transfer to new phone (android)

beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
as my (nice, new, wonderful, magnificent, incredible etc etc) samsung galaxy s5 just arrived,
i thought it might help a few of you out there sharing my experience.

note, that this is for android, for ios i don't know.

first of all: yes!, game progress can be transferred, it worked for me.

i ain't using google+ so i don't know if that has an effect if any.
on both devices dh14 was not hooked up to google+.

you'll need:

a) both devices hooked up to wlan

b) an external / separate computer to activate helium.
i used my win7 laptop.

what i did:

1) find 'helium' (what used to be 'carbon') on google play and install it on both devices,
the free version is going to be sufficient, at least was for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=de

2) hook old device up to pc (i use an usb cable) and start the helium app

3) go to
http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon
to get the desktop software, install it on your computer and run it

4) (helium should now be activated/enabled)

5) run backup of the deer hunter app on the old device and choose the external sd as storage
(you could also use internal storage of course, i first thought sd would be easier as it was
always supported on other devices but for some reason didn't work with s5, read on)

6) put sd card into new device (both devices should be turned off while changing the sd)

7) download/install dh14 on the new phone and play through the introduction, first deer,
buy the shotgun, two ducks, etc.

8) hook new device up to pc and start the helium desktop program on pc, this should enable helium (on the new device this time, yes, needs to be done every single time and for every device)

9) since helium for some reason didn't recognise the sd card (could be something s5-specific,
as other apps e.g. diskusage don't see the card either) i moved the backup to the internal
storage of the phone:

take contents of sdcard/carbon folder and move it to phone/carbon

10) now restore deer hunter from the backup

11) helium gave me an error message, telling me that the restore didn't work
properly... BUT...

*** game progress, regions, hunter bucks, plats, weapons, consumables, bounty progress...
EVERYTHING THERE! ***

you'll have to download the maps for standard and hidden and also need to load
the weapons but other than that... just fine.

Comments

• straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    This is very good news indeed thankyou beerhunter
    ( + )
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Thank you for posting this! Sticking it.
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    (just edited the post, some spelling and getting more precise on point 8)
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    following up on this, the 'helium-sd-card-problem' isn't samsung or s5 specific; it's a change introduced with android 4.4. aka kitkat: http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes
  • smilesmile Registered Users 1 Posts
    any solution for iOS?
  • DjRadNaDDjRadNaD Registered Users 1,448 Posts
    My device: iPhone 5c
    Choice Dude on Board
  • Curt_0325Curt_0325 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Have you found out a way for the iPhone game play can connect to an android yet?
  • mars2509mars2509 Registered Users 1 Posts
    bonjour comment faire pour récupérer ma progression car je viens de changer de telephone j étais au niveau 70 et sur mon nouveau iphones je redémarre au niveau 1
    merci
  • D.L.HOMID.L.HOMI Registered Users 1 Posts
    and will that work visa versa because I have it my Samsung galaxy and want to transfer to my desk top!!
  • FrancisFrancis Registered Users, Moderators 591 Posts
    Folks i just need to post this by policy:

3rd party tools are not endorsed by Glu Mobile. We are allowing these to be mentioned here per the recommendation of your fellow users. Use it at your own risk. Glu Mobile is not responsible nor liable to anything resulting or related to these tools as far as our games are concerned.

Thanks.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Since this has been "unstickied" now, and since the search function here is essentially non existent, this highly useful information will soon be lost to anyone not willing to wade, page by tedious page, through every single thread, looking for it.

I will be saving a copy so this highly valuable information will not be lost, to be used at my own risk, of course.

Thank you to beerhunter for bringing it to our attention.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • vinningaloketvinningaloket Registered Users 8 Posts
    The great info in this thread didn´t work on my Win 7 computer, the website Went bezerk.
    No big loss really for me because I started all over again and that was a good decision, all bounties are new and the Gold is Rolling in and I haven´t used a single gold yet when I have reached the 6:th region.
    Google (not google +) did a automatic install of all my apps I had on my old phone (with the same SIM-card). Thanks to DEER Hunter Reloaded I got 550 gold (don´t ask how and why...) but all other progress in DH 2014, DINO hunter and Lil Kingdom was lost.
    Best regards!
  • SlayerfromdeepdownSlayerfromdeepdown Registered Users 221 Posts
    Francis wrote: »
    Folks i just need to post this by policy:

3rd party tools are not endorsed by Glu Mobile. We are allowing these to be mentioned here per the recommendation of your fellow users. Use it at your own risk. Glu Mobile is not responsible nor liable to anything resulting or related to these tools as far as our games are concerned.

Thanks.

