game crashing

Even before the new update the game is suddenly crashing after each hunt approximately. The only way to not crash is to disconnect from wifi once game loads. Cleared cache, restarted but to no avail. Anyone having similar problems?
Playing on LG G4 (Android)

Comments

• Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I'm on an iPad, and I have not had that problem. Sorry I can't help.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I have a first gen iPad mini doing the same thing. I attribute it to just being an older device being overrun by apps designed for higher performance systems.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • fortesclanfortesclan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Playing on a Note 3, and if I am lucky I get one hunt in, then the game crashes. I have been playing this game since the beginning and I cannot believe this is happening like this.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I believe that the games have been optimized for higher level devices. For example, I know that for iOS, the game is optimized for iPhone5 - 6 and whatever CPU and GPU they use. My older iPad is one generation before this, so the compiled code is a bit wonky at times. I would assume that is the same for the various flavors of Android.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Most likely so. The funny thing is that I had no problem since the game release two years ago and up until now on my ancient Samsung amid all the problems that occurred. Moreover I have been playing the "very new" terminator genisys gane without a problem!
    I can live with playing the remaining days of dh 2014 off wifi. I guess I have to purchase a new device for dh 2016!
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    I have not experience "the crash" yet.
    Hopefully you will get a fix soon.
    Cheers.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    After finishing new region 21 and then the rare hunts in region 7 went to region 17. On the heart shot game crashed. Every other time I have tried to start the game it crashes after the first hunt begins, but before completion. Reported it several times over the past 10 days. did the clearing cache, uninstalling other apps, removing and reinstalling google play, services, and game. Deleted and allowed the game to reinstall the gwallet and deerhunt2 folders. I know I have an older phone but is there anything else I can do to get me to the next game deer hunt 2016? It would have been nice to have an acknowledgement of my report about the crashes. I have submitted several over the past 10 days with no response.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0
  • fortesclanfortesclan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Same here. Ten days, reported a million times, put in a ticket, and have received one e-mail asking me what phone I am playing on as well as the operating system is loaded. No help whatsoever. I have never missed an event, and this is how they treat a loyal player since 11/13. Bull $#*+
  • jgrammentzjgrammentz Registered Users 131 Posts
    fortesclan wrote: »
    Same here. Ten days, reported a million times, put in a ticket, and have received one e-mail asking me what phone I am playing on as well as the operating system is loaded. No help whatsoever. I have never missed an event, and this is how they treat a loyal player since 11/13. Bull $#*+

I did notice that if the cloud stopped in the middle of the hunt that I could play the rest of the energy available and all progress was kept. But I have no way to make corrections to my account in the cloud and I don't want it reset with all the guns, items, and currency to disappear. I was able to complete the first two Summer sleigh Bells events and collect the prizes.
    Phone Samsung s6 galaxy Android 5.0.2, Tablet miTraveller Android 4.0