Options

Region 16 Questions and Advice

So I finally figured out how to activate my account. I am a first time poster and avid DH 2014. Read many of your posts and appreciate the hints etc. I have the Spitfire and purchased the Plisskin Serpent. I have not yet begun to upgrade the Plisskin Serpent and now I see that we get awarded a R17 rifle if we complete all 5 holiday events. I have also not yet begun the trophy hunts in R16. Because the cost of rifle upgrades is sooo off the hook....7 levels at 5M plus per level puts a fully upgraded R16 rifle in the 35-40M range I was wondering if I should just hold off, win the R17 rifle and just start upgrading that...thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    DinoDeerHunterDinoDeerHunter Registered Users 144 Posts
    do the free contract with the auto shotty crank up on your bucks and get some of them new gadget i think it should be the good started, and most animal now aday is so close to you or they are pretty darn fast to get next to you, all those sniper and ar kinda wasted, oh by the way they made the ar kind lousy it almost like play with the sniper without scope and those thing sound the same like the pistol sound, what kinda ar that only fire a single shoot at each u pull the stinky trigger kinda funny for the ar
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Let me try to answer this in English.

First, it is usually not a good idea to get a non region gun. First, the upgrades are MUCH more expensive. Second, the gun specs may not fit the requirements.

R16 is expensive. I'm fully upgraded on the rifle and I have completed 4 of the 5 trophy hunts. I always leave the last one open until the next region. In this way, if I don't have time to do 10 contract hunts, I can always just shoot the last trophy in the head 5 times for about the same amount of money.

The contract hunts pay about $88K per and I am currently down about $10M from where I started. So I need to do about 130 contract hunts to pay back. That is not too bad.

So, my advice is to get the region gun and slog through the contract hunts and forego the R17 rifle.

My R15 shotgun worked fine for most of the contract hunts, so I held off buying it for a long time. I did not buy the AR. I use my R15 gold rifle instead with base level scope.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    MaxfuzzybeeMaxfuzzybee Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thx Casa for the reply. Much appreciated. All I wanted to do is do an expensive upgrade once. Wouldn't have thought of it until I saw the R17 rifle as 5th gift. I would certainly stink to wait 4 days, win the rifle, fully upgrade it and then find out I can't do the trophy hunts in R16. I was always thought that unless a specific weapon is specified that you could always use higher level weapons to complete trophy hunts in earlier regions but it makes financial sense that it doesn't. I would assume Glu wants people buying more weapons not less....:)
  • Options
    No problem. I can only offer advice based on personal experience. Others may differ. Do what you feel is best for you.
  • Options
    SchollmhSchollmh Registered Users 13 Posts
    First post. Just finished region 16 with a Grantham King R17 rife and a Westin Auger 16 shotgun. Costly but ran up $ waiting for R16. Got the R17 rife by finishing the holiday kills. When is Region 17 coming out?
  • Options
    zcmzgozcmzgo Registered Users 2 Posts
    i got the r17 rifle and did all the upgrades.. when does region 17 open?? anybody know?? and how do you get to the leader boards??
  • Options
    EiseleAirEiseleAir Registered Users 16 Posts
    Go to your Game Center and go to Deer Hunter. I'm at 1905 at this time :). BTW, the top two scores on the list popped on in a couple of days. They are not real players of the game and scores have not moved in over a month.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I took about 3 months or so off from playing DH, so I'm a bit behind, but I have a question for those that remember going through Region 16.

How many people got through this region using the standard cash rifle (Plisskin Bite) without using 'animal calls' or 'energy drinks'? Specifically, did any one get through the hunting series that has 4 standing animals that run away from you into the mountains? I know I'm a little rusty, but this region is noticeably more difficult for me. I'm used to 1 or 2 difficult hunts in a hunting series, but this definitely seems to have more. I'm used to being able to finish hunts without upgrades until they're 'required', but the 'recommended' upgrade is becoming better advice.

Good job on the difficulty GLU.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I have to admit I used an energy drink once or twice on this region. First time for my iPad. I normally use energy drinks on my iPhone 4S because I can't find the d**n things.
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    I have to admit I used an energy drink once or twice on this region. First time for my iPad. I normally use energy drinks on my iPhone 4S because I can't find the d**n things.

I stopped playing on my iPad and stick with the iPhone4's tiny screen for the challenge; I guess I should change my signature now. Anyway, because I used an energy drink, which I never used to do except for trying to break the 'kill the most doves challenge', I also got impatient and used a 'hollow point'.

So like I said GLU, game challenge and content will get me to pay money in some way.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    I should try to find some use for my hollow points. I think I have about 50 on each device.
  • Options
    First and foremost, I enjoy the variety of multiple animals, different scenery, Predator vs. Onslaught, and anything that adds to my choices.

If you had to pick a favorite Region 16 contract hunt and one weapon to use, what would it be?

Choices or write something in if I missed one:
    3 or 4 Eurasian Lynxes
    3 or 4 Mature Tien Shan Bears
    3 or 4 Mature Snow Leopards
    5 Mature Blacktail Gazelles
    5 Mature Caspian Tigers
    5 or 8 Elder Siberian Ibexes
    6 Mature Siberian Stags
    8 Elder Saiga Antelope
    11 or 12 Golden Jackals
    11 or 12 Pheasants

Personally I like the 5 Ibexes using the Plisskin Bite (manual bolt action rifle) because I like the challenge of having to use the scope more often and accurately. Of course when I want to get mad at the game, for the right reasons, I can always turn to the consistently difficult Gazelles.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Ibexes with the AR (or in my case, R15 gold rifle). I should try using the R16 bolt action. Level 1 scope?
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    Ibexes with the AR (or in my case, R15 gold rifle). I should try using the R16 bolt action. Level 1 scope?

I actually find it more interesting to use the highest level of scope on the running animals because your field of vision is more limited, which makes you really have to aim twice and predict the speed of the animal; once with the open scope locator and then again with the zoomed in scope. Much more similar to the challenge of real long range hunting in my opinion.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    You missed '8 mature Siberian stags'. But yeah I'd have to agree that the 5 blacktail gazelle hunt is the most difficult (and therefore most fun), especially with a rifle. I also like trying to do it with the assault rifle but without looking down the scope. :)