Deer hunter region 21 and beyond

emilko79emilko79 Registered Users 2 Posts
Hi can you tell when region 21 and beyond will be realeased?

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    If there will be a region 21, I would expect it in about 2 weeks. There should be a July 4th event coming this week. Again, IF there is a Region 21.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    I think we'll get R7 in 2 weeks, and then I doubt there will be any more new regions. If there is a region 21 it will be 4 week after HR7 though.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    True, there may be an HR7 to finish the game off. 20 Sounds like a good number to end the standards regions with.

Has anyone been successful in downloading DH 2016 in Switzerland? I tried, but my iTunes account needed to be registered there and I had no billing address in Switzerland to change it to.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    casajr wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful in downloading DH 2016 in Switzerland? I tried, but my iTunes account needed to be registered there and I had no billing address in Switzerland to change it to.

yes, just installed sucessfully on ipad2 with a swiss account. same as we did at the time for dino with an australian acct. played as far as i got, waiting for energy to refill. energy takes longer to refill, 1 energy flash every 2.5 minutes, 10 required per hunt. 60 total max, needing 60 x 2.5 min to completely refill = 2.5 hrs. to buy would be 50 gold for one complete refill (60 flashes). the concept / gameplay is pretty much the same as dh2014: different weapons (rifle, shotgun, ar, bow), need to upgrade, hunter bucks, gold, silver eagles, blah. seems like currently it's just two regions. nice graphics, landscapes and music, all roughly the same as in dh2014.
    nhvwxf.jpg
    XiazDW.jpg
    BRdAPs.jpg
    Gzkzfp.png
    0rLXAm.png
    5P9Va7.png
    fegKXk.png
    unKgFk.jpg
    UYersX.png
    2TJ7DL.jpg
    87E05T.jpg
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Good to see u back on the forums beerhunter :)
    I guess we will wait for release later this year. I assume the currency is new right?
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    Good to see u back on the forums beerhunter :)
    I guess we will wait for release later this year. I assume the currency is new right?

hi there, samer! :p
    never was gone really. been following the forum, just didn't post myself.

what do you mean by 'the currency is new?' ?

the 'currencies' are just like in dh2014:
    - (green) hunter bucks
    - gold
    - platinum / silver eagles

of course, there's no option of transferring or sharing existing assets through shared wallet or so - at least i don't know of one - if that's what you're talking about... it's ios, not droid... will be interesting to see if shared wallet stills works as it used to once it's released on android...
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    2.5 hrs to refill energy is crazy. Way too long to wait. I'm guessing that will change at some point. I won't wait that long, but also won't pay 50 gold to refill either.

Other than that it looks good. I like the option to use different weapons for a different reward.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    i am with you bill, thanks for your input, 50 g for one little refill is over the top. still, game ist not ALL THAT new, but fun. no shares in the company. great graphics, somewhat new music. stuff has become EVEN MORE expensive but, said it before, even glu developers deserve their paycheck end of the month. business.
    as i'm almost done with region two now, i would like to share just a bit more background information if you haven't played dh16 yourself yet.

currently, there are two regions, region 1 is alaska, region 2 is texas. graphics are really great but i might be blown away just a bit too much since normally i play on a phone (samsung galaxy s5) that has a much smaller screen than the ipad2 i am now using for dh16.

the new interface is cleaned up, things more in order. for example the weapon shop now has an own bigger button.

the rewarding system has some changes. heart and lung shots will give extra energy, one or two flashes. not really a lot when 10 is needed per hunt but better than nothing.

contract hunts have been divided into:
    shotgun hunts to earn (green) hunter bucks
    a.r. hunts to earn silver eagles
    bow hunts to earn experience points (xp)

within each section there then are different levels of hunts to which you are eligible - or not. as you move along and improve your xp new (higher level) contracts with higher payouts will open up.

guns are available for either hunter bucks or gold. bows can be bought with silver eagles or gold. as we would expect everything is expensive. top gear rifles and shotguns are at 500 gold, a.r. range at around 370. from what i have earned so far i currently have 169 gold... in addition to that some guns still have the same name and price and only differ slightly in color or shape; clearly still in beta.

but most tedious really is the new energy refill. 25 minutes for one hunt is double and a half of what it is/was in dh14. that the max once completely refilled is 6 hunts compared to 10 in dh14 doesn't make it any better. let us hope glu revises this.

speaking of the hunts/animals per se there's nothing really new (so far). deer, sheep, wolves, bears... first two regions not really much more to expect. difficulty/challenge is (at those two first levels)... now, what should i tell all you brave and experienced hunters out there... compared to elite series... a walk in the park.

overall? sure nice. sure new. missing something not having it yet? no, my friend, you're not.

for now, i would say let's lean back and see what the final version looks like. and let's pray they rethink the 'energy policy'.
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    Thanks for the share of dh 2016 information beerhunter. Wishing the sharing wallet still there in the final version as well.
    Cheers.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    Question for those who had the beta version of Dino. Did the final release differ much from what was in the beta version?
  • Tango_DownTango_Down Registered Users 29 Posts
    Thanks for the rundown of dh2016 beer hunter - very interesting. Looks like they've been a bit lazy with the guns from your screenshots? So maybe region 20 is the last - bar any hr7 they may do... That said, months ago I said it would all end with hr5 so I'm obviously no barometer...
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Question for those who had the beta version of Dino. Did the final release differ much from what was in the beta version?

Took me a bit, but found the thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?106847-New-Update-New-Look

There were some look and formatting changes, but the biggest change from beta to release seemed to be that the prices went up dramatically.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    update:

there was some new content added to dh16. nothing spectactular; of what i can tell just some new hunting series hunts. no new weapons. some bisons, antelopes, cougars, crocs... fairly easy so far. also, i never had any animals attack (cougars), somehow this hasn't been implemented yet or they changed the concept.

GOOD NEWS: energy has now been changed back to a 10 max as in dh14. to refill 1 energy flash takes 10 minutes. so it's the same now as in dh14. interesting is that you can go above the 10 when you earn energy on some of the hunts e.g. if you get 3 flashes as a bonus from the hunt you could have say 12. it then shows actually 12/10. so the maximum of 10 only applies if you get the flashes from the time counter but not if you get them as bonus from a hunt, seems fair. price to buy is still at 50 gold for a full 10 flashes. if it would go over the 10 if you buy them (say i have 8 now and buy 10 i would have 18) i can't tell... i'm not spending a full 50 of my scarce 215 gold just to try...

in contracts there's a change too. shotgun and ar hunts now both award hunter bucks, bow hunts give trophy calls. used to be with ar you could earn plats, not anymore.

as to weapons there's nothing new still just some 'placeholders'. for higher level ar contracts it tells me 'new weapon recommended' and all i get as selection is three of exactly the same 'hauer tornado' at 375 gold each. which i can't afford. nothing to buy for hunter bucks.

other than that there are some other bugs like hunt is 'kill two bisons with lung' the first one said 'lung shot' and the second one was 'head shot' (i shot lung) but then nevertheless the hunt was 'complete'. same happened in hunt no. 35 whith 3 alligators, first was 'lung shot', second 'head shot', third 'lung shot' but hunt again was 'complete'. in addition, once in a while the game will crash, not too often though.

so, nothing really world-shaking but seems they're working on it.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    As helpfil as always. Thx beerhunter :)
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)