Dh 2015

jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
I was using an app to free memory to play the game and I saw a glu ad for DH 2015. Has anyone else seen this? It's not in the google play store.
Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    jgrammentz wrote: »
    I was using an app to free memory to play the game and I saw a glu ad for DH 2015. Has anyone else seen this? It's not in the google play store.

Well, eventually it is going to happen. They changed the icon in the app store altogether yesterday but it still says 2014 and the Glu symbol is now totally golden
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts

Wow, that would be awesome, as strong as this game still is going I'm pretty certain that any new Deer Hunter game by Glu will be the best to work their developers are capable of. I hope this is for real, although it's an awesome game would love to get rid of all the space 2014 is taking up and fill it with all new Deer Hunter content:)
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts

Sorry, but you're mistaken. There is no DH 2015.
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »

Someone is playing a joke then because it did have 2015 written in the ad.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0

Wow, thank you so much for clearing that up and doing so quickly! This week you have been such a huge help to me regarding many different issues. You better knock it off or I'm gonna start expecting this from you hahaha:)
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    DH 2014 will have it's End of Life later this year. It will be replaced by DH 2016.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    casajr wrote: »
    DH 2014 will have it's End of Life later this year. It will be replaced by DH 2016.

Casajr is correct. But there will be a lot more hunting seasons between now and then. Like 9 months worth. ;)
    Wow, thank you so much for clearing that up and doing so quickly! This week you have been such a huge help to me regarding many different issues. You better knock it off or I'm gonna start expecting this from you hahaha:)

Haha. Well some weeks I have answers, some weeks I don't. ;)
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    9 more months of DH 2014? Isn't this app large enough already, and not to mention that you cannot transfer this game if you are using iOS. So basically if you want to continue playing this game, you hold on to your old phone/tablet. Buy a newer model for keeping up with the times, get screwed for not getting a trade-in adjustment...all to keep playing the game.

Think about it gluadmin, you may want to let someone know that making this game transferable with Apple devices could lead to more business. Lots of folks said bye-bye when they learned they couldn't.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    todfoxx wrote: »
    9 more months of DH 2014? Isn't this app large enough already, and not to mention that you cannot transfer this game if you are using iOS. So basically if you want to continue playing this game, you hold on to your old phone/tablet. Buy a newer model for keeping up with the times, get screwed for not getting a trade-in adjustment...all to keep playing the game.

Think about it gluadmin, you may want to let someone know that making this game transferable with Apple devices could lead to more business. Lots of folks said bye-bye when they learned they couldn't.

Well, don't quote me on the 9 months worth. It's just a lot.

As for your second point, oh, they know. Believe me, they know.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Haha yea. Sure would be a nice feature. The way I see it if they know they need to put a team to it and get it working. Hopefully by the time DH16 comes out...

Beta date on that set yet? Might take a trip to New Zealand again, or anywhere else.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    Haha yea. Sure would be a nice feature. The way I see it if they know they need to put a team to it and get it working. Hopefully by the time DH16 comes out...

Beta date on that set yet? Might take a trip to New Zealand again, or anywhere else.

I appreciated your help on the Dino beta Dj, and if it happens with DH 2016 I may have to call on you then. I forgot how that was done. But certainly fun! :cool:
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Remember I will share my NZ account but you gotta get it before my comment is blocked hehe... I mean really it's all fake not really personal information lol
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I'm glad dh2014 will continue well into 2015 and will continue to receive updates, be interested to see what dh 2016 brings to the table when it arrives to better dh 2014
  • WaddodiggsWaddodiggs Registered Users 8 Posts
    I am interest to know what will happen to all the gold, silver coins, batteries, energy drinks , money , etc we have accumulated in the deer hunter 2014. Will I be able to transfer it to deer hunter 2016 or just loose it. If the game ends and I loose it. I am going to be very upset. I have $140,000,000, 3,583 gold, 4,900 silver 89 batteries, 74 bullets and 64 energy drinks. Answer that mr. gluadmin
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Waddodiggs wrote: »
    I am interest to know what will happen to all the gold, silver coins, batteries, energy drinks , money , etc we have accumulated in the deer hunter 2014. Will I be able to transfer it to deer hunter 2016 or just loose it. If the game ends and I loose it. I am going to be very upset. I have $140,000,000, 3,583 gold, 4,900 silver 89 batteries, 74 bullets and 64 energy drinks. Answer that mr. gluadmin
    What are you saving them for?? Use them...
    Say What??
    I am interest to know what will happen to all the gold, silver coins, batteries, energy drinks , money , etc we have accumulated in the deer hunter 2014. Will I be able to transfer it to deer hunter 2016 or just loose it. If the game ends and I loose it. I am going to be very upset. I have $140,000,000, 3,583 gold, 4,900 silver 89 batteries, 74 bullets and 64 energy drilnks. Answer that mr. gluadmin