That sounds fair enough
  • swanybdsswanybds Registered Users 68 Posts
    When I upgraded to a new iPad mini I did an iTunes encrypted backup and a cloud backup. Cloud did not work on restore for deer hunter but iTunes restore did. I transferred everything back to where I was losing nothing.
  • RogenRogen Registered Users 4 Posts
    any solution for android?
  • seckinseckin Registered Users 1 Posts
    TRANSFERRING DH 2014 FROM ANDROID TO ANDROID
    I did it..!!
    I transferred DH2014 from S6 to S8 without any loss of progress gold cash etc.. All you need is an external usb flash memory stick..
    1. From the old device, in the file manager go (in order) to internal storage, then to Android file, to data file, and copy the two files (com.glu.android.gwallet and com.glu.deerhunt2) to usb flash memory stick, then put the memory stick to new device where there is no DH game and paste the two files exactly in the same place, in the android file of the new device. If there is already the so-named files there overwrite them or delete them.
    2. Take the memory stick back to the old device and this time in the internal storage again go to Android file but this time go to obb file in it and there copy the file named com.glu.deerhunt2 to the stick ( pay attention! Don't mess up with the first file with the same name... !!). Take the memory stick back to the new device and paste this file in internal memory- Android-obb file of the new device.
    3. Download the game in the new device from google play and open it but DON'T PLAY.. Then close it.
    4. In your new device go to Google Play Games (assuming that you have a player account) and open DH 2014 in your recently played games..
    There you go..... You have all your progress, gold, cash, weapons, etc..
    Except your MAPS!!... which is easy to reload....
    This is how I succeeded tonight to transfer the game from my old Samsung S6 edge to new S8 without any loss.. I hope it works for you too..
    Best wishes..
  • FasnoonFasnoon Registered Users 6 Posts
    Hello 

I played DH2014 for many years, even before you called it DH Classic. Had lots of money and if I remember correctly about 17,400 gold, with a top level shotgun, bow & rifle. 

When I changed my to current iPhone, the whole progress was lost. You can even check game centre in apple, my name is Fasnoon in game centre. You will see all the progress I made, which is all gone.

Please help get that back, or at least my gold, if you can't get my guns back to me. It's common sense to have a "cloud save" button in your settings where one should be I able to download your progress to your new iPhone. Have spent over $400, probably more don't plan to spend any more real money to buy guns or gold if every time I lose everything when I change my iPhone. 

I got a feedback from the Glu customer service, that’s the game progress is saved locally on the device... blah blah blah blah. 

Well that is why you have a software update !!! Just why not add a cloud save option in the game in settings for loyal fans? This way you can down load progress from cloud in the new phone. 

What about the all that time (and money) spent? If you are that greedy for funds, let the players give you let’s say 1/2 the gold as cost to move game to new phone, but they get to keep weepy, including upgrades and game progress!? It’s still highway robbery but at least players can continue after taking a “hit” from greedy game owners.

Now again, I’ve spent tons and invested months of my time to get up to over 6 billion cash and a few thousand gold. Can also give you screenshot of my old phone if you like. Please help and give my progress back. This is not fair..

• SolloSollo Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Good
  • Sonic98Sonic98 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    edited March 2020
    Fasnoon said:
    Hello 

I played DH2014 for many years, even before you called it DH Classic. Had lots of money and if I remember correctly about 17,400 gold, with a top level shotgun, bow & rifle. 

When I changed my to current iPhone, the whole progress was lost. You can even check game centre in apple, my name is Fasnoon in game centre. You will see all the progress I made, which is all gone.

Please help get that back, or at least my gold, if you can't get my guns back to me. It's common sense to have a "cloud save" button in your settings where one should be I able to download your progress to your new iPhone. Have spent over $400, probably more don't plan to spend any more real money to buy guns or gold if every time I lose everything when I change my iPhone. 

I got a feedback from the Glu customer service, that’s the game progress is saved locally on the device... blah blah blah blah. 

Well that is why you have a software update !!! Just why not add a cloud save option in the game in settings for loyal fans? This way you can down load progress from cloud in the new phone. 

What about the all that time (and money) spent? If you are that greedy for funds, let the players give you let’s say 1/2 the gold as cost to move game to new phone, but they get to keep weepy, including upgrades and game progress!? It’s still highway robbery but at least players can continue after taking a “hit” from greedy game owners.

Now again, I’ve spent tons and invested months of my time to get up to over 6 billion cash and a few thousand gold. Can also give you screenshot of my old phone if you like. Please help and give my progress back. This is not fair..

I agree with this guy. The idea they can't release an update or even a tool to allow backup or cloud backup is ludacris.  I'm assuming it doesn't even work if you backup your app data to iCloud. I honestly don't know why I'm even still playing this game. it's obvious this company is a fraud and does not plan for you to do well in the game without spending real money. Why else would so many glitches not be fixed, there be certain weapons you can't buy or upgrade with regular game money,  or all the upgrades to weapons cost so much more than you ever win in the game?