Options

rare hunts gone

Updated the game today now all the rare hunts are gone. Were they removed or is something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    stalkbyfaithstalkbyfaith Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same thing happened to me. I also can no longer watch videos to speed up upgrades or to get glu credits. Bad update!
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I'm not sure which update you are talking about.

In general, there are two types of updates.

1. Binary updates. These are from the App Store or whatever Google uses to update files. These update program infrastructure.
    2. Data updates. These are the maps and weapons and things.

When there is a binary update, there will be things missing. Following the binary update there will be a data update. This will get the new data files. On iOS, you will get an App Needs to Restart message or the data file may update when the game first starts. Not sure how Android does it, but I'm sure it is similar.

Normally, if things like Rare Hunts are missing, you are missing the latest data file. Open the game and just wait for it.

None of this applies to Facebook.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    kainupkainup Registered Users 1 Posts
    same thing here, how does someone fix this, for me it happened on facebook, after updating the game
  • Options
    mzbootzmzbootz Registered Users 11 Posts
    Same here! Using Facebook. Logged in today, and my Rare Hunts are gone
  • Options
    tgblairtgblair Registered Users 12 Posts
    Same here, stared the new bow hunts yesterday. Finished the crossbow series ,I was working the rare hunts looking for map pieces for hidden #5 and when I logged in tonight(on Facebook) all my rare hunts were gone after I had to update my maps
  • Options
    frank53579frank53579 Registered Users 41 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    I'm not sure which update you are talking about.

In general, there are two types of updates.

1. Binary updates. These are from the App Store or whatever Google uses to update files. These update program infrastructure.

2. Data updates. These are the maps and weapons and things.

When there is a binary update, there will be things missing. Following the binary update there will be a data update. This will get the new data files. On iOS, you will get an App Needs to Restart message or the data file may update when the game first starts. Not sure how Android does it, but I'm sure it is similar.

Normally, if things like Rare Hunts are missing, you are missing the latest data file. Open the game and just wait for it.

None of this applies to Facebook.

well I guess us FB users are F....ed again my friend! thanks GLU! just getting tired of them boasting about new things and 'Play now" and when you do go there it isnt available...as my son (it developer) says// GLU strikes again! before he advertises his apps, he makes sure everything works
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    As my social media consultants (AKA 13 and 15 year old daughters) say, people still use Facebook? {roll eyes}
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    dave53579dave53579 Banned Users 73 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    As my social media consultants (AKA 13 and 15 year old daughters) say, people still use Facebook? {roll eyes}
    well maybe some of us cant afford 300$plus Iphones or smart phones etc etc I grew up with ROTARY phones and Atari 26oo and PONG LOL AND didnt stay at home on my **** getting fat playing video games LOL...amd society blames fast food etc SHEESH! just saying.
  • Options
    dave53579dave53579 Banned Users 73 Posts
    take away their TECHNOLOGY for 24hrs and see what happens LOL I did when my son was 16 I thought he was going to die...he looked like a guy that just quit smoking cold turkey LOL