific issues you'd like to address regarding your account, please follow up with Customer Care using the instructions here:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?97903-UPDATED-11-20-Facebook-not-saving-progress

Thank you for gaming with us.
    ---

This thread will remain open for discussion, but all other threads on this topic will be closed.

15659627839_3f3b81fff8_b.jpg

I appreciate you all giving a lot of money and gold bars but what about my platinum eagles and bows? I have to earn all of my bounties again and hidden regions plus consumables. My main issue is the fact that when I zoom in it tells me to press x to xray then it freezes up on me. So I ask what good is all that I do have when I can't play the game anyway?
  • Big_ShotBig_Shot Registered Users 11 Posts
    EVERYONE USE THESE CODES NOW IS THE LAST DAY; SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THEIR FIRENDS KEEP IT GOING, HURRY....
    On game launch within Facebook, you will see a gold box in the upper left
    corner of the screen. Click on that box and you will see a place to input
    this code for 1000 gold bars:
    SORRY

If you use the code SUPERSORRY you'll get an additional 1500.
  • cheifgoldeagle43cheifgoldeagle43 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I to am thinking about deleting the game i had 27+ million and was on level 100 had 689 double eagles now it's all gone and they put me back to level 35 gave me 1,729,951 in cash which is 25+ million less then what I had and they remove all the weapons I bought and paid for while playing this game oh I only had 6-8 pice of gold and the in turned gave me 3,917 pieces of gold but I still want all the cash I had and the levels and all my weapons retuned
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I was on level 101, and had over $200 million in hunter bucks, and 1,000+ platinum coins and fully upgraded bows. I'm not that upset about game progress, I'd rather play something besides contract hunts anyway. And I appreciate the gold, but my hunter buck and platinum stash are gone. As long as those special events where I can earn them are back, I'm not too upset.
    Facebook player
  • NevilleNeville Registered Users 2 Posts
    Yes I have the same problem. Options do not work and game is unplayable.
  • rahulpwrahulpw Registered Users 3 Posts
    Was at lvl 62 with all weapons open and all levels done even the hidden ones almost finished and now you have put me at lvl 35 with almost no progress in all the upper lvls.. Have your gold and wear it too... I am not playing your game anymore.
  • bulwinkle1964bulwinkle1964 Registered Users 1 Posts
    i lovethis gameand its very disappointing to lose what i had but the game is fun and ill accept the gold and start again thank you for your time ill be playin again
  • snamredniksnamrednik Registered Users 4 Posts
    I didn't have that much levels yet, but it was anoying enough that I had to start all over again.

The day before yesterday I was at level 9 and yesterday all of a sudden at level 35 with over 1.2 mil cash.

Only my infrared doesn't work and freezes up the game. Very anoying!!

Get this fixed quickly or I will delete the game!!
  • 2fargone2care2fargone2care Registered Users 185 Posts
    I guess I could accept one major failure for Facebook accounts - but not the second one - Glu Admin I hope you are working on this and how will you fix this one? It's a real mess - very frustrating for those of us who did accept the 1000 gold and start over only to have the game crash again
  • andycomenandycomen Registered Users 35 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Hi All,
    We completely understand your frustration.
    They will be able to assist you further.

Dear gluadmin,

I would like to thank your customer service agent Kathleen for her fine response and action to my predicament. I would like you to give her a raise in consideration of her understanding of my predicament as I've been playing DH2014 for quite a looooooong while now.

I hope you guys never have this problem ever again because this is one of the best games on Facebook ever with the excellent scenery, weapons and gameplay physics.

