r16 Caspian basin

2Next

Comments

• todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Roone wrote: »
    I can quash the accident rumors! This was not an accident that Region 16 was released. However, there are circumstances that DID lead to it being released unannounced! No, I will not be saying what those are! :P

Enjoy the surprise region and be prepared to play the upcoming Holiday content soon! :)

If it wasn't a accident, then it is a first time that we have a region with no assault rifle. We have to win that in the holiday hunts. So the holiday hunts needed to be released first. That's how its always been done in the past.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    My suspicion is that they released region 16 early so that they can release the holiday event next Thursday - a bit closer to Christmas, or possibly even on Christmas Day, and then release HR5 on Thursday 31st December, thereby ending DH2014 on the last day of 2014. It would also explain why they released that survey recently - possibly for the new game, but doesn't explain why there is now a region 16/17 rifle. Not sure how I'd feel about this, I'm enjoying dh14 a lot, but also wouldn't mind seeing how they'd improve upon it for a new game.
    Jgoberyn wrote: »
    My suspicion is that they released region 16 early so that they can release the holiday event next Thursday - a bit closer to Christmas, or possibly even on Christmas Day, and then release HR5 on Thursday 31st December, thereby ending DH2014 on the last day of 2014. It would also explain why they released that survey recently - possibly for the new game, but doesn't explain why there is now a region 16/17 rifle. Not sure how I'd feel about this, I'm enjoying dh14 a lot, but also wouldn't mind seeing how they'd improve upon it for a new game.
    Next Thursday is more likely, x-mas day is not. Nobody works on that day.
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Good point. That would also maintain the usual two-week gap between new event and new region if HR5 was released on 31/12.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Jgoberyn wrote: »
    and then release HR5 on Thursday 31st December, thereby ending DH2014 on the last day of 2014. It would also explain why they released that survey recently - possibly for the new game, but doesn't explain why there is now a region 16/17 rifle. Not sure how I'd feel about this, I'm enjoying dh14 a lot, but also wouldn't mind seeing how they'd improve upon it for a new game.

There has been lots of speculation on the future of DH2014, and Gluadmin was very helpful in this thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?120248-When-is-DH-2015-coming&highlight=DH2016

I am not planning on DH2014 coming to an end with the end of 2014. And there won't be a DH2015. Based on the other thread, expect DH2016 to be released in late 2015, and expect DH2014 to be supported for some time yet-- presumably well into 2015.
    Recall that DH2014 was released in or around September 2013. Releasing DH2016 in late 2015 is consistent with when we got DH2014.
    I will not be surprised if we get a region 17 and probably more. I also suspect that we will see another hidden region as well.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    It's a possibility that a summer release would happen. DINO hunter was out in June. DH 2014 is getting to be a very large app, adding more to it can cause storage issues for some. And it would be smart not to have a long wait for the next edition of DH, when this version does come to a end. People tend to lose interest fast these days.
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Nobody works on that day.

Don't be daft, lots of people work on Christmas Day!
    pistoff wrote: »
    Don't be daft, lots of people work on Christmas Day!

Sorry smarta$$, most people don't work on Christmas day here in the U.S.
  • Mr NielsenMr Nielsen Registered Users 32 Posts
    What's the OTO on the level 16 gold rifle ?
  • nik_ivanovnik_ivanov Registered Users 36 Posts
    Mr Nielsen wrote: »
    What's the OTO on the level 16 gold rifle ?
    If you mean G&H R110,the OTO was 127 gold coins in my case.But it's worth buying it.No need even to fully upgrade it to complete the trophy hunts.
  • Mr NielsenMr Nielsen Registered Users 32 Posts
    nik_ivanov wrote: »
    If you mean G&H R110,the OTO was 127 gold coins in my case.But it's worth buying it.No need even to fully upgrade it to complete the trophy hunts.

Yes that's the one.
    I have all gold rifles since level 8 hard earned by completing all bounties and watching a lot of gold vids :)

But unfortunately I'm a free bee so the gold doesn't just hang from the trees.

Thanks for your answer, it seems like I have to Watch another 22 gold videos before playing the HS hunts in level 16
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Sorry smarta$$, most people don't work on Christmas day here in the U.S.

You always have to resort to insults which only serves to highlight your lack of intelligence. As you're unable to think of any yourself, I'll make you a small list of examples of people that have to work on Xmas day, shall I? How about policemen, firemen, doctors, farmers (clue; cows can't milk themselves), prison officers, newsreaders, bartenders, care home workers, coastguards...
    pistoff wrote: »
    You always have to resort to insults which only serves to highlight your lack of intelligence. As you're unable to think of any yourself, I'll make you a small list of examples of people that have to work on Xmas day, shall I? How about policemen, firemen, doctors, farmers (clue; cows can't milk themselves), prison officers, newsreaders, bartenders, care home workers, coastguards...
    You got me there, your majesty. I forgot how important game devolpers are, yes by all means they must work on Christmas Day. We need to have those updates, forget the family we'll be to busy playing Deer Hunter. THAT shows your lack of intelligence.