Options

Restricted by weapons kills the experience

DestinofFLDestinofFL Registered Users 2 Posts
I've played older DH games and this 'problem' didn't bother me as much as it does now. I'm only in season 4 and the trend of regions being limited based on the gun is killing the experience.

What I mean is this. In region 1, I can kill a bear with the rifle there. I go through a new rifle purchase, upgrade that gun, move to region 3; need a new, more powerful gun....then upgrade that gun in order to kill a turkey?

region 4 has elephants and junk, i get it; you need a stout gun. So, why are region 18+ Weapons equipped with power ratings in the 100K+ range? So I need a gun that's 1,000 times more powerful than a gun good enough for a bear, giraffe, lion, or elephant? Get out of here.

I think it'd be more playable/realistic to just buy hunting tags for the hunts while having reasonable weapon upgrades (some locked until higher levels). Something like: Need to shoot this specific deer to clear a level, that tag is $20,000. Not 'we know you just killed a bear...but you need to upgrade your power 3x's and improve stability 2x" for this badger"

Just my 2¢

Destin

Comments

• Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Makes sense.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Makes sense. Except their goal is to get you to do endless contracts for HB's for each regions rifle or pay real money to beat each region by buying gold. Your choice.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    They can still make you do contract hunts or use gold to "buy a pass" to the next region or event or whatever. The number of weapons in my ars-enal is phenomenally large and it takes a huge amount of time to upgrade or redownload with every update plus it increases game size. But such has been the ethos. They need a change in vision.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Yep. I got a recent IOS update to 10.3. The game went from 3.5 GB used to 2.35 GB. I was able to reinstall many apps because of the update. Glu is becoming a joke, much like the 2016 presidential election.
  • Options
    DestinofFLDestinofFL Registered Users 2 Posts
    There's gotta be a way to still get both goals done. I'm done playing. Region 4 was as much as I could take. The 3rd hunt is to heart shot an elephant. Okay, got it. The next (last hunt for the region) is a lion. My rifle had a 280 power rating, and it needs to be 306 for the lion. I just bought ammo for just over $10,000 to bring my power to 287. The next bump is another $14,000 to get me to 295. Not to mention it's going to take 3 or 4 purchases for stability and 2 to 3 for zoom. So, the same gun that was capable of killing an elephant with a heart shot needs $30,000-$45,000 in power and stability mods to kill a lion? People hunt lions with a .223 or .308 and elephants with a .338, .5, or 30-37. A gun capable of killing an elephant through the heart will blow a lion in two.

Just kills the game because of how dumb it is. So what, keep playing and eventually need a gun with 150,000 power to kill a beaver? I'd rather just buy a lion tag for $30,000 or whatever. At least that would make sense.
  • Options
    brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    :cool:
    Normal sense. The problem is that this is a game with their rules. All player shall follow the rules unless quit. Look at other games or one may made their own.
    Bwwaaah..i have restart again.
    Have a nice day hunters.
    Cheers.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet