what is your...

...estimate, how much dough will we need for the r4 bolt action plus standard shotgun (for EVEN MORE contracts) including full upgrades?

400-500k?

doing QUITE SOME contracts currently and running close to a 100k right now. would feel comfortable just to be like half-way prepared for r4. (i'm done with r3 and mythic stag but not spending real $$$ for preposterously priced event or other guns!)

what do you guys think, 4 or 5 hundred k should be getting us somewhere in r4? sub, casy, samer, tf?

and, well, you all know: it's all about grinding, grinding, grinding...

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Hey beerhunter...good to hear from u. Not very impressed with 2016. Done the three regions. Not gonna spend money on AR or nature fury events. Preposetrously expensive as u said. I am not a fan of contract hunts either. I prefer waiting for a new region. Well, I enjoyed the shared Glu wallet but it is the end of it. I can tokerate a premium version where I could pay sone 20 bucks and have a full game rather than payung hundreds of dollars for virtual weapons. Uninstalled terminator genisys, frontline commando, dino, and soon DH 2014. I am done with Glu
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Hi Beerhunter, long time since I've seen you post.

I would think 200K should be plenty for R4. I'm finishing R3 with a goal of 50K, but I do interim contracts to keep my balances the same after upgrades. If they follow the patterns of DH 2014, weapon price increases by about 1/3 every region.

Samer, going to miss your input if you decide to bail.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    If you add up all of the event guns needed for the nature's fury event you could buy a couple of triple A ps4 games that you could play over and over. Not so with the guns needed for this event, you can't use them for anything else. Total bull $hit, what is this company thinking? They have lost their minds.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    Not leaving casajr (yet). Will play 2014 till the end :)
    As for 2016 I will stop at 50 k until region 4 comes out because I detest contract hunts
    Good to have the oldies posting...beerhunter, todfoxx, casajr. ..
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I have 250k right now for r4 and will continue accruing.
    Guessing a new region is still a week or more away, so should have about 400k by then.
    Will be ultra familiar with those bears, polecats, mountain goats and weird looking wolverines by then. Already bored by them...

Also think its cool to see all the familiar names...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Just started playing DH2016 a few days ago. I forgot how time consuming it is to build up your gold and cash. Still working on completing region 3. Hoping to build up a little cash before region 4 comes out.

Nice to see some names I recognize from DH2014.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    great to see all you guys (are still) around and thank you for your feedback!

despite some bugs and drawbacks in comparison to dh14 for me dh16 isn't as
    'dead' as many out here state; same as a few others for the time being i prefer
    to 'reserve the right to hold back my final opinion' until we see some more.

actually, with roone being around frequently in the last time i feel that glu
    'cares' about us a bit more again than it might have been the case at times
    in the past. glu has proven to be able to listen carefully and in fact incorporate
    features/animals etc. into the gameplay ALMOST EXACTLY the way we had
    asked for as sub resumed nicely in this very interesting thread:
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?173085-Some-thoughts-from-a-non-2014-player

but, yeah, me too: i already know some of the bears and goats by their first
    name... from a few of them i even know where they live; third tree to the left,
    you know what i'm talking about... just recently a few of the wolverines invited
    me over for a coffee...

the wallet not being 'shared' anymore is certainly an evil thing for us androiders;
    not having gold ad infinitum makes me feel so second class ;-)
    i guess this is also the reason why one can't play offline anymore; well possible
    we 'shot us in our foot' with this.

personally, i think we could see one or two more regions in dh14. there might be
    something like a final 'big bang region' to close up the game... 25 would make a
    fine figure for that...

roone said in another thread that we're about to see r4 come up soon; presumably
    next week. so i'll also just keep on piling hunterbucks and hope to have maybe
    200-250k by the time r4 shows up.

and as to you, samer: sure, you might choose to stop playing dh14 and/or 16.
    but clearly it is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN for old time vet hunters to desert the forum
    without official permission of all the members of the board... ;-)

speaking of veterans absent without permission, what ever happened to menipo
    and dj...?
    At your noble behest beerhunter I shall postpone my desertion of the forum. Good to see Sheppeck posting as well. No word from Menipo or DJRadnad...
    Happy hunting fellas. I guess I'll go make up those bucks to 100 k.
    beerhunter wrote: »
    great to see all you guys (are still) around and thank you for your feedback!
    roone said in another thread that we're about to see r4 come up soon; presumably
    next week.

