Options

DH16 Quick Tips

Some quick tips others may find useful when progressing through this game. It’s very possible to make it through at least these first 4 regions without spending real money; there will just be times where you need to play hunts over and over again simply to build hunter bucks.

- Use your hunter bucks wisely; don’t buy unnecessary weapons or upgrades. Buy the regional rifles when needed and max out what you need (power, stability, zoom) to get to the next region. As for capacity I just upgrade it once to get a capacity of 3, which I think is a good compromise between having an extra shot and the extra time it takes to reload. You don’t want to be stuck reloading your 6 shot magazine when there’s a lion about to jump on you.

- As for shotguns, I got by using just the region 1 and 3 shotguns. As for the region 4 shot gun series, start the hunt then switch over to your rifle. Unless your hit them in their leg or something, all the animals go down in 1 shot.

- The only AR’s or Bows I got were the free ones in the Nature’s Fury series. That AR can be used in the region 1 AR contract. If I somehow build up enough gold I’ll tackle other Nature’s Fury or AR hunts, but it’s not a priority.

- I didn’t have a need to upgrade infrared, just use it wisely. Say you need to take down 2 animals with lung shots: find a couple animals close to each other with no close by obstacles, zoom in on the first one, wait for it to stop moving, turn on infrared and fire, when the weapons bolt is being cycled move over to the next animal, when ready to fire again infrared will turn back on with the animal standing still, aim for the lungs and fire. If taking down 3+ animals, by the time you finish off the first 2 the other animals will already be running and extra infrared time wouldn’t be to helpful anyway. You’ll learn where the lungs are on each animals, just aim there and shoot.

- Earning extra energy and gold. I don’t have any great tips, when it offered to show me a video I watched it. I used that gold buy extra energy, the x25 for 100 gold if I had that much, but normally just the x10 for 50. Normally watching videos earns 5-9 gold, but I did click on one of the ads and downloaded the game and I’m pretty sure it gave me 25 gold or so. I can’t confirm if clicking on ads/following through earns extra gold but it’s something to look into.

Anyone else have some tips or feedback on mine?

Comments

• Options
    deer sleigherdeer sleigher Registered Users 317 Posts
    All solid advice changing out weapons in contracts also makes them more challenging and less of a grind could do with pistols been added just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Cardshark79Cardshark79 Registered Users 4 Posts
    How do I finish the contract hunts? Have finished rifle hunts regions 1-4; finished trophy hunts regions 1-4; HAVE played shotgun & AR contact hunts regions 1-4 about 100 times EACH & have not closed a single one. Also what's the deal with the animals with the green horns and tusks??
    1505915c10e7969fe3680f991e2d602ccec1b30b
  • Options
    porkchopsporkchops Registered Users 13 Posts
    Also don't forget making achievement rewards helps with raising XP, like no. of head shots and lung shots...those sort of things. However i have yet to find a list of XP boosting Achievements though. I'm sure a Moderator can point us to achievement list.
  • Options
    DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    You do not close out the contract hunts. They are eternal.