Game transfer on iOS?

todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
Has anybody had any success transferring the game on iOS, by contacting Apple? I know of one person that has stated that Apple customer support talked him through it, and it worked. I have made this suggestion to others, but didn't to it myself. Now being 2015 many gamers may be looking to get new iPhones or iPads. Sorry to bring up a old topic, but I think we should try to find the definite answer. The person I was referring to is a forum member. I can't remember his name.
Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx

Comments

• SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I think that it was Bernard_Black that first mentioned it...
    The "search" functionality on this forum is brutal, but I found it with a Google site search:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?119528-How-can-transfer-data-from-iphone-5s-to-iphone-6-plus-!
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    I think that it was Bernard_Black that first mentioned it...
    The "search" functionality on this forum is brutal, but I found it with a Google site search:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?119528-How-can-transfer-data-from-iphone-5s-to-iphone-6-plus-!

Thanks my Great white north brother! Now if he could step foward and share his experience. That could give iOS users some hope :cool:
    todfoxx wrote: »
    Thanks my Great white north brother! Now if he could step foward and share his experience. That could give iOS users some hope :cool:

At least we Android users have a sticky for the process on the forum... It would definitely be nice to see one for iOS as well.

And depending on where you are in Michigan, I may well be your"Great White South" brother... Thank's to a neat little geographical quirk, I have to go due north from my house to get to Detroit. :cool:
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I see, so Amherstburg, Lasalle, or Windsor. Do you root for any Detroit teams? I know you may be on the fence with the Red Wings! I played a ton of travel hockey in Canada, right up to my twentys. (Goalie) :cool:
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Seems as though Bernard was thinking of another game. He said it had been over a year since he did it and it hasn't even been one year since its Beta release and it's worldwide release was on July 9th, 2014. I could be wrong. Bernard hasn't really posted much recently, not that I can remember anyway
    I see, so Amherstburg, Lasalle, or Windsor. Do you root for any Detroit teams? I know you may be on the fence with the Red Wings! I played a ton of travel hockey in Canada, right up to my twentys. (Goalie) :cool:

I am in Windsor, but attended University of Toronto. As such, I am a bit conflicted. In the end, though, if I can see a team's stadium or arena basically from the end of the next street over, I have to consider them my home team (even if there is an international border in the way).
    At least it is getting easier this year to be a Lions fan.
    As for Wings vs Leafs, one team has won the Stanley Cup in my lifetime, the other has not (barely). By my math, the Leafs last won the Cup just a few months before I became a twinkle in my parents' eyes.
    I do find a way to cheer for both Detroit and Toronto professional teams though.
    In the case of the World Junior Hockey tournament going on right now, though... I am all Canada.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    Seems as though Bernard was thinking of another game. He said it had been over a year since he did it and it hasn't even been one year since its Beta release and it's worldwide release was on July 9th, 2014. I could be wrong. Bernard hasn't really posted much recently, not that I can remember anyway

I saw that it had been a while. It took some effort to find many of his posts, let alone that thread. He posted it in the Dino Hunter, but he could have gone through it with DH2014. It wasn't clear from his post.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I used to live in Windsor. The proper one with the castle owned by the Queen. ;)
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Has anybody had any success transferring the game on iOS, by contacting Apple? I know of one person that has stated that Apple customer support talked him through it, and it worked. I have made this suggestion to others, but didn't to it myself. Now being 2015 many gamers may be looking to get new iPhones or iPads. Sorry to bring up a old topic, but I think we should try to find the definite answer. The person I was referring to is a forum member. I can't remember his name.

This is an ongoing issue and I've replied in a few different threads- I wish there were a clear "yes or no" that it will work. In some cases it does, it others it doesn't.

All I wanted for Christmas was a way for players to reliably save and transfer their games. Maybe next year. :/