When is dh 2016 getting released ?

I see offers for downloading it before 18 sept but don't see it open for download.
Prev1

Comments

• TheWeaponTheWeapon Registered Users 12 Posts
    Can't last much longer, rumors say today.
    DH 2016 :D
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    On the 18th
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • TheWeaponTheWeapon Registered Users 12 Posts
    Download available on the Google Play Store!! ;)
    DH 2016 :D
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    TheWeapon wrote: »
    Download available on the Google Play Store!! ;)

Downloads are not necessarily available to everyone at the same time, depending on geography. It came available here in Canada a couple of weeks ago.
    Hopefully, the full launch has arrived. If anyone is still not able, just hold on a while longer.

Have fun with it! I know I did. The first three regions and first event go by pretty quick though, and the contract hunts get even more tedious than in DH2014 due the exorbitant gold-only prices of the assault rifles (there are shotgun contract hunts and AR contract hunts-- weapon specific). To keep it "free," you are limited to the same few shotgun contract hunts ad nauseum.

Starting at Region 1 means a lot of easy hunts through the first three regions, especially compared to the later series in DH2014 and the Elite events. To really compare, you will have to think back to comparable region levels between the two games.

Back to boring shotgun contract hunts while I await R4...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Just got it on iPad. Downloading now, excited. :)
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    Downloading now from Play store. Perfect timing too. I ran out of hunter bucks only halfway through region 23 and haven't had to grind through contract hunters to earn bucks about 5 regions ago. Not going back to that mind-numbing chore. I guess I won't go back to this game anymore unless they release a new HR.
    Not going back to that mind-numbing chore.

Trust me... That mind numbing chore will remain a chore and will be just as mind numbing.

And unless you pay a TON of gold for the ARs, your only choice for contract hunt variety is to choose ones with a lower payout, making it even more mind numbing.

Good timing on your HBs!
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    And it looks like I just got a big update as well. Presumably corresponding to the official release. Will be interesting to see what differed from what I assume was the beta version I have had for the last couple of weeks.

BTW... There is an official DH2016 forum at http://ggnbb.glu.com/forumdisplay.php?189-DH16-General-Discussion. Not much activity yet though.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Trust me... That mind numbing chore will remain a chore and will be just as mind numbing.

And unless you pay a TON of gold for the ARs, your only choice for contract hunt variety is to choose ones with a lower payout, making it even more mind numbing.

Good timing on your HBs!

Good to know. It probably won't seem like a chore at first since it's a new game but if this game shapes out to be a lot like 2014 I probably won't play for very long.
    Also, why did they give us the option to register and be notified when the game was available? I didn't get a notification. Just happened to come to the forum and find that people were downloading it.
    Good to know. It probably won't seem like a chore at first since it's a new game but if this game shapes out to be a lot like 2014 I probably won't play for very long.

I am still on the fence... DH2014 jumped the shark for me a while ago. The Elite series were all ridiculous to me, and the weapon and upgrade costs were just getting insane. I think the whole game just went on way too long.

DH2016 is refreshing in some ways, but the same old thing in others. Willing to see where it goes.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    Also, why did they give us the option to register and be notified when the game was available? I didn't get a notification. Just happened to come to the forum and find that people were downloading it.

Pre-registration was to get the "Welcome Pack."
    Not sure about any notification.
    I was able to download the game a couple of weeks ago, but just got the "Welcome Pack" now with the giant update.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • G_BEESG_BEES Registered Users 83 Posts
    Latest download today is a second event series, and again you get one free bow for 30 hunts and then it's time to spend gold. Hope a full version release brings much better graphics. Hunter movements are very limited and the contract hunts very often have you hunting 3 elk or mountain goats 4 hunts in a row. The type of animals seems very limited. Most hunts will take you about 6 seconds to finish. (iPhone hunter from Canada)
    Correction, there are only 10 hunts in the first of four in the event. Took about 10 minutes to finish. Wound up with about 600 extra Platinum Eagles ( basically;the event reward) after having to upgrade the bow 5 times in 10 hunts. At least some new scenery after so many contract hunts. None of the animals seem to try to hide and the paths they travel seems to be about the same no matter what kind. This all is not a bi*tch, but more in hopes that GLU will eventually make it play and look like 2014. That's my wish anyway
    The new event series seems like an abbreviated version of the first series. Same amimals, fewer hunts.
    At least the Mythic White Stag was there this time.
    gold weapon prices remain ridiculous though
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Got it on Android about an hour ago. After hunt 14 I was offered 50 gold to watch a video. Enjoying it so far.

