Antarctic glacier?

michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
Have I missed something here, I've only seen 1 animal endemic to the Antarctic. I know not much lives down there, penguins, seals,whales and some bird species. I know it's only a game but surely they could have found somewhere in the northern hemisphere to name it after.

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    The hidden regions are quasi-fantasy areas. Relax and enjoy the ride and don't worry too much about accuracy.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    michaeljp wrote: »
    Have I missed something here, I've only seen 1 animal endemic to the Antarctic. I know not much lives down there, penguins, seals,whales and some bird species. I know it's only a game but surely they could have found somewhere in the northern hemisphere to name it after.

Well it is not the first time. Glu game developers have placed several species outside their normal habitats in all 18 regions of DH 2014. And as casajr said, hidden regions are supposed to be quasi mythical places. At least they did not place crocs or lions in the Antarctic, that would have been scandalous ;)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • michaeljpmichaeljp Registered Users 36 Posts
    Well it is not the first time. Glu game developers have placed several species outside their normal habitats in all 18 regions of DH 2014. And as casajr said, hidden regions are supposed to be quasi mythical places. At least they did not place crocs or lions in the Antarctic, that would have been scandalous ;)

I am enjoying it fellas, I didn't look at the mythical side of it till you mentioned it. Cheers
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Yeah I used to find the out of place animals quite annoying as well, but I don't mind it so much now. One thing I do love about the hidden regions are the trophy hunts. There are references to all sorts of things, from Norse mythology to Dracula and even Monty Python.