Thanks for the new material / Suggestion

woodsman22woodsman22 Registered Users 19 Posts
I just wanted to take a minute to thank Glu for the Hidden Region 5. I enjoyed the foxes and thought that the bats in the night time sky were a nice challenge. The scenery was very cool looking as well. I just started playing around Christmas 2014 and I really enjoy the game.

One suggestion for future games or releases would be for players to be able to see the number of consumables they have available without going into a hunt. Maybe a tab on the bottom of your weapons that shows your inventory of consumables and you could give players an opportunity to buy more if needed.

Thanks again.

Comments

• GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    woodsman22 wrote: »
    I just wanted to take a minute to thank Glu for the Hidden Region 5. I enjoyed the foxes and thought that the bats in the night time sky were a nice challenge. The scenery was very cool looking as well. I just started playing around Christmas 2014 and I really enjoy the game.

One suggestion for future games or releases would be for players to be able to see the number of consumables they have available without going into a hunt. Maybe a tab on the bottom of your weapons that shows your inventory of consumables and you could give players an opportunity to buy more if needed.

Thanks again.

Glad you are enjoying the game and thanks for the suggestion.

Can I ask, how did you hear of the game and why did you start playing last month?
  • woodsman22woodsman22 Registered Users 19 Posts
    I think I saw an advertisement for the game on another game I was playing. (Sorry I don't remember which game) I had played older versions of Deer Hunter Challenge and Contract Sniper and decided to try it to see what was new.

I have just enough of an OCD type personality that I need to complete things, and this game has been fun to try and complete all the hunts and bounties.

Since I have been playing a lot in the past month, I get impatient waiting for my energy to refill. I downloaded Dino Hunters and I am about half way through that game too. There are components that I like about both games that if merged together would be awesome.

In Dino I like how it progresses you through each weapon type on each Region, but there are not any bounties or consumables, and I can't carry a second weapon. In Dino I like how you don't need to upgrade each weapon the 7th level and it does not take as many contract hunts to purchase the upgrades. It seems like the economics for the upgrades fit better with the number of hunts leading you into the trophy scenario.

In Deer Hunter I like the variety of animals and maps but sometimes it feels like a grind just to make the cash for the upgrade for the one shot to move on to see the next area.

Deer Hunter is still my favorite. I am having a lot of fun and I look forward to the next region / version.
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    Those are some good analogies of several good parts about those games and I feel the same as you do about each point you made. About Dino, though, I'm about as OCD as they come with an extremely addictive personality to boot and I had to give up playing Dinos at the end of region 9. Enjoy the ease of upgrading weapons now because once you hit region 8 the game completely turns around and it becomes endless contract hunts just to get half of what you'll need to buy weapons and upgrades. Maybe you can tough it out. You may even love it, just giving you my 2 cents.
    Those are some good analogies of several good parts about those games and I feel the same as you do about each point you made. About Dino, though, I'm about as OCD as they come with an extremely addictive personality to boot and I had to give up playing Dinos at the end of region 9. Enjoy the ease of upgrading weapons now because once you hit region 8 the game completely turns around and it becomes endless contract hunts just to get half of what you'll need to buy weapons and upgrades. Maybe you can tough it out. You may even love it, just giving you my 2 cents.

Thanks for the heads up on Region 8. I had read a lot of negative posts in the Dino Hunters forums before downloading. Based on the comments I read seems like player satisfaction tanks at about region 8/9. I knew it was limited shelf life but I needed something to help me pass the 10 Minutes to get one more hunt in Deer Hunter.
  • PZOPZO Registered Users 260 Posts
    Welcome Woodsman22! Happy Hunting
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Welcome woodsman! I want to add another piece of advice; the contracts in this game change as you complete each bounty, so if you can curb your compulsion to do the trophies one after another, you will enjoy a wider variety of contracts and I do about 30 or so just to make sure every one has come up before moving on... I always have the money for the next upgrade, and I do them ahead of time so I don't have to wait 30 minutes. Buying all the ARs and shotguns might tack on extra time.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I never realised contracts changed after each trophy hunt good to know! Also roughly how long do kindle updates arrive on average? I always thought it was few days based on previous experience but hr5 not arrived so far..
    Thanks for the heads up and the welcome. I did not notice that contract hunts changed. I just thought they were a finite number looping around.

There is no need to be in a hurry in this game. It would be fun to take my time and see all the game has to offer before completing a region too. I'll see if I can try to curb my compulsions. I should know it is not a race to finish a region but I wanted to see the green check marks.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    Welcome woodsman! I want to add another piece of advice; the contracts in this game change as you complete each bounty, so if you can curb your compulsion to do the trophies one after another, you will enjoy a wider variety of contracts and I do about 30 or so just to make sure every one has come up before moving on... I always have the money for the next upgrade, and I do them ahead of time so I don't have to wait 30 minutes. Buying all the ARs and shotguns might tack on extra time.

Dj,

I started a new game on my wife's iPad, so understanding this has meaning to me.

You are saying to only shoot 1 (out of 5, I am currently revisiting region 3) of the animals in the Trophy Hunts and then play around a bit with the contract hunts before shooting another of the animals in the Trophy Hunts. This way, we will be able to experience all the different scenarios designed into the contract hunts. Then we can shoot the next Trophy animal and repeat playing around in the contract hunts a bit, then move on to the 3rd Trophy, etc.

Also, each time after another Trophy animal is dispatched, the payoff for the contract hunts is increased?

Does shooting the animals in the Hunting Series enter into this or do we just shoot them as we upgrade our weapon with the HBs collected in the contract hunts?

Thanks,

Roland
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    woodsman22 wrote: »
    I think I saw an advertisement for the game on another game I was playing. (Sorry I don't remember which game) I had played older versions of Deer Hunter Challenge and Contract Sniper and decided to try it to see what was new.

I have just enough of an OCD type personality that I need to complete things, and this game has been fun to try and complete all the hunts and bounties.

Since I have been playing a lot in the past month, I get impatient waiting for my energy to refill. I downloaded Dino Hunters and I am about half way through that game too. There are components that I like about both games that if merged together would be awesome.

In Dino I like how it progresses you through each weapon type on each Region, but there are not any bounties or consumables, and I can't carry a second weapon. In Dino I like how you don't need to upgrade each weapon the 7th level and it does not take as many contract hunts to purchase the upgrades. It seems like the economics for the upgrades fit better with the number of hunts leading you into the trophy scenario.

In Deer Hunter I like the variety of animals and maps but sometimes it feels like a grind just to make the cash for the upgrade for the one shot to move on to see the next area.

Deer Hunter is still my favorite. I am having a lot of fun and I look forward to the next region / version.

Thanks for sharing this feedback and welcome to the forums!
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    I do the hunting series right away, it doesn't affect the contracts.

After each trophy the reward goes up and the number of animals you have to kill goes up. But there are also different locations and animals then the final contract hunts so it keeps it interesting. 0 trophies done-5 trophies done.
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board