Options

Spearfishing Sharks for Platinum Eagles… so.many.sharks

newcombnknewcombnk Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Seems that as I passed region 12, the coin reward became vastly reduced, and the gun upgrades exceeded what is earned from target fish.  I had promoted my dogs, bought a few bows, and made upgrades occasionally for unnecessary convenience, like zoom, thinking the coins were not so limited.  Not so.  I went from 20k to zero, in two regions, not spending any more elsewhere.  Ouch.

As there are no events, I am stuck obtaining coins by shooting sharks.  It takes me about 15-20 minutes to use one suit and kill 45 sharks, averaging about 500 coins.  I have made it through the dearth, have reached region 17, and coins are up a little bit.  But this tactic will remain critical, as there are not many levels left. 

It’s nickels and dimes, but it builds up.  It’s kinda how I maintain my gold, as well.  

Some very important advice…

Dive in, kill the sharks, hit the pause button in the upper left corner, press emerge.  You do not need to remain under or catch the fish limit to receive the success reward, really only one creature needs to die for that.  Targeting only high point sharks won’t help, 80% of the sharks will be low points.  Kill them all.  

Do the same for purple tickets with any suit, predator suits give you twice the bucks, if there is no need to earn coins, as day or night.  Kill a fish before the sharks notice.  Shoot one fish, it earns the success reward which is worth more than whatever fish, just pick one that won’t be missed.  Get 75 ticket points in five minutes with 15 dives.   

Good grief, consider that it is expected to need to spin around 140 spins at 15 tickets per spin, that’s over 2000 tickets, or 400+ dives to build to one fully upgraded suit.  There are three of them at a time, and the unowned others that siphon suit parts away to oblivion.  Figure 7-8000 purple tickets for suit upgrades for the three suits combined, over three regions.  I wish my math were wrong.  That’s a lot of purple tickets.  

The pause and emerge option shall spare the player much time, and hopefully a way around being stuck and defeated by the game.  

Once at the higher levels, past region 11, one can also gain a million bucks quickly…70000 buck success reward in 20 seconds, repeated 15x in five minutes.  Shotgun contract style of the sea.

“You’ve caught ‘em all!  
Continue fishing to raise more funds”

The game expects it, it seems.