Glu has failed once again. And for the last time.

I played DH14. I played DinoHunter. To death. I played DH16. Done with all of them. Done with Glu. For good I think.
I have been a game developer for almost 20 years now and Glu is an embarrassment to the name of game development. All they seem to care about is making money (and making half-assed games and shoving more ads down our throats than TV and internet combined). All the complaints I read here in the forums, in the app store ratings and elsewhere online only serve to highlight this point. All the unanswered emails and customer support claims. The STUPIDLY high real-money cost of anything in any of the games. Sadly, even from a solely profit-oriented POV, getting a few dozen people (at most!) spending $100 can't possibly bring in as much money as thousands (or tens of thousands) spending $5 or $10.
I initially became suspicious of Glu when I learned that DinoHunter was not releasing new content because *gasp!* they were working on Kim Kardashian! O! M! G! What an amazing idea for a game! Let's devote our resources to that! </SARCASM>
DinoHunter was an amazing game initially. Then I grew tired of playing the same 3 repetitive, tedious and boring contract hunts 500 times so I could buy the next required upgrade that was only good for *maybe* 2 hunts before I needed another 500 contract hunts to buy the next upgrade. Then, THEN(!), they took so long to release new content that devoted players had amassed millions of bucks and so they created a whole new currency, made it sound like an exciting new addition to the game and essentially made the old currency worthless. PATHETIC!
Now with DH16, I've never had an app, game or otherwise, crash on me as much as this steaming pile. I've only had it for 2-3 weeks as opposed to some I've had for years. The ridiculous amount of ads upon ads upon ads. Oh God kill me. How many times I've had the game crash when it promises energy or gold for watching an ad. Funny, it only crashes on those ads (never on "freebie" ads) and only *after* the complete ad plays. Without giving me my promised reward. So they get their money for displaying the ad, but I get screwed outta something that costs them nothing. I swear that better not be intentional.
All they need to do is look at other companies that make games with no ads, reasonably priced in-game currency and tons of new content released almost constantly (Brave Frontier is a PRIME example) to see how to make a good game and make a lot of money doing it. I'm uninstalling everything from Glu and never installing something from them again. And encouraging everyone I know to do the same.
Good luck Glu. Maybe you guys will pull your heads outta your asses soon. Then again, maybe not.

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    GMiller wrote: »
    I played DH14. I played DinoHunter. To death. I played DH16. Done with all of them. Done with Glu. For good I think.
    I have been a game developer for almost 20 years now and Glu is an embarrassment to the name of game development. All they seem to care about is making money (and making half-assed games and shoving more ads down our throats than TV and internet combined). All the complaints I read here in the forums, in the app store ratings and elsewhere online only serve to highlight this point. All the unanswered emails and customer support claims. The STUPIDLY high real-money cost of anything in any of the games. Sadly, even from a solely profit-oriented POV, getting a few dozen people (at most!) spending $100 can't possibly bring in as much money as thousands (or tens of thousands) spending $5 or $10.
    I initially became suspicious of Glu when I learned that DinoHunter was not releasing new content because *gasp!* they were working on Kim Kardashian! O! M! G! What an amazing idea for a game! Let's devote our resources to that! </SARCASM>
    DinoHunter was an amazing game initially. Then I grew tired of playing the same 3 repetitive, tedious and boring contract hunts 500 times so I could buy the next required upgrade that was only good for *maybe* 2 hunts before I needed another 500 contract hunts to buy the next upgrade. Then, THEN(!), they took so long to release new content that devoted players had amassed millions of bucks and so they created a whole new currency, made it sound like an exciting new addition to the game and essentially made the old currency worthless. PATHETIC!
    Now with DH16, I've never had an app, game or otherwise, crash on me as much as this steaming pile. I've only had it for 2-3 weeks as opposed to some I've had for years. The ridiculous amount of ads upon ads upon ads. Oh God kill me. How many times I've had the game crash when it promises energy or gold for watching an ad. Funny, it only crashes on those ads (never on "freebie" ads) and only *after* the complete ad plays. Without giving me my promised reward. So they get their money for displaying the ad, but I get screwed outta something that costs them nothing. I swear that better not be intentional.
    All they need to do is look at other companies that make games with no ads, reasonably priced in-game currency and tons of new content released almost constantly (Brave Frontier is a PRIME example) to see how to make a good game and make a lot of money doing it. I'm uninstalling everything from Glu and never installing something from them again. And encouraging everyone I know to do the same.
    Good luck Glu. Maybe you guys will pull your heads outta your asses soon. Then again, maybe not.

Well put mate!
    Too many crashes. Overly overpriced....as a devoted Glu player I am getting sick and tired of the way things are being run. A shame!
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    It is a shame. They had a great game in dh14. Another great game in Dino until they ruined it. They had a chance to hit a home run with dh16 but choose to bunt instead. People pay to see home runs but not bunts.

