hunter buck register topped out at 2,147,300,000

WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
This is second time I have topped out a dh 2014 register.....new hunter buck gains from sucessful hunts not adding to the register total....
Prev1

Comments

• casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Looks lime you hit a limit. I'm in awe. It's not 32 bit, its not 64 bit, so this has me curious.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Wow, didn't know there was a limit....

I am only half that much though so may not reach ceiling till 2016 comes out

Chris
    Range for a signed 32 bit integer is +/- 2,147,483,647. Looks like that is how the HB balance variable is declared. Congrats, you beat the system. I'm surprised (and impressed) that they are even error checking for this. {mental note: check for more overflow errors}.

No idea why it is a signed variable, as I can't think of a way to have negative HB's, but that would explain your situation.
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    WmC wrote: »
    This is second time I have topped out a dh 2014 register.....new hunter buck gains from sucessful hunts not adding to the register total....
    Congratulation WmC you reach the system limit that is a 32Bit system, I.e. half of (2)exp(32) for both + and - number as stated by casajr.
    WmC can't go thru I assume he is in standard 19 which reward around 288000+ HB. Therefore his last registered HB 2147300000 + 288000 will over the limit.
    Again congrats.
    Cheers.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    This bug also locks up hunter bucks so that they cannot be spent on anything.....I now have a fortune in hunter bucks that is totally useless. ...no weapons....no upgrades....nothing..
    ..if this is not corrected I will be forced 2 retire from dh2014.....
    I have opened tech support req with glu on this issue...
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    This bug also locks up hunter bucks so that they cannot be spent on anything.....I now have a fortune in hunter bucks that is totally useless. ...no weapons....no upgrades....nothing..

That really stinks, all your hard work and then the bucks are of no use to you. I'm in awe of your achievement, I just passed 1.4 billion so it will not be a problem for me before the game ends. I sincerely hope that Glu gets this fixed for you. Best of luck!
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
    Whoops!!! Thank again for the info WmC. Beware every body do not reach the ceiling.
    Well need only one bunny in experiment to prove.:D
    Is it kind of punishment for those super addict? :cool::cool::cool:
    Thank WmC. If you use android you could use gold coin like Samer.
    Cheers.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    brodeen wrote: »
    Whoops!!! Thank again for the info WmC. Beware every body do not reach the ceiling.
    Well need only one bunny in experiment to prove.:D
    Is it kind of punishment for those super addict? :cool::cool::cool:
    Thank WmC. If you use android you could use gold coin like Samer.
    Cheers.

Lol, I better stop amassing those gold coins lest I get locked too. Well in fact I have not collected any new ones since the beginning of the year and my count has fallen from 50000 to around 21000. I am spending it all and hoping it is enough to terminate DH2014 with.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    ... billionaire hunters club....
    Wandering if any one of us running 64bit system I.e. ipad air can go over the max HB for 32bit system as above.
    For android the adroid L (64bit) will out around this month June 2015.
    Cheers.
    As far as I know, the Unity game engine is 32 bit only, so your 64 bit machine is still running the app at 32 bits. It d be should be a fairly simple fix to convert the HB balance and all HB calculations to 64 bit, assuming whatever development language used supports long integers as an extension. Then there is the problem of the eventual microscopic number displays.

I think it is more of a case in the design that no one anticipated that the game would last so long and that someone would eventually hit the limit. I look at my minuscule stashes of $150M HB's and wonder how that is possible too.
    Unity 5.0 was released for free on March 3, 2015. Capable of handling 64bit instruction. However, we don't know if the unity 5 Game engine has been implemented in DH2014.
    Cheers.
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    At 1.7 B.... Is nice on updating, buying ect.

Now wondering if I'm going to top out at 2.1 B......?...?

Went back and purchased weapons I hadn't....

Still got a littl room with upgrades on some of them.....

Guess, will see how much earn in region 20¿

Chris
    I'm impressed that people have reached such lofty heights, but my goal when I die is to be owing American Express about $500,000.
    casajr wrote: »
    I'm impressed that people have reached such lofty heights, but my goal when I die is to be owing American Express about $500,000.

Sounds like a great goal but I can't afford American Express, I'll have to to be satisfied with being a play money billionaire :).
    Well casajr you are very generous. You expect to have AE $500,000. when you die so cannot use that. Means you give it to your family.;)
    :o Reminds me when I went to Vietnam for the first time (no, not during the war). I forgot to get cash, so I went to the ATM. I did a balance check and found that I had over 100,000,000 in my account.

Of course the exchange rate at that time was 16,000:1. But it felt good for a little while.
    :o Reminds me when I went to Vietnam for the first time (no, not during the war). I forgot to get cash, so I went to the ATM. I did a balance check and found that I had over 100,000,000 in my account.

Of course the exchange rate at that time was 16,000:1. But it felt good for a little while.

Still makes you well off in my book with 6250.00. Living on a fixed income I am lucky to have 62.50 left at the end of the month.
    Support ticket has been open 4 over a week now..
    ..no resolution..
    ...no response...
    ...no hunter bucks.....
    On region 20 weapons upgrades I am now prompted to purchase hunter bucks that will not be added 2 the register because the register is maxed out and cannot be used since the register is still locked up prompting me to buy more hunter bucks for weapons upgrades...I am getting dizzy in this circular logic.....
    I assumed you are on android os based device. I suggest you transfer to other android device using the google account. I hope the last "lived" or useable HB can be used. However the level might be different.
    Good luck.
    Cheers.
    brodeen wrote: »
    I assumed you are on android os based device. I suggest you transfer to other android device using the google account. I hope the last "lived" or useable HB can be used. However the level might be different.
    Good luck.
    Cheers.

Thx 4 the though....however I only have one Android device....my best guess is that region 20 will b my last regular region in dh2014 since I will not throw away my reserves of gold just 2 run thru the upgrade cycle 4 the 3 region 20 weapons....I just never saw being resource poor at this level of the game.....maybe dh2016 will b better.....however not encouraged....not enough long range thinking on the glu staff....
    Well...after several weeks of no progress on locked hunter buck register...I own region 20 weapons but have no hunter bucks 2 upgrade.. ..region 20 becoming unplayable with region 19 weapons....I see complaints on cost 2 upgrade region 20 weapons but I have over 2 bill hunter bucks that i can't use....
    Really stinks that "the powers that be" will not fix the problem for you.

I passed the 2 Billion mark yesterday.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/FloridaSteve65/Screenshot_2015-06-25-18-25-47_zpsb4lgb1yq.png

Now I have to be sure to slow down and not do the same. Thanks for warning us so we do not get caught in the same trap.
    Well...the fix 4 this issue is in the hands of the developers....they might fix it... ...eventually.. ...maybe...
    in the mean time I am shut out of region 21....
    broke the 2 billion mark twice already... been buying older weapons trying to stay under the cap...
    broke the 2 billion mark twice already... been buying older weapons trying to stay under the cap...

I know what you mean, I spent half a billion and now I am just 12 million from hitting 2 billion again. I guess on the plus side we get to try some weapons we would not have otherwise.
    Back over 2 billion again, I need to spend some money so I don't hit the limit. Does anyone one have a particular favorite of the older weapons that would be good for me to try? Thanks!
    the game still has an option to purchase hunter bucks...
    after reading this thread, you just have to laugh.
    the game still has an option to purchase hunter bucks...
    after reading this thread, you just have to laugh.

The really funny thing is that they want 99.99 for 160,000 HB. If there was a way I would give anybody 100 million for half that and be happy as I can be :). Of course that would get you banned quickly I am sure.