10623944_935849096434170_7066287779012320104_o.jpg
Say What??

Comments

• DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Well I'm certainly feeling patriotic
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • woodsman22woodsman22 Registered Users 19 Posts
    I have only been around for one event announcement that gave me a popup, The Winter Sentinel. Does this type of teaser usually mean another special event or something else?
    Yea you can expect it around a week from the day it is first seen
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Mike1020Mike1020 Registered Users 4 Posts
    These teasers are for special events and new regions. This one looks like a special event for Presidents Day. Look for it as soon as the Winter Sentinal event ends. I was hope R17 would be out before they did a new event you'd have to use gold to play but no luck.
    With the bounties and the videos I have saved up some gold. If the rewards are worthy I may use some to play in an event (can't take it with me). I did the christmas one and got the STD 16 AR for a lot less than I could buy it for at the time. I passed on this last one because the rewards did not motivate me to spend the gold. I use hunter bucks to buy all my weapons so I would look forward at at chance to get a big discount on a future Rifle, AR or Shotgun for STD 17 or beyond....
  • Max SterlingMax Sterling Registered Users 311 Posts
    woodsman22 wrote: »
    I did the christmas one and got the STD 16 AR

Glad I didn't do that event now. Sounds terrible!!!
    Glad I didn't do that event now. Sounds terrible!!!

I guess it depends on where your reference point is when evaluating the events. For the Christmas Event, I was just starting out and made it to STD 5 and thought the AR would come in handy sooner rather than later. I had not read any of the forum posts so I did not know that events happen as often as they do or for every special occasion.

If I had finished all 16 standard maps and was waiting for new content as long as some of the players have, and had Millions in hunter bucks in the bank, and already owned the AR, I might want to pass on the event as well. Different needs at different times.....

I have enjoyed hunting with the Clayton Guerilla and at the time I was happy to have it in my inventory. ( I got a lot of use out of it. )
    woodsman22 wrote: »
    I guess it depends on where your reference point is when evaluating the events. For the Christmas Event, I was just starting out and made it to STD 5 and thought the AR would come in handy sooner rather than later. I had not read any of the forum posts so I did not know that events happen as often as they do or for every special occasion.

If I had finished all 16 standard maps and was waiting for new content as long as some of the players have, and had Millions in hunter bucks in the bank, and already owned the AR, I might want to pass on the event as well. Different needs at different times.....

I have enjoyed hunting with the Clayton Guerilla and at the time I was happy to have it in my inventory. ( I got a lot of use out of it. )

I wasn't being serious at all. You seem like an intelligent, kind, well spoken person and I'm sorry if my comment offended you or made you upset in anyway. You're right and I wish I could've played all the events I've been unable to participate in. Remember this, As long as you're enjoying this game that's all that matters. Don't let anyone else's comments take away from that enjoyment, especially mine because that's the exact opposite effect I want to have on anyone, ever. Happy Hunting-Max
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Here is my take on the events: Play them ALL!! Who knows if the new DH will have these. I've played all except for the first x-mas, and thanksgiving. You should see my weapon collection, tons of cool ones. Even the obsolete ones(pachyderm shotgun) so throw a few bucks at Glu and play, the sentinel event was NOT disappointing. All of these are a nice add on to the game.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Look you guys, I made an immature, sick joke that thankfully went over everyone's head. I wish I could play all the events and certainly wouldn't ever begrudge the next person for doing so. If you read my- just never mind. I definitely never intended to get this kind of discussion going. I was actually hoping to make some of you guys laugh. I failed miserably though. I apologize again, Max
    If I had one wish it would be that all my gold and guns can be shared between 14 and 16!
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Max,

Not over everyone's head. First thing that comes to mind when one reads his post kind of thing. No worries.

:o
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
    Lol, I hadn't really read the comments just skimmed over them. I missed it until you pointed it out :)
    Choice Dude on Board
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I just saw the pistol and for me that's enough to want to do the event!
    DjRadNaD wrote: »
    Lol, I hadn't really read the comments just skimmed over them. I missed it until you pointed it out :)

Well, I'm glad somebody got a chuckle out it:)
    I wasn't being serious at all. You seem like an intelligent, kind, well spoken person and I'm sorry if my comment offended you or made you upset in anyway. You're right and I wish I could've played all the events I've been unable to participate in. Remember this, As long as you're enjoying this game that's all that matters. Don't let anyone else's comments take away from that enjoyment, especially mine because that's the exact opposite effect I want to have on anyone, ever. Happy Hunting-Max

No offense taken at all. Happy Hunting to you too!
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Look you guys, I made an immature, sick joke that thankfully went over everyone's head. I wish I could play all the events and certainly wouldn't ever begrudge the next person for doing so. If you read my- just never mind. I definitely never intended to get this kind of discussion going. I was actually hoping to make some of you guys laugh. I failed miserably though. I apologize again, Max

Not everyone's. ;) I thought it was funny and I saw the same thing.