The chances of players being able to transfer game currency from this game to the next are slim to none. On Android (not Kindle) Glu has the gwallet which allows credits to be shared between many of their games. That is an awesome yet extremely rare feature for gaming companies to have. Basically, it's not logical to expect currency you've earned in one game to be transferable to another game, even if it's made by the same company. If that were the case, it would take all of the fun out of the game as from the very start of the new game, you'd be able to buy the most powerful weapons and completely upgrade them before having to do one hunt. I mean if that were the case, why not ask to have all your progress transferred as well and you could beat the game before you even do the tutorial. You should take Tdub's advice and spend it. Go on a shopping spree. Get the most enjoyment possible out of the game. JMO-Max
    I don't think that the gwallet will be an option with new games. Glu's latest games have not had the feature and I am inclined to believe that DH 2016 will not have the same gold. Sad...I have a huge coffer of these coins fo no use except DH 2014 and Dino which looks dead anyway
    I don't think that the gwallet will be an option with new games. Glu's latest games have not had the feature and I am inclined to believe that DH 2016 will not have the same gold. Sad...I have a huge coffer of these coins fo no use except DH 2014 and Dino which looks dead anyway

You make an excellent point Samer. Tap Sports Baseball, Contract Killer Sniper and Blood & Glory: Immortals(currently in Beta), the most recent Glu releases that I'm interested in all don't support the gwallet. I hadn't realized this but the gwallet is probably being fazed out. It makes perfect sense for them not to have that feature anymore but as a player, especially as one who's just now enjoying the benefits of the gwallet, that sucks.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I think the points you've raised are valid, things like transferring across weapons purchased in dh2014 would rob 2016 of any challenge removing any sense of achievement I feel dh 2016 needs to stand out as a separate game starting afresh
    I think the points you've raised are valid, things like transferring across weapons purchased in dh2014 would rob 2016 of any challenge removing any sense of achievement I feel dh 2016 needs to stand out as a separate game starting afresh
    I would love to have the gwallet carry through but I
    am pretty certain it's not gonna happen. Even gluadmin said in some thread enjoy it while you can
    I look at this way. I have played this game for a year. Not spent a dime of real money. Completed every hunt I wanted to. If I were to start a new game because this one ends. I could still get the best guns if I would be willing to spend real cash dollars. Why should I be left in the dark hanging, if you will because of my diligence. What could I have spent it on that which I don't really need. Well you can see my point.
    I look at this way. I have played this game for a year. Not spent a dime of real money. Completed every hunt I wanted to. If I were to start a new game because this one ends. I could still get the best guns if I would be willing to spend real cash dollars. Why should I be left in the dark hanging, if you will because of my diligence. What could I have spent it on that which I don't really need. Well you can see my point.
    F
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    if you took your car in for repairs and got a free loaner, you would not have the right to a grievance that the car did not have enough power for your satisfaction. Now if you got a rental, you get what you pay for. Seems to me like there are way to many snivels coming from players who brag about not having spent any money...you get what you pay for...JMO
    Say What??

You will not be able to transfer from one game to another. It is a separate game and everyone starts from the same place.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    You will not be able to transfer from one game to another. It is a separate game and everyone starts from the same place.

Yup. No reason to think otherwise.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad