Options

question about acquiring money

triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
I've been reading through threads and see how many people have 1,2,3 million in dollars and tons of gold. Are you all purchasing this money or just earning it playing the game? I can't understand how you can earn that much money just by playing the game. It would take me weeks upon weeks to earn that much money. What's the secret?

Comments

• Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    The game has been out for months and some have been playing it that long, hence the large amounts of money.
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    The secret is to play a lot. I play about 50 contract hunts a day on region 9. Which will earn you about 360,000. I also play every club hunt at least once. The region 8 and 9 club hunts reward is usually over 20,000. Right now I have 31 million.

And for the gold I just watch the videos which will get you about 12-15 gold per day. And i do some of the special offers to get gold.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    True, the more you play,the more money,it dose take time to built up the cash
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    As of right now with 2 games running (IPad and FB) I have $20,510,248 with 54 gold and gone thru 114 levels...I have spent $5 real dollars in the 6 weeks I have been playing.
    Say What??
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    6.6 mil, 260 gold, lv 60 - all free play, watching videos for gold. When I first started playing I didn't bother to save gold and used it for more energy to keep playing longer. Now that I'm up to the maximum region within a day of the new one coming out, I play less often....this seems to be the trend the diehard players end up doing whether the buy gold or not...there's not really any use to getting more than a few million bucks to purchase and upgrade the latest cash weapons. I tend to open the game to watch videos for gold more often than playing the game which only gets me more useless bucks....pretty boring. Still checking for region 10 just out of the old daily play habit.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I'm mostly only opening the game to check out the weapon store sales for any bargains, watch videos for gold bars and occasionally play the club hunts. I seem to be getting more gold since I deleted glu's truly awful Robo**** game. I've watched 350 ads in the last week!
  • Options
    GAMESLAYERGAMESLAYER Registered Users 92 Posts
    I don't see anything on Facebook for watching videos.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    GAMESLAYER wrote: »
    I don't see anything on Facebook for watching videos.

There isn't...not on mine anyway. Or Club Hunts.
    Say What??
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Contract Hunts, and lots of them.

I'm on Android, so do not have access to Club Hunts.

I am on Level 62 with about $7M in cash and 540 gold. As with others, I have never spent money on either cash or gold. I have never bothered doing much with gold, except where there was no choice. I passed on using gold for the Christmas hunts, but did use/waste gold on the Region 8 Assault rifle series (and regret the decision, since I am not enamored with the Pachyderm shotgun prize at all).

I only recently started to bother collecting much gold through watching videos/ads and downloading/starting/deleting apps and doing the surveys through Sponsorpay. I will never use my gold on gold-only weapons unless there is no choice (eg special events should I choose to participate). The basic cash weapons for each region are more than sufficient to complete each region.

I also do not waste money upgrading the weapons I buy for the special series. I have to own the gun to take part in the series, but I just use it as a secondary weapon and use my already upgraded gun(s) from higher regions to complete the series (saves a lot of money that way).

With about a month between new region releases, you end up with 28 or 29 days between completing the trophy hunts (completed on the day the region is released) and the next region release to rack up cash by grinding through the contract hunts. At a conservative $200,000 per day doing Region 9 contract hunts, that adds up to almost $6M over 29 days if played every day. At the $360,000 per day mentioned previously, that is over $10M over 29 days). That cash lets you buy and fully upgrade the weapons very quickly when a new region is released, and still have a ton of cash left for the next region.

I have noticed that I am leveling up around every $500,000 now. Anything over level 100 means a lot of hunting and a lot of well earned cash.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    I will never use my gold on gold-only weapons

What are you gonna use it for then?
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    What are you gonna use it for then?

Should have clarified... Won't use it when there is any cash alternative... Even then it is a tough decision.
    Until recently, I just never bothered chasing after it, because I never needed it.
    I suspect that there may be greater need down the road as more special events crop up. For now, though, saving it for any worst case scenario.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    So I guess there is no real trick..just play a lot. That's my problem..I don't play a ton. Maybe 20 minutes a day. I just get way to bored of the Contract Hunts. It's the same thing over and over again. I'll look at the videos. Never tried that..didn't realize you got Gold for it. What are Club Hunts? I'm on Android. Is it only for iphone?
  • Options
    TMan2TMan2 Registered Users 35 Posts
    So I guess there is no real trick..just play a lot. That's my problem..I don't play a ton. Maybe 20 minutes a day. I just get way to bored of the Contract Hunts. It's the same thing over and over again. I'll look at the videos. Never tried that..didn't realize you got Gold for it. What are Club Hunts? I'm on Android. Is it only for iphone?
    Yes right now club hunts are only on iphone/iPad.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Contract Hunts, and lots of them.

I'm on Android, so do not have access to Club Hunts.

I am on Level 62 with about $7M in cash and 540 gold. As with others, I have never spent money on either cash or gold. I have never bothered doing much with gold, except where there was no choice. I passed on using gold for the Christmas hunts, but did use/waste gold on the Region 8 Assault rifle series (and regret the decision, since I am not enamored with the Pachyderm shotgun prize at all).

I only recently started to bother collecting much gold through watching videos/ads and downloading/starting/deleting apps and doing the surveys through Sponsorpay. I will never use my gold on gold-only weapons unless there is no choice (eg special events should I choose to participate). The basic cash weapons for each region are more than sufficient to complete each region.

I also do not waste money upgrading the weapons I buy for the special series. I have to own the gun to take part in the series, but I just use it as a secondary weapon and use my already upgraded gun(s) from higher regions to complete the series (saves a lot of money that way).

With about a month between new region releases, you end up with 28 or 29 days between completing the trophy hunts (completed on the day the region is released) and the next region release to rack up cash by grinding through the contract hunts. At a conservative $200,000 per day doing Region 9 contract hunts, that adds up to almost $6M over 29 days if played every day. At the $360,000 per day mentioned previously, that is over $10M over 29 days). That cash lets you buy and fully upgrade the weapons very quickly when a new region is released, and still have a ton of cash left for the next region.

I have noticed that I am leveling up around every $500,000 now. Anything over level 100 means a lot of hunting and a lot of well earned cash.

plain excellent post. thumbs up!
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    skins579skins579 Registered Users 1 Posts
    how can you watch 12-15 videos per day, i can watch only 2 videos and thats all. :OO
  • Options
    nik_ivanovnik_ivanov Registered Users 36 Posts
    Yes,there is no trick.I have 61M HB and 634 gold without using real money.Just playin'.Watching videos is a way to collect gold.But you are playing on android and that's a good news,'cause you can collect gold by playing other glu games(Dino Hunter,DeerHunter reloaded,frontline comando,contract killer).And with "gwallet" gold shares automatically between all glu games,so you can use it where you need it most.But once you use it,it disappears in all glu games you play.One advice - don't be in a hurry to use gold for weapons. Usually the weapons you can buy with HB,are enough to play and finish the regions.And check out the forum when you have questions. There's always someone who can helps you.Good luck!