? Prizes

mark5487mark5487 Junior MemberRegistered Users 51 Posts
I'm thinking a little weak on the prizes for the winter sentinel hunts.

Comments

  • SchollmhSchollmh New Member Registered Users 13 Posts
    Buy a shotgun and an assault rifle (that are less capable than what I own) to get bow that is the same as the Steriling Infiltrator (owned and maxed out) and a few other trinkets? What a deal!
    It may be a deal if you are new to the game. No benefit to me other than something new to shoot at and I really have enjoyed the game.
  • mark5487mark5487 Junior Member Registered Users 51 Posts
    I agree just finished the standard 8 shotgun hunt spent a little over 200 gold coins for that don't think I'll spend over 400 for standard 15 assault rifle not for these prizes.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Senior Member Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    mark5487 wrote: »
    I agree just finished the standard 8 shotgun hunt spent a little over 200 gold coins for that don't think I'll spend over 400 for standard 15 assault rifle not for these prizes.

    Then just stick to the standard and hidden regions, but don't complain about nothing new! They have had these events shortly after the game came out. Not mandatory, just something extra to play if you choose.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • PZOPZO Experienced Member Registered Users 260 Posts
    Booooooom!
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Experienced Member Registered Users 303 Posts
    You do understand that this is another one month long pay-for-play event that just revisits old regions? Kinda just like the last one, except without the cute Christmas trimming.

    Prize 1: 60 plats, 1 energy drink and 1 IR battery.
    Prize 2: 100 plats, 3 energy drinks and 3 hollow points
    Prize 3: Region 10 bow?

    Where's the new content? Where's the prize that can actually be used in the future? Where's Standard Region 17 or Hidden Region 5? Not here, that's for sure. Another month waiting for something new to do for those who choose not to spend real cash. Exactly how long do we have to wait for something original?

    This is just microwaved leftovers served up on fancy paper plates.

    WELCOME TO DEER HUNTER

    Explore the world
    Customize your weapon
    Unleash your inner hunter

    NO THANKS
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Senior Member Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    You do understand that this is another one month long pay-for-play event that just revisits old regions? Kinda just like the last one, except without the cute Christmas trimming.

    Prize 1: 60 plats, 1 energy drink and 1 IR battery.
    Prize 2: 100 plats, 3 energy drinks and 3 hollow points
    Prize 3: Region 10 bow?












    Where's the new content? Where's the prize that can actually be used in the future? Where's Standard Region 17 or Hidden Region 5? Not here, that's for sure. Another month waiting for something new to do for those who choose not to spend real cash. Exactly how long do we have to wait for something original?

    This is just microwaved leftovers served up on fancy paper plates.

    WELCOME TO DEER HUNTER

    Explore the world
    Customize your weapon
    Unleash your inner hunter

    NO THANKS

    Your right, the game is stale. My apologies to you sir, wasn't trying to offend your intelligence.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • fortesclanfortesclan New Member Registered Users 29 Posts
    You do understand that this is another one month long pay-for-play event that just revisits old regions? Kinda just like the last one, except without the cute Christmas trimming.

    Prize 1: 60 plats, 1 energy drink and 1 IR battery.
    Prize 2: 100 plats, 3 energy drinks and 3 hollow points
    Prize 3: Region 10 bow?

    Where's the new content? Where's the prize that can actually be used in the future? Where's Standard Region 17 or Hidden Region 5? Not here, that's for sure. Another month waiting for something new to do for those who choose not to spend real cash. Exactly how long do we have to wait for something original?

    This is just microwaved leftovers served up on fancy paper plates.

