seriously, over 12 million for region 17 AR?

TopperTopper Registered Users 5 Posts
I know that cash is pretty easy to obtain, a bit of patients and persistence will do, but come on! Over 12 million for a standard AR is a little bit much. Or am I the only one who thinks that way?

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    AR's have always been expensive, which is one reason I usually don't use them.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    You make it up quick in this level.
    Just doing contract hunts you hit $1m in 7 hunts....

But, honestly- the AR in this level is not necessary.

It is fun to use it for birds and Dholes though

Chris
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I am now on region 16 and have yet to buy an AR. No need for one. Starting over from scratch leaves no excess Hunter bucks to spend on frivolous weapons.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Ditto, but currently just in R10 on my startover. I may buy the R17 AR when DH 2014 winds down just to clean up all the bounties that require one.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    Topper wrote: »
    a bit of patients and persistence will do
    yes, but the hard part is finding patients with money :)
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    I am now on region 16 and have yet to buy an AR. No need for one. Starting over from scratch leaves no excess Hunter bucks to spend on frivolous weapons.

I am currently on Region 8 in my iPad startover.

I bought the Region 4 AR because I couldn't get the gold rifle for that region. I had spent my gold on an Event, so I didn't have enough to pay for the Region 4 gold rifle when the OTO came up. I won't be playing any events for a while!

I bought the Region 1 and 3 shotguns for a backup weapon. Instead of buying another one every other region, I stretched out the usage of the Region 3 shotgun as long as I could and then bought the Region 9 shotgun. That should last me a couple more regions plus the HRs for use as a backup.

I am currently saving up for the Region 9 pistol in order to shoot some moose for the bounty in Region 8. I will be there for a while trying to collect enough plats to complete the bow series for the HRs, so I may as well have some fun with the contract hunts doing it.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
    B
    I am currently on Region 8 in my iPad startover.

I bought the Region 4 AR because I couldn't get the gold rifle for that region. I had spent my gold on an Event, so I didn't have enough to pay for the Region 4 gold rifle when the OTO came up. I won't be playing any events for a while!

I bought the Region 1 and 3 shotguns for a backup weapon. Instead of buying another one every other region, I stretched out the usage of the Region 3 shotgun as long as I could and then bought the Region 9 shotgun. That should last me a couple more regions plus the HRs for use as a backup.

I am currently saving up for the Region 9 pistol in order to shoot some moose for the bounty in Region 8. I will be there for a while trying to collect enough plats to complete the bow series for the HRs, so I may as well have some fun with the contract hunts doing it.

I'm having trouble doing hr5. I can't seem to gather enough silver to upgrade the bows to push forward. I'm having to either do tons of contract hunts or just wait out the timers. I've chosen to wait out the timers for now. I want to catch up to everyone and complete region 17.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »

I'm having trouble doing hr5. I can't seem to gather enough silver to upgrade the bows to push forward. I'm having to either do tons of contract hunts or just wait out the timers. I've chosen to wait out the timers for now. I want to catch up to everyone and complete region 17.

Getting plats is killing me as well. That is why I am distracting myself with a handgun.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    I play events to get next region weapons but region 17 still cost a third of my Hunter bucks total figure region 18 will need a lot of hb's
    I play events to get next region weapons but region 17 still cost a third of my Hunter bucks total figure region 18 will need a lot of hb's

I have 155,000,000 hb's so far. I hope that is enough for the r18 weapons.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Think I spent approx 30,000,000 on 17 your way ahead of me I'm 125,000,000
  • erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    haven't used an AR past region 13... strictly hunting with rifles and shottys... the lynx bounty in 16 was tough using the 13 AR...but fun...
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    How many times have several of us complained about no where to spend all our accumulated HBs? Now you cry about the expense of new guns?? I will gladly spend the HBs vs Gold anyday! JMO
    Say What??
    Tdud,

Me too.

$'s over gold all day long.

Chris
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Tdud,

Typo OR ???
    Say What??
    Type over. Due to autoincorrect