Options

Hunter Bucks Question

AuthennticxAuthennticx Registered Users 1 Posts
Just looking for clarification on the hunter buck currency. I am wondering what increments it is. I ask because, for example, if I click upgrade on something that I don't have enough for such as an upgrade that costs 1,240,000 bucks it suggests the 24,999 pack for me and says "enough to cover it". Is that to say it is 24,999 x 100? That would sort of make sense since I couldn't imagine paying $100 for truly 160,000 when it takes a few energy to obtain that amount in region 9. Needless to say I am reluctant to purchase 24,999 if that is in fact the real amount and it would in fact "not be enough to cover it"

Comments

• Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    No idea, but I would NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER consider buying HB's. Do some contract hunts instead. If you need 1.2M for an upgrade,you are probably in R17-R19 and your contract hunts are paying 130-280K each. Do 10 hunts.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    In region 19, if you haven't killed King Valiant in the last trophy hunt yet, don't do the heart shot as required. Shoot him in the head instead. Then you can kill him over and over again for $578000 per hunt. Your hunter bucks will accumulate very quickly.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    It is crazy what Glu wants for hunter bucks or anything else. Just do the contract hunts as casajr said. I have over 1.2 billion hunter bucks and 6000 gold and have NEVER spent a penny of real money on this game. Good luck!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • Options
    Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Tanner,

If you do two contract hunts at $290,000....
    You will also get $580,000

So, it no longer is advisable to fail hunts intentionally for $'s...

Chris
  • Options
    erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    grind harder...
  • Options
    Tanner,

If you do two contract hunts at $290,000....
    You will also get $580,000

So, it no longer is advisable to fail hunts intentionally for $'s...

Chris

Very true, but sometimes lazy people like me just want to make a quick few million without doing 10 hunts. Start-shoot-fail 5 times takes about 2 minutes max.
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    Very true, but sometimes lazy people like me just want to make a quick few million without doing 10 hunts. Start-shoot-fail 5 times takes about 2 minutes max.

My sentiments exactly!
  • Options
    If you are intentionally failing a hunt, why bother to play the game at all? You might as well find another game you would like better.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with enjoy/not enjoy. For me, it is cash flow management.

Lets say I have $100M. I know looking forward to the next region that I will need about $40-50M to buy rifle/shotgun/AR (not upgrades, that is done with cash flow generated in the region). So, in order to simply maintain my current cash balance, I would need to accumulate an additional $50M before the next region.

I don't have a lot of free time, but I can find 2 minutes several times per day to do this. So, the easiest and quickest way to accumulate cash is to fail the last trophy hunt. I can do this while waiting at red lights, getting coffee, taking a leak, etc.
  • Options

Lets say I have $100M. I know looking forward to the next region that I will need about $40-50M to buy rifle/shotgun/AR (not upgrades, that is done with cash flow generated in the region). So, in order to simply maintain my current cash balance, I would need to accumulate an additional $50M before the next region.

I don't have a lot of free time, but I can find 2 minutes several times per day to do this. So, the easiest and quickest way to accumulate cash is to fail the last trophy hunt. I can do this while waiting at red lights, getting coffee, taking a leak, etc.

I see your situation. I am retired and have nothing but free time and earning hunter bucks is easy if you have the time. Different ways for different people, good hunting!
  • Options
    If you are intentionally failing a hunt, why bother to play the game at all? You might as well find another game you would like better.

I enjoy the game just fine. As we progress into higher regions, it takes more HB's for upgrades. Leaving the last trophy hunt uncompleted is a good way to accumulate a lot of HB's. I have been doing this since around region 6. I will continue doing so until the next region comes out, or until DH 2014 goes kaput and DH 2016 starts. It's just the way I like to play the game. To each his/her own.
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts

Agree with all that. Busy with kids, school, businesses, and everyday junk. Get in, kill the kitty and get out.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    By the time people have gotten to the higher regions, they have done thousands of hunts and kills. They know what works best for them.