Godspeed and best of luck in the future of DH !!!

sincerely

andre de lisboa
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    I guess I could accept one major failure for Facebook accounts - but not the second one - Glu Admin I hope you are working on this and how will you fix this one? It's a real mess - very frustrating for those of us who did accept the 1000 gold and start over only to have the game crash again

Okay, team is looking into it.
  • newdiannenewdianne Registered Users 16 Posts
    I received the 1000 gold but when I entered supersorry for additional 1500, I got an error message as unsupported code. Please help me with this. I appreciate the diligence in getting this problem solved but I put a lot of time into this game.
    newdianne wrote: »
    I received the 1000 gold but when I entered supersorry for additional 1500, I got an error message as unsupported code. Please help me with this. I appreciate the diligence in getting this problem solved but I put a lot of time into this game.

The codes expired yesterday (they were live for three days).
  • pedrompsaraiva@gmail.compedrompsaraiva@gmail.com Registered Users 1 Posts
    hi all

I play on facebook and already had more than 17 million in cash and lost everything was on level 83 lost everything now want to play and the game controls work not help me?
  • FlemmingFlemming Registered Users 1 Posts
    DEER HUNTER FACEBOOK NOT SAVING Hello I want to hear how my game has become of that once you have opdatnig it and all the things I buy. There are Deer Hunter 2014

Sincerely
    Flemming Falck
  • ChaneSmokerChaneSmoker Registered Users 2 Posts
    I have close to 2,500,000.00 in cash and over 1,000 gold bars. But NOW every time I go to use infrared it freezes up and forces me to quit the mission. When are the "bugs" gonna be fixed because this is ridiculous. No way I'm gonna start over. Too many hours playing this game. If I have to I'll just remove it.
  • AR-14AR-14 Registered Users 35 Posts
    Ok can someone please help me. I want to file a ticket but I'm not sure how to do it. Also my kill count on the leader boards isn't going up but the guys kill count behind me and ahead of me are. can sometimesne point me in the right place to resolve this
  • AlexaAlexanderAlexaAlexander Registered Users 6 Posts
    your free gold doesn't cut it and I'm done with this stupid game... I log on and see I'm a lvl 35, no Eagles left at all. The last hunting game that you had on Facebook just up and vanished and the people that spent money on that game got ripped off JUST like we are getting RIPPED OFF AGAIN.................
    just checked the POS game and see all the weapons I had that were FULLY upgraded are gone... entered the code and it said it has already been used even tho I have NOT done anything until tonight.. I will file a complaint with the BBB and with Paypal over this blatant rip-off of people that play this game.. More could have been done to replace what was lost but YOU chose to just "bend people over" and say "sorry about your luck".......................
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Can't get the game to load now.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • brhode2brhode2 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Every time I try to play it freezes up It keeps trying to send me threw the tutorial
    just checked the POS game and see all the weapons I had that were FULLY upgraded are gone... entered the code and it said it has already been used even tho I have NOT done anything until tonight.. I will file a complaint with the BBB and with Paypal over this blatant rip-off of people that play this game.. More could have been done to replace what was lost but YOU chose to just "bend people over" and say "sorry about your luck".......................

thought I would try again because I do like the game and now see "CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, PROGRESS CANNOT BE SAVED"..... W.T.F is the matter with you FOOOOOKIN people...
  • wilbettwilbett Registered Users 1 Posts
    lost game had to start all over . Was at lvl 55 now gone. Now got another lvl 35. No idea where that come from. But when i play with the rifle and hit x keeps telling me to click on x. The shotgun version plays fine. Just would like to have my lvl 55 back
  • 2fargone2care2fargone2care Registered Users 185 Posts
    wilbett wrote: »
    lost game had to start all over . Was at lvl 55 now gone. Now got another lvl 35. No idea where that come from. But when i play with the rifle and hit x keeps telling me to click on x. The shotgun version plays fine. Just would like to have my lvl 55 back

Glu Admin says they are working on it. Any update Glu?
    Okay, so the infrared "x" issue is addressed here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?120119-Facebook-users-having-issues-with-INFRARED

