Options

Less gold for videos now?

MDOZMDOZ Registered Users 29 Posts
Just me, or are the videos awarding less gold now in DH16?

Was getting plenty of videos to watch, giving 3, 7, 9, 11 or 25 gold. Now a much lower number of videos available each day, and often one or two for 3 gold and then "no videos available" button.

I had thought that given the feedback in this forum Glu would ramp up the ability to accumulate gold so that we might actually participate in their overpriced events. But that approach would have been fair and reasonable, two words clearly not in the vocabulary of the Glu decision makers.

Comments

• Options
    DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    My gold take was okay yesterday from videos although I seemed to have received a couple more 3's than usual. The frequency of videos seem to be about the same. But the day before I got two 25's in a row. So I'll let it play out a little more before I make judgment.
  • Options
    nicoga3000nicoga3000 Registered Users 18 Posts
    I have seen a drop in high gold videos as well. The past 2 days have been all 3-5g videos (and less than normal opportunities for them).

My favorite thing is when "No Videos Available" shows up and you get a forced ad on the next hunt that rewards you with nothing.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I've noticed the same thing... Used to get one or two worth 25 gold every day. Haven't seen one in a two or three days now. Had some worth 11 gold, but mostly 3s and 5s.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Just got three 5's and one 3, so there does appear to be a lowering payout trend on the videos.
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Yep. Less pay. Less videos. I averaged 80 gold per day the first ten days. Since three days now it has been around 30-40. Also popup videos are causing disconnects and hence the gold count gets diminished upon restarting. Also no one-time-offers or sales on weapons plus all kinds of other negatives. Disappointed already.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I did get one 25 gold video yesterday. But I usually had been getting 2 a day. It makes sense that Glu would cut back on free gold. Their goal is for us to spend more and more real money.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    I'd be willing to throw them more money if they allowed more free gold to be earned. Who wants to spend $30+ every time an event comes plus additional money for an AR. If they make the events too far out of reach then I'll just get turned off and never spend a dime and not do the events at all. For DH2014 I threw in a little here and there but I won't be doing that here if I can't get my free gold.
  • Options
    G_BEESG_BEES Registered Users 83 Posts
    Pretty common gold payouts for me too, but I no longer get any forced videos on my iPhone 6.
  • Options
    Just wondering what other countries (than USA) get a fair amount of videos. I know they would have offers for gold. But anyone outside US getting videos for gold?
  • Options
    Hmmm I just got some videos with better payout. After four 5's and one 3 this morning I received one 6, two 7's, and one 11. Coincidence or is someone perhaps listening? You decide.
  • Options
    Hmmm I just got some videos with better payout. After four 5's and one 3 this morning I received one 6, two 7's, and one 11. Coincidence or is someone perhaps listening? You decide.

Got a couple. The problem is thay when videos play or popup tge game disconnects with google play and game play gets unsaved. So next time I log in the gold earned is gone.
  • Options
    G_BEESG_BEES Registered Users 83 Posts
    Received 2 - 25 gold videos in a row this morning. Did 2 surveys yesterday for 45 and 80 Gold. Got enough gold for a level 5 rifle, but want to see if R5 rifle will be available for HBs. I might then use the gold on the Hallowe'en event. Promises better graphics.
  • Options
    ErabbitErabbit Registered Users 9 Posts
    None at all on my kindle , I have contacted Amazon and Glu. Amazon was no help Glu replys once a week for three weeks now. Still noway to get any free gold other than completing a level.
  • Options
    I got one 25 video today so that's good, but the frequency of videos has plummeted. However, on iOS at least, many of the lower value offers actually pay off so I've been doing a few of them.