The handwriting on the wall... You have been weighed and measured, Glu

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3650506-glu-mobile-gluu-q3-2015-results-earnings-call-webcast

Thought some might find this interesting... Glu now appears to be circling the drain as a takeover target.. the stock has retreated between 50 and 60% just in the last 6 months.... Management should have listened 2 users rather than trusting in their own wisdom... Still not able to put away their delusions as to why their new releases are being poorly received.... blaming poor placing in searches to changes in Google algorithms rather than accepting that the changes in pricing structure and disappointing game quality is the blame... Lots of interesting tidbits to be gleaned from this analysis... Some bad news for Glu workers... No bonuses this year guys... also if you read between the lines it is obvious why the animals appear more cartoonish now... The new head of animation is a Pixar guy... With the talent assembled in upper management and the board there should be no limit for this company... My take is the biggest problem this company has is the CEO
:mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
Android Samsung Galaxy S4

Comments

• nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    Supposedly dh 14 has over 150 million downloads... Here's a suggestion.. you have a well-loved and highly distributed game which is well accepted... turn this into a legacy game... Charge $6 a month for full access... If even 5% of the users who have downloaded this game would join the program it would create over a half a billion dollars of additional revenue.... sounds simple right? Don't forget the kiss theory... Keep it simple, stupid.... especially when you have something that works
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    Interesting stuff. Thanks nuggets. And I love your signatures!
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Looks like they are going for the celebrity/Twitter follows as a metric as to what to do next. In that case, DH is doomed, as I can't think of any celebrity hunters. Does Elmer Fudd have a Twitter account?
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    casajr wrote: »
    Looks like they are going for the celebrity/Twitter follows as a metric as to what to do next. In that case, DH is doomed, as I can't think of any celebrity hunters. Does Elmer Fudd have a Twitter account?

The Motor Cityi Madman Ted Nugent comes to mind immediately... And the Robertsons..they have always been thought of first as duck hunters but their first videos I believe were actually about deer hunting.... there are many in the industry who believe the social media bump will not produce the results on a consistent basis as has happened with the Kardashians
    Interesting stuff. Thanks nuggets. And I love your signatures!

Thanks.... my nickname is The Spoon because I love to stir the pot...
    Ted Nugent would be awesome, I forgot about him (really embarrassed to say). DH with Stranglehold as background music.
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    Ted Nugent would be awesome, I forgot about him. DH with Stranglehold as background music.

July 4th 2008 live. Best version ever>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDA5nHlDrQ
    Drink more beer. :cool:
    Thanks for the clip. Had to switch my VPN to Switzerland to watch it.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Thanks for the clip. Had to switch my VPN to Switzerland to watch it.

Which vpn are u using casajr? I dropped hola last week because it wasn't working well.
    On another note gold vids are becoming a rarity or is it me only?
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
    Astrill. Its been working pretty well for the last 2 years, even in China. They seem to leave the paid VPN's alone. The free ones get blocked almost immediately.

Not much gold for me either.
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    I can watch it from Milan, Italy. Nice one.:cool:
    Screenshot_2015-11-13-18-44-38_zpsm7o3ykrw.png
    Try F-VPN unlimited.
    Cheers.
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I have been using CyberGhost (free version) since the Army took over. Not bad service, a bit slow, but free. I'm going to take a look at F-VPN
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    I have tried at least a dozen.. Finch vpn seems to be the only one to connect to the States despite the strong firewall i have here. You have a 3 gb limit but you can always renew the free subscription with another email
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    I've met Ted Nugent, and video games don't exist in his world. He is all about the outdoors, I happen to agree with many of his views. Great rocker and nice guy.
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
    todfoxx wrote: »
    I've met Ted Nugent, and video games don't exist in his world. He is all about the outdoors, I happen to agree with many of his views. Great rocker and nice guy.

I know he wouldn't do any endorsement but interesting to imagine how the game would shape up if he would be involved. Bow/Rifle seasons, Doe/buck seasons, penalty points for wounding and not killing animals, build tree stands,etc. Possible blood drinking/heart eating rituals, etc.

I guess we're back to Elmer Fudd.