Options

Sniper upgrade!! Please help!!

I just bought Patriot SA-16 BigHorn!! It looks AWESOME! And it a very strong weapon! But I all ready have all the sniper missions compete.. Does anyone know a way that I can still upgrade my sniper to max? Because Since I have all the missions complete I can't find a way to upgrade my sniper :( and I have over $300k saved up to upgrade it.

Please try to help me!! I hope I didn't just spend the $10.00 and end up not even being able to upgrade it...

Comments

• Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    As a general rule, it is a bad idea to buy a new rifle for a region that you have already completed. There just won't be any use for it.

You are saved (a bit) this time because it is a multi region rifle. Wait for Region 4 to be released, and you should be good to go. Still, you have spent real money for a weapon intended to to a job that you have already 50% completed. That just reduces the value that you will end up getting from the gun.

Also note that based on DH2104 experience, "regioning up" with respect to any weapon is usually not a good idea. Upgrades are more expensive and you end up wasting a ton of time on extra contract hunts or spending crazy extra money on the required upgrades. You won't have to spend as much on power, but stability, infrared, scope, etc. all have to be upgraded. The basic weapons for your specific region are always easiest/cheapest to upgrade.

Basic gold-only guns for a specific region can make life a bit easier, but (for example) buying a Region 4 gun for Region 2 or Region 3 is usually a bad idea.

And the "look" of a gun is irrelevant (i.e. "It looks AWESOME!"). "Boring" looking guns for any region are almost always cheaper and will still get the job done.

At this stage of the game, there is precious little reason to waste real money on anything but the basic weapons. You could have saved yourself $10 by coming here and asking if you should buy it first. I suspect that 100% of us would have said "No!" for your scenario.

Myself, I made it through DH2014 and Dino Hunter playing for free. I have no intention of doing anything different here. I have about the same number of HBs (300K) as you, but plan to save it for upgrades to the most basic weapons that I need. You will definitely need the HBs later.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    G_BEESG_BEES Registered Users 83 Posts
    You can only upgrade as part of an actual hunt, one that requires the weapon you want to upgrade. Region 4 just came out for iOS so we have 40 new rifle hunts available. Your issues are just another example of the sub-par game GLU has now released as DH16