Options

Whale Shark UNKILLABLE

I've seen that magnificent beast only once out of over hundreds of trips. It's a swimming out in the open sea very far away, and it's huge.

The thing is, I have a maxed out speargun and given its size, I don't think I could miss, but the speargun does nothing to it. Spend all the time just shooting it instead of any others but no use, no health bar or anything.

I have a fully upgraded elite suit if it means anything. Is it only an elite chain gun works on it? The same thing happened with Manta rays though I could miss given their slender body.

And btw, what is the/your rarest encounter? And the one with the highest payout. IIRC, I saw a Hammerhead Shark giving 350 bucks or so.

Comments

• Options
    LaluLalu Registered Users 34 Posts
    Yeah I can't kill the whale shark or manta ray. I had some good shots on the manta ray and confirmed he's unkillable. At least I'm region 1, in which I am trapped. I can't proceed because of my suit but I keep fishing. Apparently shark attacks don't happen here. I've killed (too easily) hammerheads, blue sharks, grey reef sharks, and great white sharks. But the manta ray is a ghost.
  • Options
    JomamaangiedaddyJomamaangiedaddy Registered Users 1 Posts
    Think that's more of a not spouse to shoot anyways type thing lol
  • Options
    EpicFisherEpicFisher Registered Users 6 Posts
    Predator hunt is amazing. Quite a challenge esp after 5 stars where every hunt has 3 sharks. Great White Shark was a beast, it takes 5 hits to kill compared to the usual 2 to 3 for other sharks, and it's really very fast, occasionally killing before I can reload my gun.

Ok, Of my thousand over fishing trips up, these are the unkillable ghosts:
    Whale Shark
    Manta Ray
    Dugong
    Turtle (At least 2 diff species)