Another Bow Infrared question

abraxxusabraxxus Registered Users 15 Posts
Hi all, I've looked at some posts regarding infrared on westin bows.
I have never been able to use it regardless if I charge the battery or not.
Would someone be so kind as to tell me exact steps?

Like 1 do this then 2 do that.

Sorry for being a simpleton lol.

Comments

• Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    You have to upgrade your weapon first in order to have Infrared (IR). To see if it is upgraded enough to use, there has to be a time next to the IR. (X seconds)

To use it, you have to activate your scope (lower left corner).

With your scope on, the IR button shows up to the right of the scope button.

Press the word "INFRARED" to activate the IR. The yellow bar gets shorter as the time gets used up.

You only need to use a battery after you used up the time and want to have more IR.

Good hunting!
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • master_hunter2015master_hunter2015 Registered Users 131 Posts
    You have two weapons primary and secondary. If a hunt requires you to use a bow or crossbow, you can put them on secondary and then use a powerful weapon to finish the hunt, such as region 16 and 17 rifles, assault rifles, or shortguns.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    You have to upgrade your weapon first in order to have Infrared (IR). To see if it is upgraded enough to use, there has to be a time next to the IR. (X seconds)

To use it, you have to activate your scope (lower left corner).

With your scope on, the IR button shows up to the right of the scope button.

Press the word "INFRARED" to activate the IR. The yellow bar gets shorter as the time gets used up.

You only need to use a battery after you used up the time and want to have more IR.

Good hunting!
    I had the infared and was checked for the big game (2 life) hunts, it still would not come on until it was upgraded sufficiently. with all due respect, that is a pretty F'ed up business model. Give it to you let you enter the hunt, but wait, you need to upgrade it to use it? W T H? I wasted 8 lives total, to kill one deer. to be honest, this tells me i will not be spending money, in this venture. Bad decisions, leading to a potentially bad game
  • leuzier13leuzier13 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm having the same issue with the infrared not working on my bow. It says I have 7 seconds worth but it will not activate when I press the "X" key on my keyboard. So I also tried using a battery with no positive results. I am playing on FaceBook so maybe that could have something to do with this issue. BTW the free gold for FB players says That password was already used. Even though it was my first time typing it in. I guess your not as "SORRY" as you say.
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    All the devs will tell you, is upgrade a few times and it will work. It sucks. but is what it is. I do know one thing, I will not go on a real hunting expedition, with these guys. send you out with a Bow that checks out only to find you should have upgraded? Bullchit on that
  • abraxxusabraxxus Registered Users 15 Posts
    i figured it out! Upgrade to a new bow lol
  • leuzier13leuzier13 Registered Users 2 Posts
    So I maxed out the upgrading on this bow. Maxed out. Still no infrared. So I kept getting upgrades with the platinum eagles but after maxing that out it still does NOT work. I'm long past it but I think I should be recouped on the eagles. Since I did earn them but was swindled out of them on a faulty bow upgrade. All the way to level 8. so I expect to see those eagles credited back to my account. fixing the issue no longer works for me since I passed it. Only replacing the eagles that I was charged to upgrade from level 1 to level 8 will be acceptable. This might sound petty but after forking out around $50.00 on gold for Deer hunter and Dino hunter, I feel it's the least they can do. ******It's not upgrade your weapon, it's replace your weapon. The advice here to upgrade is false. You must replace the weapon with a different one to get infrared to work. It will not work on the first bow you are given. No matter how many upgrades you do on it.******
  • HerbyH1561HerbyH1561 Registered Users 10 Posts
    abraxxus wrote: »
    Hi all, I've looked at some posts regarding infrared on westin bows.
    I have never been able to use it regardless if I charge the battery or not.
    Would someone be so kind as to tell me exact steps?

Like 1 do this then 2 do that.

Sorry for being a simpleton lol.

1. hit the Z key for scope/sight activation.
    2. Hit the X button to activate the infrared feature.
    You have to have the sight activated before you can activate the infrared.
  • HerbyH1561HerbyH1561 Registered Users 10 Posts
    leuzier13 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue with the infrared not working on my bow. It says I have 7 seconds worth but it will not activate when I press the "X" key on my keyboard. So I also tried using a battery with no positive results. I am playing on FaceBook so maybe that could have something to do with this issue. BTW the free gold for FB players says That password was already used. Even though it was my first time typing it in. I guess your not as "SORRY" as you say.

I play on Facebook also and I just went back and purchased the Westin Bullseye Bow, upgraded it to 445 power and infrared 14 sec., went to Hidden Region 1 and played the contract hunt for 2 Black Bears. The infrared worked fine even though I didn't have the recommended power upgrade on the bow and I killed both Bears with 1 shot each with the infrared working. I bought the bow and upgrades for a little over 300 Platinum that I earned for free during game play. So it's not that you are a Face Book player or playing on your PC that is causing the problem. Did you hit the Z button first on your keyboard before you hit the X button? You have to have the sight activated with Z before you hit X to activate the infrared.