The Himalayas are Here

2Next

Comments

• pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    PZO wrote: »
    My OTO was 439 Gold....very displeased with that I must say. VERY!!!!

Ditto. The Hauer Cog was the last gold rifle I was able to afford which makes this game pretty tedious. I still haven't finished region 14 yet, apart from the trophy hunts which only require one shot. I've lost all progress on my Android device since upgrading it to Lollipop and DH Reloaded doesn't work on Android 5, so no fast track is available. Haven't the heart to start again or go through region 15 on iOS with a bolt action rifle so it's goodbye Glu from me...
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Ditto. The Hauer Cog was the last gold rifle I was able to afford which makes this game pretty tedious. I still haven't finished region 14 yet, apart from the trophy hunts which only require one shot. I've lost all progress on my Android device since upgrading it to Lollipop and DH Reloaded doesn't work on Android 5, so no fast track is available. Haven't the heart to start again or go through region 15 on iOS with a bolt action rifle so it's goodbye Glu from me...

What android device do you use?
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • LudwigLudwig Registered Users 32 Posts

This game is too tedious to start over again. Actually, if you play one region, you've played them all. It's all the same, with slightly different animals. How many Wolves can you possibly shoot before getting bored? There's no strategy involved; it's just an aiming game. It would be great if Glu changed things up a little, added different animals.

Dino Hunter is the same, but in that game, the various species of dinosaurs still have that "wow" factor working for them. Aiming at a T-Rex is more fun than aiming at a Jackal.
    todfoxx wrote: »
    What android device do you use?

Nexus 7. I made a ***** up, erroneously thinking the SD memory would be safe when I upgraded to Lollipop, but it got wiped and that's where my backups were! I've already deleted all the Glu games off my Android phone, so I can't borrow any save files from there. The games are far too boring to start again for the fourth time...
  • MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    Nexus 7. I made a ***** up, erroneously thinking the SD memory would be safe when I upgraded to Lollipop, but it got wiped and that's where my backups were! I've already deleted all the Glu games off my Android phone, so I can't borrow any save files from there. The games are far too boring to start again for the fourth time...

I started DH 14 for the 4th time some weeks ago when I replaced my iPhone 5 with the 6. And I had a lot of fun (specially in the lower regions). I have completed now all regular and hidden regions with a very simple strategy: I only bought the bolt action rifle in each region (and a R3 shotgun to do the bird hunts of all regions -you can complete any bird hunt of any region with that R3 shotgun-). Before starting one region I kept failing the 5th trophy hunt of the previous one as many times as needed to get enough HB to buy and fully upgrade the bolt action rifle of the following regions. And so on. Before R15 was released I shot the R14 kitty a hundred times in the head to get enough HB to buy the R14 AR, R14 shotgun and R10 pistol (no upgrades) so I could complete all bounties.

I did not the same with Dino. I keep Dino in my IPad and play it from time to time because I have lost interest on it. I do not like the approach GLU has taken as regards exotics (prices are ridiculous) and the idea of making exotics necessary to get map pieces was disastrous. GLU has fixed that and now is making available for HB exotics that prize map pieces, but the entire philosophy of charging that much for the exotics does not convince me.
    I don't like the bolt action rifles...
  • dave53579dave53579 Banned Users 73 Posts
    I know right, toddfoxx? Bengal tigers, timber wolves, and muntjacs in the Himalayas? Come on now! Not complaining; I love R15 far more than R14.
    why not have a "find the Yeti in the himalayas too?? bonus bucks LOL just like finding bigfoot in the northwest. maybe Panda bears too..OH wait they are protected, but what the hey, Glu doesnt care about that..MAYBE they could do a scene in iraq or syria LOL
  • PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    Not fond of the bolt action rifles either
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I only used 2 bolt action rifles, regions 1 and 2. All the rest semi-auto!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • jj51gdiyjj51gdiy Registered Users 63 Posts
    My choice is always bolt action I guess cause i learned to hunt using .270 and 25.06. But I will admit I like a mini 14 for pigs (open sights ) my grandad was kinda old school and I guess he kind of rubbed off. But hey to each his or her own. My kid uses a .243 on a youth frame bolt action.
  • DeathShadow007DeathShadow007 Registered Users 593 Posts
    The only bolt-actions I have are R1, 2, 4, 5, 10, and 14. I saved HB in R6 to get the R10 rifle and the only reason I have the bolt-action for R14 is because there was no OTO for the gold one on my end.
    :cool: Blue iPhone 5c Verizon :cool: