Infared not working on my Bow

crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
I started the Ile of Thile and went to do my first prize hunt, Kill Sunna with a heart shot. the infared would not work. tried a second time, nothing. Went to the standard hunts, with a rifle, everything worked. Not sure whats going on or what can be done, but can't advance in that segment till it is fixed.

BTW on DH2014, there is no support option.

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Upgrade your sight. The infrared kicks in after a few upgrades.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    But it says i can challenge it and the required level of infared is green checked, Meaning it should be available. Am i wrong in assuming this?

I might not have been clear, in my description. I can enter the challenge. which is the two life challenge. Will not let you in, unless you meet all requirements. Which means Infared should, in fact, be working. It is showing 10 seconds available, I upgraded it once just in case there was a mistake. It was 9 seconds the first time, 10 the second.

I got the platnium coins to upgrade it, but would rather save them. in case they are needed later.

Thanks for the reply
    You will need to upgrade it eventually and you will need many more plats to finish (that is what the rare hints are for). Try a few more sight upgrades and see if it works.
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    If you still can't figure out why it isn't working, try doing the hunt with a rifle equipped secondarily. Then you can just use the infrared on the rifle to shoot Sunna, instead of using the bow. It's not ideal, but at least it will let you move onto the next trophy hunt.
    OK, I have upgrades twice since my OP, nothing. I prefer to use the Bow as that's the spirit of the hunt. It shows all checks and allows me to enter, Why would it need to be F'in updated? You can't enter big game hunts, without all criteria met. Unless it's greed and BS, Why would i need to upgrade an already met criteria?. This isn't just any hunt, it's a big game (2 life) hunt, you can't enter without all green checks. I already seen one other, having the same problem, You need to fix it.
    There is an update due later this week. Hope that fixes your problem then.
    this is just an update, I ended up having to upgrade as you said. But i have to ask the stupid question again, Why the hell did i have to upgrade to use something it showed me as having? I mean it had the green check mark, saying i met the criteria. For lack of a better working, that is F'ed up to have to upgrade a met criteria
  • blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    When that happened to me, I put a crossbow as my secondary and was able to use its infrared. Stinks, but it was the only workaround I could find.
    Facebook player
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I am back to the elementary problem with this game... I keep hitting that ****** reload button! I thought I was past this, but I'm back at it again, I shoot 2 lung shots and start reloading as I watch the third one run away :(
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    I am back to the elementary problem with this game... I keep hitting that ****** reload button! I thought I was past this, but I'm back at it again, I shoot 2 lung shots and start reloading as I watch the third one run away :(

During a reload, if you hit the "shoot" button, it stops the reload and goes back to shoot mode. This may not help you if you are changing out a clip, but if you are just loading rounds, it may serve your purpose.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Thanks. I was thinking there was a way, but Maybe it doesn't work with the r110?
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board