happy hunting holidays are here!

2Next

Comments

• LILPHATFACELILPHATFACE Registered Users 7 Posts
    I was told to meet Ray in Vegas and he's not there. So I keep getting these random quests. Help please..
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Sorry, Ray got terminated. It was quick and painless.

(You may be in the wrong forum).
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • PopcornPopcorn Registered Users 111 Posts
    tgblair wrote: »
    been playing the Holiday events and I completed both shotgun & assault rifle events,but i have no link to collect my rewards

Hi,

Some users are currently experiencing a bug where the Holiday tab is not unlocked with in the Region. You can access this content and view your prizes by selecting the event from the NEWS menu.

A fix for this will be coming shortly.
  • Argon18smithArgon18smith Registered Users 3 Posts
    Finished the shotgun holiday series and was presented with an assault rifle i already owned. It cannot be used in the assault rifle series. I guess i will have to find more gold if i want to proceed, not very holiday seasonish.
    Events always require you to spend gold. I usually sit them out. The eventual prizes can always be bought later for HB's if they are required for a region.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    To sit this one out is always a option, but it sure is a lot of fun! They really put more effort into this one. I for one appreciate it, I had to pass on the first holiday hunts..seems like that was 5 years ago, not 1 :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Very true TF, but I'm a cheap ba$tard. :) It does look like a lot of effort was put into this and it looks like a lot of fun. But I save my paltry gold supply for OTO's on gold rifles.
  • Dougie55Dougie55 Registered Users 32 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    To sit this one out is always a option, but it sure is a lot of fun! They really put more effort into this one. I for one appreciate it, I had to pass on the first holiday hunts..seems like that was 5 years ago, not 1 :cool:

Todfoxx, it is up to each and everyone of us that plays these games as to whether or not we wish to fork out tons of cash money to play them, for sure. Your comments about employees, health care benefits etc, is kind of a joke though. These games bring in not thousands, but millions of dollars, and you can be sure the devs and owners are not hurting in any way. I think the point being made by so many of us, is that we do not have the obvious extra cash to keep up in the game as you must have. With what you must already own in this game, I would imagine you have forked over a couple thousand dollars already. I play, and played more than a few games online, and this is the biggest cash cow for the owners of any I have played so far. I enjoy the game, but like others, will just bypass the parts where I have to keep spending my own money constantly.
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Dougie55 wrote: »
    Todfoxx....With what you must already own in this game, I would imagine you have forked over a couple thousand dollars already.

Totally not required. I believe I am on somewhere around level 135 with well over $100M HBs ranked in the top 400 players playing since February and I think I have spent around...maybe $60. I am sure there are some that pay a ton of $$, but it is not required to be successful in this game. JMO
    Say What??
    Dougie55 wrote: »
    Todfoxx, it is up to each and everyone of us that plays these games as to whether or not we wish to fork out tons of cash money to play them, for sure. Your comments about employees, health care benefits etc, is kind of a joke though. These games bring in not thousands, but millions of dollars, and you can be sure the devs and owners are not hurting in any way. I think the point being made by so many of us, is that we do not have the obvious extra cash to keep up in the game as you must have. With what you must already own in this game, I would imagine you have forked over a couple thousand dollars already. I play, and played more than a few games online, and this is the biggest cash cow for the owners of any I have played so far. I enjoy the game, but like others, will just bypass the parts where I have to keep spending my own money constantly.

Certainly not thousands, but I earn a great deal of money doing what I do. I spend it wisely, I always set a small amount aside each month for gaming. Sometimes I use it sometimes I do not. That's the way I play this game. Does that make me a **** for doing so? I do not get on people that choose not to spend their money on this game. Only when they complain about it constantly. This game has been out for a year, this is the way Glu does things. So either pay to play, or play for free without the extra goodies. That's just the way things are with everything, think about that.
  • Dougie55Dougie55 Registered Users 32 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    Totally not required. I believe I am on somewhere around level 135 with well over $100M HBs ranked in the top 400 players playing since February and I think I have spent around...maybe $60. I am sure there are some that pay a ton of $$, but it is not required to be successful in this game. JMO

Tdub, I agree you can be successful in the game without spending a lot of money, and you have obviously shown that. I am just saying that if players want to compete in all the 'extras' of the game, or to own the top equipment, it is going to cost a lot of real dollars. I am only on level 14 right now, as I have to build cash to upgrade my weapons to finish it, and move on. It is fun to play and I will continue to do so, until it forces me to have to usemy own money to play. I would sooner use my spare 'game cash' on purchased games that I can play over and over again. Each to their own though. My comment was more to explain that the devs of the game are not hurting financially running these games. They make millions from the people that do use their cash. Simple as that. JMO as well.
    I also would spend money on games to play over and over. But I can take a ps4 on job trips, I take my iPad.
  • George76George76 Registered Users 27 Posts
    Sunny Thai wrote: »
    Fun stuff. Waiting for energy to refill. Thanks Glu

I agree as well. This event is way better than last year (hard to find a positive post in this thread...geez)
  • IslanderIslander Registered Users 113 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    Events always require you to spend gold. I usually sit them out. The eventual prizes can always be bought later for HB's if they are required for a region.

I sit them out too. I did the first one because it was with hunter bucks. The next one is 429 gold plus updates. I'm sure the last ones are lots of gold that's why they are locked. Same animals, same scenery, just cute outfits. I can pass and keep my gold for other things.
    George76 wrote: »
    I agree as well. This event is way better than last year (hard to find a positive post in this thread...geez)

Sorry if that was pointed at me. I was just pointing out that events are optional. If you want to play them, go for it. I hope I was not negative (I do sometimes try not to be).
  • Cre8ive 477Cre8ive 477 Registered Users 1 Posts
    How do I unlock events in holiday hunts. I have completed all regions in standard till 16. Hidden till 4 and the first 3 holiday hunts. I'm not sure how to unlock the remaining 2 so I can complete them all. Merry Christmas all.
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    How do I unlock events in holiday hunts. I have completed all regions in standard till 16. Hidden till 4 and the first 3 holiday hunts. I'm not sure how to unlock the remaining 2 so I can complete them all. Merry Christmas all.
    The last two events are locked til Christmas Eve. No peeking. Santa's watching. :)
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0