Customer support

I just want to recognize how much better the communication is between players and the moderators in both dh14 and dh16..... the negativity I Express about dh16 is directed at the project manager level or higher... whoever made the decisions concerning the framework of the game really screwed the pooch and if major changes are not made this game may not last as long as Dino hunter, but the bright side is it really seems that the guys in the trenches trying to deal with the bugs and communications with players are trying to make this thing work in spite of itself..... two thumbs up to these guys
:mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
Android Samsung Galaxy S4

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Really? I mean really...you r not joking right?
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    Really? I mean really...you r not joking right?

No I'm not joking at all... We never deal with the real people who are responsible for dh2016 being the cluster which was released... That decision was made by some moron way up the food chain from where we deal with on a daily basis... I'm not giving thumbs up to the game itself I think it stinks but I have been on here a long time and I have noticed a 10-fold improvement of interaction between moderators and players over the last month or so... at least now you will get a message here stating that a fix is on the way for a reported glitch or an announcement of about future improvement..... that rarely if ever occurred before... the guys we interact with, if they are even employed by Glu,have no ability to make major game direction changes such as pricing or animation framework... those decisions are made by suits way up the food chain and they only understand one thing... Profits... That's why it is so important for no one to spend a penny on this game until their attention is garnered... All I was saying is to the guy who says yes we heard you tell us the register limits on hunter bucks is being reached and we're preparing a fix or etc. Thumbs up to them... thumbs up to the guys who read our post and respond back instead of us having the feeling that by making these post we!re just ****ing in the wind and no one's even reading them or cares... that's all I'm saying
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    I know you cannot be speaking of customer care. I opened a ticket on 21 September which I updated daily for weeks in addition to posting here in the forums. On 3 October I finally got a response and it was only to ask me the email address associated with my account. I gave it to them and have not heard back.

I have not had anymore luck with the forum moderators. They seem just as clueless and unattentive http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?179270-Deer-Hunter-2016-didnt-receive-gold-after-purchase-from-72-hours-ago).
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I somewhat agree. I am glad at least someone is monitoring the boards and providing some feedback. That said, it is apparent that a completely different studio did this one (Russia, China, India - my guess is China after the Tencent investment) so the actual ability to change things is somewhat limited.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    guitsteel wrote: »
    I know you cannot be speaking of customer care. I opened a ticket on 21 September which I updated daily for weeks in addition to posting here in the forums. On 3 October I finally got a response and it was only to ask me the email address associated with my account. I gave it to them and have not heard back.

I have not had anymore luck with the forum moderators. They seem just as clueless and unattentive http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?179270-Deer-Hunter-2016-didnt-receive-gold-after-purchase-from-72-hours-ago).

Customer care seems to be done in India, judging by the job openings. This company is too f-ing fragmented to actually be able to be managed properly.

Rant following....

Mr. de Masi, you have successfully built an entirely dysfunctional organization. Your core customer group (North America by your own metrics) are serviced by an entity in India, which has no motivation to solve your problems. I bought a bunch of stock in Glu a while back when I started playing DH 2014. I figured that a company that can build an app this well deserves investment. Sadly, I felt that Glu had lost the core of what it was good at and, after the launch of Dino Hunter, my suspicions were confirmed.

I sold my stock.

You have been showing the same quarterly slides to analysts for the past 2 years. Yes, they are bored also. Yes, I watch them.

Your APAC people are so incompetent that, when you actually sell the random advertisement, it crashes the system because of non-existent quality control. Yes, I know you have a guy in Korea. Fire him. He is worthless. Yes I know you sold 25% of the company to Tencent. China software developers are 10 years behind. They are used to making the same comic games that are copies of every other leading game (watch the ads, it is the same sword twirling **** that has been going on since 2005). You want to rely on China innovation? good luck. This probably is why DH 2016 is such a disaster. You can't even sell ads in the world's largest gaming market.

So you had a hit with KKH. How is the Katy Perry game coming? how about the Jenner twins? How about Britney Spears? You see, it takes more than counting Twitter followers to make a successful game.

My advice? I'm just a douchebag gamer, but also, in my spare time, run a multi-million $ machinery company in China, soon to go public. Close your offshore studios, consolidate your development and customer service and start making and supporting games that people want to play.

Just my opinion.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    I doff my hat casajr. Very nice post
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Direct and on point, love it casajr!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Right on, casajr!

Ready to laugh? I finally got a response to the customer care ticket I opened 21 September :

"Can you please attach a screenshot of the problem?"

Seriously? How do you take a screenshot of missing gold? And even if I did take screenshot of my gold tally every time I logged out and logged in, what value would it have to them?
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    Ready to laugh? I finally got a response to the customer care ticket I opened 21 September :

"Can you please attach a screenshot of the problem?"

Seriously? How do you take a screenshot of missing gold? And even if I did take screenshot of my gold tally every time I logged out and logged in, what value would it have to them?

That is their standard answer. Pathetic customer service. Why do we keep playing their games?
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    Screenshot... sounds like Fyber...they too want screenshots...perhaps the same customer care personnel?. I better start videoing myself as I get disconnected...