    WELCOME TO DEER HUNTER

    Explore the world
    Customize your weapon
    Unleash your inner hunter

    NO THANKS

    Perfectly stated Roland. I am just as disappointed with this new pattern that is being rolled out by Glu. I have been playing dh and dino since their introduction and have probably only missed three "events" due to the lack of available gold. Due to the monotony, I have not been able to stomach game play with the hopes of getting the opportunity to watch some videos to get gold. I can not believe we will have to wait another month with the hopes that region 17 or hr5 will be available. They are taking "freemium" to new heights��
  • pistoffpistoff Advanced Member Registered Users 865 Posts
    Lows, you mean?
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Senior Member Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    They are not going to re-tool this game now. Just adding events and mediocre content for us to keep playing until DH 2015 is released. Stopping it all right now would be crazy. I still enjoy the game, and will play to the end. My hopes for DH 2015 are high. All of you are still playing, or you wouldn't be writing on this forum. Many games you have to pay to play, I deleted one yesterday. Got as far as I could before I had to purchase something. But it wasn't as fun, or even close to DH graphic wise. My ps4 has 60.00 games that my son can finish in one day. Then get a $hit trade in value, I've been playing this game for a year and have spend $150.00 regret it..NO I'm a hunter in real life and enjoy a GOOD hunting game.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • mark5487mark5487 Junior Member Registered Users 51 Posts
    Thanks todfox for putting into perspective, I also enjoy the game and in retrospect don't mind spending a little cash to keep playin.could glu have done a better job with these recent releases/updates absolutely however at least that gave us something.looking forward to standard 17 and hopefully another hidden region, GOOD HUNTING.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Senior Member Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    todfoxx wrote: »
    They are not going to re-tool this game now. Just adding events and mediocre content for us to keep playing until DH 2015 is released. Stopping it all right now would be crazy. I still enjoy the game, and will play to the end. My hopes for DH 2015 are high. All of you are still playing, or you wouldn't be writing on this forum. Many games you have to pay to play, I deleted one yesterday. Got as far as I could before I had to purchase something. But it wasn't as fun, or even close to DH graphic wise. My ps4 has 60.00 games that my son can finish in one day. Then get a $hit trade in value, I've been playing this game for a year and have spend $150.00 regret it..NO I'm a hunter in real life and enjoy a GOOD hunting game.

    Agree with Todfoxx. These events have occurred quite a few times before in the history of DH2014. No prizes upon completion, and eventually they are there to keep us busy until new material in the pipes gets finalized. We are certain that Region 17 and Hidden 5 are coming, so yes the current event is skippable. A frustration for those that cannot afford the gold? absolutely...but that's just how it is....
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Experienced Member Registered Users 303 Posts
    TodFoxx, you couldn't offend my intelligence, you'd have to find it first! (LOL)

    If I have read correctly, there will not be a game called DH2015. The name will be DH2016, as it will be released late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter of 2015 and will run most of it's life in 2016. Kind of like how DH2014 was actually released in late 2013.

    I am not exactly playing DH2014 anymore. I poke my head in daily to see what I can play and mostly just shut it off after I find nothing (SMH). When there is a tiny little frustrating something (like yesterday), I play the free hunts, collect the plats and shut it down.

    Yesterday, "they who must not be named" (rhymes with poo) released the spigot on Tapjoy a bit and I was able to collect a little gold. I actually needed auto insurance quotes since my move to NC and that helped the most. It took me all day to amass the 15 or so that I needed to buy the Christmas pistol. I played 19 of the 20 hunts, had one to go, I still has one life left (!@#&%!) and then the event was over. Bad timing all around, I was forced into a game restart. No 50 plats, no reward gun, nothing.

    Poooo!!!! (think: James T. Kirk when he raised his fist in the air and yelled "Kahnnnn!!!!")
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Experienced Member Registered Users 303 Posts
    Agree with Todfoxx. These events have occurred quite a few times before in the history of DH2014. No prizes upon completion, and eventually they are there to keep us busy until new material in the pipes gets finalized. We are certain that Region 17 and Hidden 5 are coming, so yes the current event is skippable. A frustration for those that cannot afford the gold? absolutely...but that's just how it is....

    I know that these events have occurred quite a few times before in the history of DH2014, but back-to-back? Also, so soon after Halloween zombie deer and Thanksgiving pilgrim deer events?
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Senior Member Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    I know that these events have occurred quite a few times before in the history of DH2014, but back-to-back? Also, so soon after Halloween zombie deer and Thanksgiving pilgrim deer events?

    yeah, totally right...back to back...a bit too much :(
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,465 Posts
    Just weighing in to remind you that Hidden Region 5 and Region 17 are coming soon.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Senior Member Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    yeah, totally right...back to back...a bit too much :(

    Give me as many events they got, I love them! My weapon inventory is growing quite large. Just another way of keeping it fun! :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • pistoffpistoff Advanced Member Registered Users 865 Posts
    My arrsenal isn't growing much. I haven't purchased a shotgun since region 12 (apart from the 3500 bucks Christmas one). Still using the old Rattler in region 16 and it works fine, just have to use a few extra shells!
  • casajrcasajr Senior Member Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Same for me, but with AR's. I had a lucky score on the R15 AR, but, other than that, had not bought one since R13.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • frank53579frank53579 New Member Registered Users 41 Posts
    well at least you guys can play the winter sentinels...granted I play on FB 3 of my friends have played the event, BUT as for me it doesnt EVEN APPEAR on my side... no special hunts the bottom of the page says standard, hidden and then a locked key where the event is suppose to be. My other friends have standard hidden and winter even and 3 special series to unlock the prizes where I have NON... i have refreshed, i have cleared the cache i have sent 4 messages to support and I have got NO REPLY!!! i guess i am not part of the ELITE players here or my friends....HELL I even tried 3 other computers to see if it was mine and same result NOTHING! BUT after hearing all the replies here, seems like it is the same thing only different animals BUT it would be nice if the problem was solved. Any advice besides putting a gun to my head or tossing my computer out the 8th story of my office building would be appreciated :) Thanks GLU you f(&^* me again.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,465 Posts
    frank53579 wrote: »
    well at least you guys can play the winter sentinels...granted I play on FB 3 of my friends have played the event, BUT as for me it doesnt EVEN APPEAR on my side... no special hunts the bottom of the page says standard, hidden and then a locked key where the event is suppose to be. My other friends have standard hidden and winter even and 3 special series to unlock the prizes where I have NON... i have refreshed, i have cleared the cache i have sent 4 messages to support and I have got NO REPLY!!! i guess i am not part of the ELITE players here or my friends....HELL I even tried 3 other computers to see if it was mine and same result NOTHING! BUT after hearing all the replies here, seems like it is the same thing only different animals BUT it would be nice if the problem was solved. Any advice besides putting a gun to my head or tossing my computer out the 8th story of my office building would be appreciated :) Thanks GLU you f(&^* me again.

    Facebook updates/events do not always happen at the same time as other platforms.
  • frank53579frank53579 New Member Registered Users 41 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Facebook updates/events do not always happen at the same time as other platforms.
    well #1 I have 3 friends that are on FB like me and they have the event and I do not, I followed all the stuff about fb I cleared the cache and nothing and they have been playing for 3 days now. number 2 what about all the tickets that i have submitted about re-embursement and restoring progress. when I lost everything due to YOUR fiasco?? never answered that ? did you. now I know why you guys have a F for a grade. sorry if I am ****ed, but i am tired of getting the run-around and NO REPLIES by your customer service team. BTW the events for the regions are there but the bottom of the page is LOCKED meaning it says standard, hidden and events on my friends and shows the prizes you can get, but mine has a picture of a lock.
  • TdubTdub Advanced Member Registered Users 706 Posts
    frank53579 wrote: »
    BTW the events for the regions are there but the bottom of the page is LOCKED meaning it says standard, hidden and events on my friends and shows the prizes you can get, but mine has a picture of a lock.

    As having been discussed before, go back to "news" where you should find a popup to take you to the events...
    Say What??
  • frank53579frank53579 New Member Registered Users 41 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »
    As having been discussed before, go back to "news" where you should find a popup to take you to the events...

    I do and all it does has a big red ? and then no thanks that is it not a continue or nothing!
  • frank53579frank53579 New Member Registered Users 41 Posts
    and as I stated before GLU has not responded to 5 of my tickets! guess i am not part of the "ELITE" here nor a valued customer. Even called the phone number that is posted on the BBB site and they do not even return calls.
Sign In or Register to comment.