Options

New Region

When does Region 4 come out

Comments

• Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    ebaurer wrote: »
    When does Region 4 come out

Maybe this week, Thursday, or Friday. Who really knows?
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Tanzania apparently...
  • Options
    nicoga3000nicoga3000 Registered Users 18 Posts
    Hopefully soon! I have the event AR (R1-R5) fully upgraded and ready to go. Level 15 with 76k HB prepared to get a new Rifle and upgrade it. Also have 35 energy in reserve. I have 2.6k gold available, too...Buuut I'm saving that for the next event.

Can't wait!
  • Options
    nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    nicoga3000 wrote: »
    Hopefully soon! I have the event AR (R1-R5) fully upgraded and ready to go. Level 15 with 76k HB prepared to get a new Rifle and upgrade it. Also have 35 energy in reserve. I have 2.6k gold available, too...Buuut I'm saving that for the next event.

Can't wait!

You obviously bought gold and paid for an inferior product... You are part of the problem... if we all band together and refuse to pay they will improve it and lower their insane prices... If you cater to their greed nothing will get better
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Options
    nicoga3000nicoga3000 Registered Users 18 Posts
    nuggets911 wrote: »
    You obviously bought gold and paid for an inferior product... You are part of the problem... if we all band together and refuse to pay they will improve it and lower their insane prices... If you cater to their greed nothing will get better

Part of the problem? I am enjoying the game and have had no issues with it thus far. I can afford to spend money on things like this, so I opted to give them some cash to show my support.

The game is what, 2 weeks old? New content will come. The real problem is DH 2014 vets expect 20+ regions, hidden regions, special hints, etc out of the box. That's just not feasible. I think that some tweaking on cost and features is in order, but the game is very playable and enjoyable (obviously personal preference) out of the gate.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Region 4 will be out soon!
  • Options
    G_BEESG_BEES Registered Users 83 Posts
    Something to consider about saving energy. If you don't fall below 10 units you will never have your energy refilled for closing down the game for an hour or so Your only additional energy will come from levelling up, 5 free gold 3 specific periods a day, or from available videos. Same situation if you power up past 10 by using gold.
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Roone wrote: »
    Region 4 will be out soon!

Roone, thanks for the answer. It's nice to know that you guys at GLU are here watching our posts.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    The real problem is DH 2014 vets expect 20+ regions, hidden regions, special hints, etc out of the box.

No we don't.

Most of us DH2014 vets who have been with the game long enough to remember the launch of Dino Hunter, and some of us have even been around since either the start of DH2014 or shortly thereafter and know that this is a typical launch in terms of number of regions, content, etc. We are good with that and did not expect 20+ regions at launch.

We are usually even OK with the idea of gold-only weapons and events as long as you can complete basic gameplay for free, and as long as there is reasonable opportunity to earn gold instead of paying astronomical sums for it.

We are not OK with:
    a) What we see as an inferior product (Does anyone think those actually look like wolverines in the R3 shotgun contracts?)
    b) Already astronomical weapon prices out of the gate that preclude the contract hunts that have been part of basic gameplay in previous games.
    c) Gold weapons that will become quickly unaffordable. Looking at the rifles and ARs for each region to date, and applying a linear trend factor, I get prices of 750 to 800 gold per weapon by region 10 with no apparent "one time offers" to buy at reduced prices. Are you willing to pay that each and every region? I am not. This is admittedly hard to predict based on three regions to date, but it is concerning so far
    c) Coming to market with glitches. I continue to get connection errors several times per day and am rarely able to complete a full set of 10 energy without encountering one or more connection errors. Sometimes, i get credit for the hunt when the connection error happens, but not always. Sometimes, I lose the energy, but do not get rewarded for the hunt. Hardly worth creating a ticket four or five times a day for $850 contract hunts, but still.
    d) the same contract hunts over and over ad nauseum. Sure... they were repetitive in DH2014, but nothing like they are proving to be here in DH2016.

Keep in mind also that the long time DH2014 players have seen this pricing strategy evolve through DH2014. We also saw it consume Dino Hunter in Region 8 and basically kill the game.

There are some elements of DH2016 that I like, and I continue to officially reserve judgement on this game. Right now, however, I do not think that I will stick with this one as long as I did DH2014.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    Keep in mind also that the long time DH2014 players have seen this pricing strategy evolve through DH2014. We also saw it consume Dino Hunter in Region 8 and basically kill the game.

nothing to add.
  • Options
    Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    Part of the problem? I am enjoying the game and have had no issues with it thus far. I can afford to spend money on things like this, so I opted to give them some cash to show my support.

The game is what, 2 weeks old? New content will come. The real problem is DH 2014 vets expect 20+ regions, hidden regions, special hints, etc out of the box. That's just not feasible. I think that some tweaking on cost and features is in order, but the game is very playable and enjoyable (obviously personal preference) out of the gate.

Yes, you are part of the problem! Obviously what you do with your money is up to you but if you reward anyone for putting out an inferior product then they have no reason to make that product better. Glu will never go to the trouble of making 2016 better if people pay for it the way it is now.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • Options
    SubH2O wrote: »
    No we don't.

Most of us DH2014 vets who have been with the game long enough to remember the launch of Dino Hunter, and some of us have even been around since either the start of DH2014 or shortly thereafter and know that this is a typical launch in terms of number of regions, content, etc. We are good with that and did not expect 20+ regions at launch.

We are usually even OK with the idea of gold-only weapons and events as long as you can complete basic gameplay for free, and as long as there is reasonable opportunity to earn gold instead of paying astronomical sums for it.

We are not OK with:
    a) What we see as an inferior product (Does anyone think those actually look like wolverines in the R3 shotgun contracts?)
    b) Already astronomical weapon prices out of the gate that preclude the contract hunts that have been part of basic gameplay in previous games.
    c) Gold weapons that will become quickly unaffordable. Looking at the rifles and ARs for each region to date, and applying a linear trend factor, I get prices of 750 to 800 gold per weapon by region 10 with no apparent "one time offers" to buy at reduced prices. Are you willing to pay that each and every region? I am not. This is admittedly hard to predict based on three regions to date, but it is concerning so far
    c) Coming to market with glitches. I continue to get connection errors several times per day and am rarely able to complete a full set of 10 energy without encountering one or more connection errors. Sometimes, i get credit for the hunt when the connection error happens, but not always. Sometimes, I lose the energy, but do not get rewarded for the hunt. Hardly worth creating a ticket four or five times a day for $850 contract hunts, but still.
    d) the same contract hunts over and over ad nauseum. Sure... they were repetitive in DH2014, but nothing like they are proving to be here in DH2016.

There are some elements of DH2016 that I like, and I continue to officially reserve judgement on this game. Right now, however, I do not think that I will stick with this one as long as I did DH2014.

Excellent post !! You are nobody's dummy nor are you ill informed... You get it!
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
  • Options
    Yes, you are part of the problem! Obviously what you do with your money is up to you but if you reward anyone for putting out an inferior product then they have no reason to make that product better. Glu will never go to the trouble of making 2016 better if people pay for it the way it is now.

Exactly the point I was trying to make... You get it!
  • Options
    Jenna BeckJenna Beck Registered Users 35 Posts
    Very good point.. and I agree. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!!
    *Jenna*