The level 35 issue is now addressed at the beginning of this thread. In order to address the game progress being lost, the team created a new game file that put all players who lost progress at level 35 with cash and gold. This was the best the team could do to rectify the complete loss of progress. If you have additional issues, feel free to contact Customer Care following instructions in the first post.
  • user_175user_175 Registered Users 20 Posts
    gluadmin, the following points are still wide open:

i still think ppl deserve(!) DETAILS on how fb has "outages" which result in complete loss of paying customer data (never heard of such before, please quote/link the offical(!) fb statement?) AND why there are no other backups on glus own servers since you are the ones cashing in the -real- gamer money. how comes a company "outsources" all kind of progress saving to 100% in a game based on grinding and ingame currency? what about the danger of hacking etc.? do you ever verify gamers saves?? did you honestly think the scenario of a paying or even just adwatching gamer asking for progress restoration directly from you as the game company could never occur (on mobile plattforms!)???

>>> what kind of service level is glus goal?

im also still waiting for a logical explanation for why my g+ save was reverted to one several weeks older when there already have been newer(!) ones in the cloud. i said before that the 500 gold compensation and the honest statement that you are completly unable to restore ANYTHING healed the situation for me to a certain degree... but your handling of the fb "outage" disqualified glu again in a heartbeat. the game itself is well polished but this framework should hinder all players to invest real money for life. highly unprofessional.

why werent these problems patched/adressed ASAP when similar cases (problem with outsourced savings) occured first (g+, likely following fb problems) AND as i heard in other glu games as well?

setting ppl to lvl 35 comes across as a pityful attemt leading to very very uneven compensation depending on how far they actually have come and of course is ultimate proof that glu has absolutly no data of ppl saving their progress on g+ or fb.
    the 1k ingame gold compensation is a way more acceptable approach and doesnt quiet has the "silence 'em so that they can no longer complain about losing 'all' their levels" vibe. anyway if thats the BEST your team can come up with the responsible persons need to go.

what exactly will be the consequences you draw from this affair?

when will the save concept be reworked?

you didnt even answer my question before shutting down my thread, but for now ill report:
    saving "local" (?) data (no fb or g+) currently works ok for me.
  • chorichori Registered Users 6 Posts
    debi h wrote: »
    you have seriously got to be kidding me. I'm too old to start over. I had over 33m cash, was on the last level available......and this? What a waste and what mismanagement.

Sorry guys......i'm deleting.

es una vergÜenza
  • chorichori Registered Users 6 Posts
    También acaba de registrar a expresar mi opinión - pasado casi sin dinero en efectivo, sino voluntariamente fue a través de la mayoría de las opciones para conseguir el oro libre, aceptando mensajes de spam y qué no. Estaba en el nivel 72 o 73 en la región 14 y cerca de 20 mil en efectivo, 200 de oro y algo de platino, con un montón de Maxxed y casi Maxxed armas incl. las especiales ganaron en las regiones ocultas. Me mantuve en silencio porque entiendo perfectamente que las cosas pueden ir por el desagüe a veces, pero 1.000 de oro? Gracias, pero en serio? Incluso si tiene miles de quejas, deberían pregunt**** por qué en el primer lugar? ¿Por qué no hay copias de seguridad de perfiles de los jugadores, etc?
    Si me ofrecen algo similar a uno de mis clientes como compensación por mis propios errores obvios que cerrarían la puerta detrás de ellos más rápido de lo que sería capaz de levantar una ceja.
    Lo menos que yo habría esperado fue restaurar el nivel 14 / armas región ocultos, completamente Maxxed, y también algún tipo de compensación en dólares de caza - entonces yo podría haber vivido con sus errores que pasar por todo esto otra vez y decir a los demás "ver lo que hacen? cuidar ". Pero como esto? No ... Eso no es forma de tratar a los clientes, ni los que pagan dinero en efectivo ni los que entran a través de los sorteos.
    Piense en esto - los clientes satisfechos son difíciles de conseguir el primer lugar, un error y mal servicio al cliente y ellos pierden más rápido de lo que imaginas.
    Saludos No tan felices de Alemania
    Netflexx