Video issues on iPad

I am having issues while watching videos on my iPad since the R17 upgrade.

I get a message to watch a video to get a IR battery, energy drink, etc. and when I hit the button, the game "blinks" and then goes back to the game after a pause.

When I go to watch a video to get free credits (gold), each time I hit the Watch Video button, the game "blinks" until I finally get the "no more videos" message.

The advertising videos are also affected by this issue. The ad video will start, the screen goes all white and finally I get to the end where I pick No Thanks or Download Now. (or whatever it says)

It doesn't happen every time, but it happens most of the time. It is rare that the video actually works.

I am missing out on a lot of consumables and gold due to this issue. Is anyone else having this problem, on a iPad or other platform?

Thanks,

Roland
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad

Comments

• Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I play on an iPad, and I have not experienced that sort of problem. Maybe I shouldn't say anything but I haven't had any problems since I started playing in December 2013. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    It's happened several times to me also.

Chris
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Thanks for the feedback.

I was poking around the iPad (it is actually my wife's) and noticed there was an update waiting in the que. I ran it and after it was complete, the video issue was still there.

Another video issue not listed above happens when I am upgrading a weapon. The choice is wait 30 minutes or watch a video. There is a video available, but when I push the button, it "blinks" and it goes back just wait 30 minutes with no video available.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I get no videos for anything on kindle, bite me Amazon!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Roland, on my iphone6 most of the videos work just fine but I do get what you describe once in awhile. I just chalk it up to Glu or Trialpay. Not worth my time to talk to them. But in your case I would submit a ticket if you haven't already.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I get no videos for anything on kindle, bite me Amazon!

I concur re: Amazon. It takes the fun out of the game, not watching videos to get gold and all the consumables.

I loved how it worked on the iPad, but it changed for the worse recently. How has your iPad mini fared after the recent upgrades? Any video glitches or no discernable change?
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    Roland, on my iphone6 most of the videos work just fine but I do get what you describe once in awhile. I just chalk it up to Glu or Trialpay. Not worth my time to talk to them. But in your case I would submit a ticket if you haven't already.

Bill, I was kinda hoping gluadmin would poke his head in here and then maybe he could ask a couple questions and the just pass it along to the programmers. I haven't had much luck with the ticket route, none actually. Most of the answers just pi$$ed me off and then I would go off on a rant, which helps no one.

I'll wait for gluadmin to read this thread and pass it along (or not, as the case may be). As you say, not worth my time to talk to them (or stress level). It will probably get fixed eventually.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I get the same thing sometimes, but it has happened since the advent of the watch video for x prize. I figured it was due to my GFW internet connection. Hit the watch button video, no video, back to game.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Hi there- checking with the team, but it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue at this point. If anyone else is seeing this, let us know!
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    We are looking at this issue as we speak. Gluadmin and myself asked the team to verify. Thanks.
    Thank you Gluadmin and Francis.
    Thank you Gluadmin and Francis.

ditto with the thanks
    We could not replicate this problem on our end. Are you still experiencing this issue?

I'm wondering if this was reflecting a problem from the video partner serving the ads.
    Francis wrote: »
    We could not replicate this problem on our end. Are you still experiencing this issue?

I'm wondering if this was reflecting a problem from the video partner serving the ads.

My game has been very stable this past week. No crashes of any kind. I've probably jinxed myself now. Lol
    My game has been very stable this past week. No crashes of any kind. I've probably jinxed myself now. Lol

haha shhhhhh keep it quiet ;)
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Still happens every once and awhile

Chris
    It still happens. This morning, I went to play after my energy was used up. There is a button to watch a video to get more energy. It worked once. The button still indicated more videos were available to watch for free energy, but pressing the button lead to nothing. After pressing the button 4 or 5 times, the message came up, "no videos".

Same as watching videos for gold credits. It worked once or twice, still indicated more videos were available to watch, then multiple presses on the button and then the message.

There has been an improvement in watching videos for consumables. It only fails about one in ten times now. I am starting to build up my supply of these now.

I also still occasionally have the white screen lockup for popup ad videos. It happens about once every three days. Reboot is often needed but sometimes just cycling the game off and on does the trick.
    It seems like the free videos for gold have all but dried up. I used to get 15-25 a day. Now I'm lucky if I get 2 or 3.