Spring Invitational

triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
Just got the update. There is a crossbow, shotgun, and AR series. second and third event prizes are the Shotgun and AR for Region 19. Just some plats and sports drinks are awarded for the 1st part.

Comments

• lordkaosnylordkaosny Registered Users 2 Posts
    I got the update around 2:00 pm ET and I finished it by 6:00 pm ET. I hope I'm one of the first 500 people to finish and get the free hat.
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    Just got the update. There is a crossbow, shotgun, and AR series. second and third event prizes are the Shotgun and AR for Region 19. Just some plats and sports drinks are awarded for the 1st part.

it was all too easy...be sure if you played the Elite Series you don't end up buying the gun you won by finishing the elite Series. ....also be sure to fill out the survey to get your free cap after you finish the Invitational.
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I noticed the prize shotgun isn't a semi auto one. Are we gonna see the return of the gold only auto shotgun?
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    nuggets911 wrote: »
    it was all too easy...be sure if you played the Elite Series you don't end up buying the gun you won by finishing the elite Series. ....also be sure to fill out the survey to get your free cap after you finish the Invitational.

I want to reinforce one of your statements. I was offered an OTO for the AR in Region 6, even though I won it in the elite event. It shows up twice in my weapon shop. DO NOT BUY THE AR IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT. Seems to be a small glitch.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    I want to reinforce one of your statements. I was offered an OTO for the AR in Region 6, even though I won it in the elite event. It shows up twice in my weapon shop. DO NOT BUY THE AR IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT. Seems to be a small glitch.

I noticed that also. I'm hoping I'm in the first 500 also. But I didn't finish until 8:45 pm pacific.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    No interest at all in a hat but at least the weapons awarded as prizes were very nice.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • a3300552a3300552 Registered Users 61 Posts
    i hope glu make event gun range more good,range x1.5 is suck a lot,should make range at least x4.and that event gun will have good worth to buy for finish event and do good at normal cintract hunt.
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    I noticed that also. I'm hoping I'm in the first 500 also. But I didn't finish until 8:45 pm pacific.

I believe the announcement was "be ONE of 500" not "be one of the first 500"...that was the way I read it anyway.
    Say What??
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    casajr wrote: »

it is not a glitch, there are two rifles with same name, the one won with the elite series is the "elite", which is superior to the one offered for purchase. At least that is what I had for android...
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Nothing Elite about it, the specs seem identical.
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    it is not a glitch, there are two rifles with same name, the one won with the elite series is the "elite", which is superior to the one offered for purchase. At least that is what I had for android...

the only thing that makes it superior is you didn't pay for it... It is the same exact gun and either one of them will work for the spring Invitational... The glitch he was referring to is if you already owned the gun by winning it in completing the Elite Series you still got the one time offer saying that you needed the new gun to continue the spring Invitational which was entirely untrue...if you completed the elite series and fell for the oto then you had two exact same guns and paid gold you didn't have to pay.
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    the only thing that makes it superior is you didn't pay for it... It is the same exact gun and either one of them will work for the spring Invitational... The glitch he was referring to is if you already owned the gun by winning it in completing the Elite Series you still got the one time offer saying that you needed the new gun to continue the spring Invitational which was entirely untrue...if you completed the elite series and fell for the oto then you had two exact same guns and paid gold you didn't have to pay.

Yep. My bad. Same specs for both rifles. One has the name elite added and has a lighter golden color than the other one. Other than that they are exactly the same. Now I have a twin :)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    I to have a twin ...

But, the game won't except the first weapon until after the OTO....

So I bought thinking it was different somehow.

Next couple of hunts I tried both...

Either worked...

Sucks

Chris
  • Luis_hernandezLuis_hernandez Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hello everyone. How we can know if we are one of the first 500 on finish the spring invitational series?
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    hello everyone. How we can know if we are one of the first 500 on finish the spring invitational series?

you don't have to be one of the first 500......
    Say What??
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts

Dang, I fell for the OTO as well and wasted valuable gold in the process.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    this event was weak ... the elite series was more enjoyable.. thanks for the r19 shotty... i guess...
  • ChazwangChazwang Registered Users 1 Posts
    Uhhh ! Yes sir .... Agree !
  • GibBeckyGibBecky Registered Users 16 Posts
    I can only get the spring cross bow by buying coins? Or is there another way?
    pistoff wrote: »
    I noticed the prize shotgun isn't a semi auto one. Are we gonna see the return of the gold only auto shotgun?

What does it matter if it is a pump? Look at the fire rate, it is the same as the semi auto.
  • erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    it fires semi auto ... there is no pump action ... even on the reload...
    it fires semi auto ... there is no pump action ... even on the reload...

That is what I was trying to point out, they call it a pump but it works just like all the ones they call semi-auto.
  • jdustinjdustin Registered Users 1 Posts
    Okay, well, do you know how to tell if we're one of the 500 (first or otherwise)?
    How can we find out if we get the hat?
  • LINOMORLINOMOR Registered Users 100 Posts
    Stop spending $$$$$ We ARE ON STRIKE!!! Pass This on!!! We need better support!
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    Maybe you will get the cap in the mail? Just guessing here.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
    jdustin wrote: »
    Okay, well, do you know how to tell if we're one of the 500 (first or otherwise)?
    How can we find out if we get the hat?

My question is why would you want one? It is just free advertising for Glu plus you gave them your name, address, phone number and email address which they will sell to telemarketers and spammers.