I'd be a bit surprised if it was out as soon as next week...

Glu can be a lot of things, good and bad, but they do tend to be creatures of habit...

I just took a look through the early threads in DH2014 and Dino Hunter. Both look to have had early new regions coming out about every three weeks before settling into a more or less monthly pattern. For example, Dino Hunter launched July 1, 2014 and had its first new region out in an update on July 22.

With this game going live Sept 15, I would have guessed sometime the first week of October-- not quite next week, but still pretty soon... Let's call it in the next week or two... I'd expect a pop-up next week!
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    I'd be a bit surprised if it was out as soon as next week...

Glu can be a lot of things, good and bad, but they do tend to be creatures of habit...

I just took a look through the early threads in DH2014 and Dino Hunter. Both look to have had early new regions coming out about every three weeks before settling into a more or less monthly pattern. For example, Dino Hunter launched July 1, 2014 and had its first new region out in an update on July 22.

With this game going live Sept 15, I would have guessed sometime the first week of October-- not quite next week, but still pretty soon... Let's call it in the next week or two... I'd expect a pop-up next week!
    There was already a pop up a few days ago for Region 4... Tanzania.
    There was already a pop up a few days ago for Region 4... Tanzania.

I missed that. Thanks!
    Might be next week after all.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    SubH2O wrote: »
    I missed that. Thanks!
    Might be next week after all.

I am going to say based on what admin said in previous post it will be more than likely tomorrow.
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
    over here
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?173726-New-Region
    Roone wrote: »
    Region 4 will be out soon!

whatever 'soon' means...?

didn't get the tanzania pop-up either... does anyone have a screenshot? (deeno?)
    ...just leaning back and having a second thought;

alaska - texas - colorado - ...tanzania?

or are you just pulling our leg, deeno? ;-)

remember the times when I MYSELF used to spread the word that there were underwater hunts with harpoons etc. coming up...?
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Still waiting for Australia even after all of these years.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.

remember the times when I MYSELF used to spread the word that there were underwater hunts with harpoons etc. coming up...?

Nope I'm being truthful. I didn't take a screenshot but I wish I had. There are other posts mentioning Tanzania. Somebody must have taken a screenshot. It came out on Monday I believe. I'm on iOS.
    casajr wrote: »
    Still waiting for Australia even after all of these years.

Ditto. Where is ozland?
    Nope I'm being truthful. I didn't take a screenshot but I wish I had. There are other posts mentioning Tanzania. Somebody must have taken a screenshot. It came out on Monday I believe. I'm on iOS.

Would not be surprised by Tanzania. Dh 2014: first three regions in North America and then it went global. ..

Oh beerhunter. I remember the underwater region ;) the good days of yore
    Region 4 is now available on iOS!!
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    Would not be surprised by Tanzania. Dh 2014: first three regions in North America and then it went global. ..

Second region was actually North Africa in DH14. I remember because it always felt like I was the only one who preferred the African hunts to the American ones. Although, just like everyone else I'm still waiting for Australia. And the Amazon rainforest.
    Jgoberyn wrote: »
    Second region was actually North Africa in DH14. I remember because it always felt like I was the only one who preferred the African hunts to the American ones. Although, just like everyone else I'm still waiting for Australia. And the Amazon rainforest.

Good memory, and absolutely correct! (I had to go back and look though)
    I also liked the African regions.
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • G_BEESG_BEES Registered Users 83 Posts
    I just bought the rifle and shotgun for a total of about 45k HB, I think
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Ditto. Where is ozland?

Roone shakes his magic 8 ball. Outlook good.
  • deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    Stalk in highlands next on wish list