Either Glu listens to us or this game fails like Dino. Glu's choice.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Surfer02004Surfer02004 Registered Users 10 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    It is a shame. They had a great game in dh14. Another great game in Dino until they ruined it. They had a chance to hit a home run with dh16 but choose to bunt instead. People pay to see home runs but not bunts.

Either Glu listens to us or this game fails like Dino. Glu's choice.

Do you guys really have this much time to complain about a game?? Wow........

We do. Is that an issue?
  • JoemikeJoemike Registered Users 3 Posts
    I tired of having to pay to get better weapons to move on are there about is making money I've played every one of their games and that's all this is about making money
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    We do. Is that an issue?
    :cool::cool::cool:
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • NetwurkNetwurk Registered Users 8 Posts
    Luckily for me, the ads don't work on the Kindle fire. But I feel your pain guys. I had major problems with DH14 eating up gold, hundreds of it with zero support from glu
    Joemike wrote: »
    I tired of having to pay to get better weapons to move on are there about is making money I've played every one of their games and that's all this is about making money

It's called Capitalism??? Jeez you people are dumb
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    It's called Capitalism??? Jeez you people are dumb

People here including you surf.
    Cheers.:cool::cool::cool:
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
    Looks like we have a 16 year old troll.

Call the whambulance please........ You are crying over a cell phone game.
    This is a free forum surfer. Complaining is a primary activity for many of us especially when it is done in the hope for improving the game and voicing concern to Glu. I admire your cool attitude and I hope it does not mask any derogatory feelings.
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts

Do you really have this much time to complain about folks "complaining" about a game?

Logged out with 621 gold...Logged back in later with 606 gold. Nothing is being saved since GLU removed Fury event and began advertising new event. What a joke of an app and of a development company.
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    DH16 crashed after watching a video for energy at which time I had 635 gold. GLU stole 15 gold and reduced me to 620 gold on restart.

How difficult would it have been to continue local and cloud data comparison in DH16 as DH14 did? Obviously, GLU simply has no interest in supporting it's product or its users. They are in this to only grab as much cash as they can as fast as they can. They have forgotten the creativity and the support that earned their reputation in the past and built their profits.
  • porkchopsporkchops Registered Users 13 Posts
    You guys do know GLU is a business right? Why do so many people these days expect free hand outs? Do some of you just think DH16 just "Poofed" into existence? You can still play for free. Just watch some advertizements is all. Do you guys complain when your watching commercials during your favorite TV show? How do you thing those are paid for?

Quit Complaining.
    I don't mind watching ads and doing surveys (which never pay out because fyber sucks). The problem is that when ads or videos pop out u get disconnected most of the time
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts

Can't be much more spot-on than this.
  • triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    porkchops wrote: »
    You guys do know GLU is a business right? Why do so many people these days expect free hand outs? Do some of you just think DH16 just "Poofed" into existence? You can still play for free. Just watch some advertizements is all. Do you guys complain when your watching commercials during your favorite TV show? How do you thing those are paid for?

Quit Complaining.[/QUOTEI

I don't think many are opposed to paying money to play. It's the insane prices to play just one EVENT that is rediculous. Many have said it before, myself included, and the OP, that GLU would stand to make a lot more money if you paid like $10 to download the game and it unlocked all of the events and drastically cut down the price on Gold weapons.
  • KingGussKingGuss Registered Users 1 Posts
    porkchops wrote: »

Quit Complaining.[/QUOTEI

I don't think many are opposed to paying money to play. It's the insane prices to play just one EVENT that is rediculous. Many have said it before, myself included, and the OP, that GLU would stand to make a lot more money if you paid like $10 to download the game and it unlocked all of the events and drastically cut down the price on Gold weapons.

Price elasticity is probably the last thing anyone on this forum has a good bead on when it comes to this app. I'm inclined to believe mgmt ran some studies to figure out what they think their sweet-spot is price wise. I think it's overpriced but who knows how many others gladly pay their ransom. I can't fault the owners for doing what they think is best for their business or those above complaining.

You see...Complaining here is probably the only way to get noticed because GLU has the worst customer service I've ever seen. That's my issue--Well that and the time in-between new worlds and the lack of depth in each world. 40 levels...REALLY?!

I hope they offer more in the future...
  • Bershio21Bershio21 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This passionate critique of Glu Games echoes the frustration of a long-time game developer and player. The dissatisfaction with Glu's profit-driven approach, lack of responsiveness to player feedback, and the decline in game quality is palpable. The author's call for change, citing examples of successful game models, reflects a universal desire for a more player-centric and engaging tv8 canlı izle gaming experience. A cautionary tale and a plea for improvement, this post highlights the importance of prioritizing player satisfaction over short-term profits in the gaming industry.