Options

Buying an OP rifle with premium (low rank)

nicoga3000nicoga3000 Registered Users 18 Posts
I am only in region 5 and was considering buying the 720 premium currency pack to buy the R22 rifle Plisskin Rifle X or whatever the one on sale is right now. My question:

Will that take me all the way up to R22 without much hassle? I realised I'll still have to use HB to get upgrades to my rifle and shotty, but rather than grinding hard every single region for piddly upgrades, I'm wondering if this is a good use of funds.

If not, what would be the best way to spend ~800 premium currency at R5 to minimize grinding?

Comments

• Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    If you are in R5, try to stick with the R5 weapons, or at most R6. Multi region weapons can also work, but the automatic rifles are probably the best investment.

For each region, the cost of weapons not only goes up, but I believe that the cost of upgrades also goes up. While the basic power will be enough to keep you for a while, you still need to upgrade for stability, sights, capacity, infrared, etc. Lower payouts in the low region hunts versus higher costs for the later region weapons and upgrades. That will actually MAXIMIZE the amount of grinding that you have to do!

I suspect that going straight to an R22 weapon will be a really bad move. Region 22 will cost several million to fully upgrade. Tough to do on R5 payouts.

Don't be afraid to sit on your 800 gold. It gets tough to come by. Save it for one-time offers on the automatic weapons in each region that have faster reload times. Don't let it burn a hole in your virtual pocket!

Here is a thread started by someone who did what you are considering, but with a much smaller difference in regions: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?109836-Rifle-Upgrades-are-very-very-expensive. It will give you an idea of what to expect, but keep in mind that should you do it, the purchase that you are considering will cause you even greater issues than reported in the other thread!
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Oh that's a good point.

When you say the automatic weapons, you mean the AR or a rifle with faster reload?
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    The rifle with faster reload. Not a big deal in the lower regions, but handy as you progress.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I believe he is talking about the gold rifles. They are semi-automatic with a 1 second fire time, as apposed to the 3.5 second fire time for the bolt rifles and have a much faster reload time. I buy these and do not buy assault rifles, since the gold rifles have more power, better optics and IR if you need it. The downside is they are a little slower, but that is usually not a problem.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys.

Next question/clarification - is it worth even investing in a gold rifle now? I'm about to start R6. My worry is that I'm going to be "forced" to buy new gold rifles every region. How many regions does a gold weapon typically last for?

And the other big consideration is the fact that DH 2016 is due out soon. I may be better off not spending money on 2014 and just diving in deep into 2016. I can't imagine 2014 is going to be supported for too terribly much longer.
  • Options
    Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    nicoga3000 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys.

Next question/clarification - is it worth even investing in a gold rifle now? I'm about to start R6. My worry is that I'm going to be "forced" to buy new gold rifles every region. How many regions does a gold weapon typically last for?

And the other big consideration is the fact that DH 2016 is due out soon. I may be better off not spending money on 2014 and just diving in deep into 2016. I can't imagine 2014 is going to be supported for too terribly much longer.

I would not spend any REAL money on DHB 2014, there is always a way to earn HB or gold. As the others have said do not spend real money to buy the R22 rifle, I bought a R14 rifle when I was playing R6 and it took me forever to max it out so I could finish the R6 trophy hunts and move onto R7. I wasted a bunch of hard earned gold and wished I had it later for special events.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • Options
    erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    rifles and shotties are all you need
  • Options
    master_hunter2015master_hunter2015 Registered Users 131 Posts
    When I started to play the game after mid-December 2014, I used each region's specified rifle. However after 2 regions of play, I got the region 16 rifle (the best during Christmas 2014) for a few hundred gold coins with real money. That worked for me to finish all 16 regions within a month. So far I have spent total $70 real money in the game and a few hundred coins could win from these special reward hunting series.

However after region 17, Glu started to only allow manual rifle to be free which could be tough for multi-animal hunts. I prefer to use automatic rifle but have adapted to manual rifle since region 18.

All of these 22 current regions are relatively easy except a few tough hunts, but you always can use your earned energy drinks for slow down animals, double bullet, and extra display time, animal call as well to pass through all hunts.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    The region 22 gold rifle costs around 70-80 million hunter bucks to fully upgrade!