Region 4 Tanzania out on iOS

It costs roughly $225,000 HBs to buy and fully upgrade the basic rifle and shotgun.

Comments

• SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Not here on Android yet, but good to know both that it is at hand and that I saved enough!
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    ...have something over 200k now, but r4 hasn't arrived on droid yet... hopefully soon... -- no change to ar contracts i suppose? gold prices still ridiculous/unaffordable i guess?
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...have something over 200k now, but r4 hasn't arrived on droid yet... hopefully soon... -- no change to ar contracts i suppose? gold prices still ridiculous/unaffordable i guess?
    AR costs 625 gold, beerhunter.
    got slightly over 500 gold; 625 is out of reach for me... missing the shared wallet...
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    It is also out on Android! Be sure to update DH16 on Android to 1.0.2 to see it!
    ...yes, went to play store and got the update, region 4 is here!

buying and upgrading both the bolt action rifle (grantham revolution) and the standard shotgun (grantham caldera) my 200k of hunterbucks melted away like ice in the sun...
  • pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Hunt 39/40 is virtually impossible. Kill 3 lions with a lung shot, but as soon as you fire a shot that isn't a clean lung shot kill the hunt fails immediately. Also, all the lions start running as soon as the first shot is fired, so you have to fire while they're moving, but one miss and it's hunt over.
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Hunt 39/40 is virtually impossible. Kill 3 lions with a lung shot, but as soon as you fire a shot that isn't a clean lung shot kill the hunt fails immediately. Also, all the lions start running as soon as the first shot is fired, so you have to fire while they're moving, but one miss and it's hunt over.

Thanks for calling this out Pistoff! We're looking into this mission.
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts

You are correct but it can be done. Take out the first lion with a lung shot as always, then wait for the others to charge you and hit the lung shots when they are right in your face. The last one (40/40) is cake, kill three elephants, takes two shots each but you can hit them anywhere and nobody is going to miss an elephant :).
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
    Good tip on waiting until they're up close, I'll give it a shot! ;)
    Good tip on waiting until they're up close, I'll give it a shot! ;)

Nice thing about predators is that they will come to you, good luck!
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I'll give it a shot! ;)

No pun intended, I'm sure...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
    Still took around 6 or 7 goes, mostly getting head and neck shots on the third lion, but got there in the end. Also got another surprise when one elephant did a runner on the last hunt while I was picking off the kudu!
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Got it this morning on Mrs. Thai’s Android device. I have been using most current rifle in lieu of new shotgun. R1 shotty still works on the small critters.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    Nice thing about predators is that they will come to you, good luck!

the black bears were straight eating buckshot
    I thought 1 shot to the face would drop em..
    the black bears were straight eating buckshot
    I thought 1 shot to the face would drop em..

Yea......the bears take two no matter where you hit them, another difference from 2014. Also when you get there elephants and rhinos seem to me to always take two, maybe I am off on my shots a bit.
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Try hitting heart or lung

One shot - one kill

Otherwise double tap required

Chris
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Heart shot on elephant

One shot -one kill

Chris
    Heart shot on elephant

One shot -one kill

Chris

Good to know, when a head shot did not work I assumed nothing would with one shot, my bad.
    Anyone seeing green tusks as the hunt ends?
    ...pist, what hunt was that?
    not contracts?
    green, GREEN... tusk?
    beerhunter wrote: »
    ...pist, what hunt was that?
    not contracts?
    green, GREEN... tusk?

R4 AR elephant hunt. Sometimes when you get the final slo mo shot some animals walk into the scene, but sped up, so you get slo mo bullet and victim with super fast surrounding animals. When that happens on the elephant hunt the speedy ones have green tusks!
    ok, didn't know since i don't have an ar yet. might get one in region 5.
    Wish the prices would come down so I could afford an AR, spent all my gold on the semi-auto rifle. The first three regions got me sick of the bolt action in a hurry. Haven't used a bolt action in 2014 since Region 6.