Press the "Starter Pack" button, move right and you'll get an offer for 50 gold, 500 HB and 5 energy for free.

Also, press the energy button and the first 10 pack is free.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    No offers like that on iOS that I can see. Also no videos or offers for free gold yet.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    ^^Lets hope they get that changed. Was also able to watch about 7 other videos for a total of around 35 gold.
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    So far not terribly impressed but at least it is something different.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1

I agree.........
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts

I am on region 3 and I am truly disappointed... I know a new game will have a different feel but I'm not digging the feel of dh 2016. ... maybe the graphics are better but only marginally...dh2014 is layed out better I believe... The Hunts do not seem to progressively get more difficult....a lot of repetition...I could go on but it just generally sucks as far as I am concerned... Hopefully glu will keep deer hunter 2014 going on for at least a little while... but if dear hunter 2016 doesn't get better I am done... not going to waste my time on something that just wastes time rather than challenges me.
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • jj51gdiyjj51gdiy Registered Users 63 Posts
    Allow me to be the first to complain about lost gold.I was given70 free instead of 50 and had it up to around 95 when I finished region 1.Entered Texas and suddenly had 6! Here we go again Glu.......
  • jj51gdiyjj51gdiy Registered Users 63 Posts
    Deer Hunter got me through dying of cirrhosis and a successful liver transplant in March.This new game is a little prettier but it couldn't have pulled me through the hell I went through .Frankly disappointed.I will keep playing but DH 14 stays in my phone.
  • AnbuDH2014AnbuDH2014 Registered Users 18 Posts
    I have finished region 1 and I am getting we are unable to make the connection with server error whenever I tried to open the DH2016 . I checked with internet everything looks good. What happened to DH2016??
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Nice game. Tons of gold needed to play through events and stages, as expected. Disappointed. Finishing region 2. And of course no free goldcfor videos on Android at least in my region of the globe :(
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    Sadly the more I play it the LESS I like it. I refuse to spend real money for fake money (it is hard enough to pay my real bills on a fixed income) so I have to play super boring shotgun hunts to earn upgrades. Hopefully it will get better as it goes along. To be fair it may be a function of having plenty of everything in 2014 and never needing to "grind it out".
    Sadly the more I play it the LESS I like it. I refuse to spend real money for fake money (it is hard enough to pay my real bills on a fixed income) so I have to play super boring shotgun hunts to earn upgrades. Hopefully it will get better as it goes along. To be fair it may be a function of having plenty of everything in 2014 and never needing to "grind it out".

And the premium paid out for the AR contract hunts is barely more than that paid for the shotgun hunts-- not even close to justifying wasting all that gold.

I do remember grinding it out in DH2014, but you had more variety in the contract hunts. Only really mattered for the first couple of new regions after the game launched though (at least in terms of waiting to ba able to buy upgrades, etc. Once you completed a region, you had another three weeks or so to just do contact hunts and stock up for the next region. Once a new region launched, it was easy to quickly max everything out.

I think the grinding is about the same, or at least will settle out to something similar. My main beef is the lack of variety and the crazy pricing of the gold weapons.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    I agree the prices for gold weapons is crazy high. Another thing I hate is being forced to watch a video for nothing and then I go to the "free gold" section to watch a video and it says "out of videos". How can you be "out of videos" when you just forced me to watch one to continue playing the game?
  • TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    I do not like DH2016...plain and simple. I have already deleted it off my Ipad and will just keep playing 2014 till it is over. Sorry Glu, you lost me on this one.
    Say What??
    Tdub wrote: »
    I do not like DH2016...plain and simple. I have already deleted it off my Ipad and will just keep playing 2014 till it is over. Sorry Glu, you lost me on this one.

A man that knows what he wants, you have to respect that!
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Tdub wrote: »

I agree with you Tdub. I bought the bolt action rifle to use in region 3, but I'm not going to spend any real money. The game is just not that entertaining. As long as we waited for this gam, I expected a lot more. After Region 3, I'm done.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad: