Right Direction Glu

MDOZMDOZ Registered Users 29 Posts
Great updates to the game, will reserve judgement until R5 release. But for now, some good improvements! Next, reduce gold requirements for events or give us more opps for free gold with ads. Well done Glu on the evolvement of DH 16 so far. Gone from outright rubbish to a pretty neat game, just lower the cost of entry now...
Prev1

Comments

• Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    MDOZ wrote: »
    Great updates to the game, will reserve judgement until R5 release. But for now, some good improvements! Next, reduce gold requirements for events or give us more opps for free gold with ads. Well done Glu on the evolvement of DH 16 so far. Gone from outright rubbish to a pretty neat game, just lower the cost of entry now...

That ain't happening soon before they get a quarterly report on the profit they are making. Then perhaps oto's and sales might take place. It is a business...
    Gold ads have dwindled and still thr disconnects occur when they play.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Changing the price for gold would help, say 100 gold for a dollar. That would get more people to play. But I know that would never happen. Bring back the shared wallet!!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts

Sèriously?? Evolving?? You went from making one of the most well thought out outlines of all that is wrong with dh16 in your open letter to Glu to the above dribble... It sounds as if they have kidnapped you and forced you to drink the kool-aid.... I would really like to know how you think the game has evolved in comparison to the items that you listed in your open letter to Glu.... other than a few easy cosmetic updates, with even some of them not consistent throughout the game, I see very little that has changed and the game is still substandard to DH14 in so very many ways and also riddled with reported bugs... Oh well to each his own
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    Gotta agree with nuggets911 on this one. Think I will start calling Deer Hunter 2016 Dino Hunter 2016 lol. I suspect we are going to see DH16 become more like Dino Hunter than DH14.
    guitsteel wrote: »
    Gotta agree with nuggets911 on this one. Think I will start calling Deer Hunter 2016 Dino Hunter 2016 lol. I suspect we are going to see DH16 become more like Dino Hunter than DH14.

Yeah I kind of found it interesting that the developers only listed a total of eight regions in the "look aheads".... maybe they are self professing there will only be 8 full regions in dh16 just like there were in DINO hunter.... and yes before someone jumps on me, I know that there were ten regions in DINO hunter but there were only 8 complete regions.... if the true decision makers do not get there heads out of their bums at Glu I am Not sure if dh16 will even make it 8 regions before dying on the vine
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
  • MDOZMDOZ Registered Users 29 Posts
    Sooo, as per my original thread "I will reserve judgement until region 5" etc

My bad - I thought Glu were listening and making improvements - blood, animations, graphics, more readily available gold (for me anyway, noticeably more payouts for ads on iOS over recent times). Spiders were good, but as pointed out they were copied from DH14. Maybe Glu should copy many more features from 14 to 'evolve' this deformed offspring of its mother version.

Judgement after R5 - still a very pale imitation of its predecessor. I am continuing to play for now, but they have just about lost me.

Events have been ok, but regions and contracts are ****. DH14 still way better (now that it's fixed).

So no Kool-aid drunk nuggets, just thought some (misguided) encouragement was due when I saw some progress to improving the game seemingly in response to player feedback, and connection to players from the moderators - thanks Roone!

Alas, a glimmer of hope that has died after the pile of cr.p served up as R5. I've always been too optimistic!!!

I can't see a way forward for the game now, as it's too late for the complete overhaul required. Unless Glu deploy the soon to be redundant DH14 developers to the Dh16 project? Now there's an idea....you listening Glu!
    Sooo, as per my original thread "I will reserve judgement until region 5" etc

My bad - I thought Glu were listening and making improvements - blood, animations, graphics, more readily available gold (for me anyway, noticeably more payouts for ads on iOS over recent times). Spiders were good, but as pointed out they were copied from DH14. Maybe Glu should copy many more features from 14 to 'evolve' this deformed offspring of its mother version.

Judgement after R5 - still a very pale imitation of its predecessor. I am continuing to play for now, but they have just about lost me.

Events have been ok, but regions and contracts are ****. DH14 still way better (now that it's fixed).

So no Kool-aid drunk nuggets, just thought some (misguided) encouragement was due when I saw some progress to improving the game seemingly in response to player feedback, and connection to players from the moderators - thanks Roone!

Alas, a glimmer of hope that has died after the pile of cr.p served up as R5. I've always been too optimistic!!!

I can't see a way forward for the game now, as it's too late for the complete overhaul required. Unless Glu deploy the soon to be redundant DH14 developers to the Dh16 project? Now there's an idea....you listening Glu!

Glad to hear that you did not Jim Jones it all up with the Kool Aid,MDOZ! I agree with everything you wrote above except for one detail... maybe it is not too late to snuff the life out of this mutated deformed offspring and just bury it in the ground to evermore be forgotten...Coca-Cola did it when they screwed up.... maybe someone way up the food chain will recognize that Dh16 was a mistake... maybe it was wishful thinking on my part but I got a glimmer of hope in seeing that one of the prizes in the DH 14 Halloween event is the weapon for regions 25 and 26.... so there may be life after region 25... I understand the revenues from in-game sales have been extremely disappointing so far for Dh16... that income from ads viewing has exceeded in game sales... Historically ad expenses basically mirrored ad viewing revenues for dh14..... although a guess on my part because I have seen no data confirming I can't help but believe with the massive roll out and marketing blitz dh16 employed, Marketing expenses had to be high and even though as viewing revenues have been greater than in game sales I don't know if they've been high enough to cover the increased marketing expenses.... I think a majority of users would pay some type of flat fee to support D H 14's continuance... There are some good qualities of dh 16 and they could be incorporated... it seems as if Glu attempted to reinvent the wheel while driving a Rolls Royce... I too am glad communication between users and the development crew have seemed to improve lately... I hope that glu wises up just like coke did before it is truly too late
  • SnakeeyesmaSnakeeyesma Registered Users 21 Posts
    nuggets911 wrote: »
    Glad to hear that you did not Jim Jones it all up with the Kool Aid,MDOZ! I agree with everything you wrote above except for one detail... maybe it is not too late to snuff the life out of this mutated deformed offspring and just bury it in the ground to evermore be forgotten...Coca-Cola did it when they screwed up.... maybe someone way up the food chain will recognize that Dh16 was a mistake... maybe it was wishful thinking on my part but I got a glimmer of hope in seeing that one of the prizes in the DH 14 Halloween event is the weapon for regions 25 and 26.... so there may be life after region 25... I understand the revenues from in-game sales have been extremely disappointing so far for Dh16... that income from ads viewing has exceeded in game sales... Historically ad expenses basically mirrored ad viewing revenues for dh14..... although a guess on my part because I have seen no data confirming I can't help but believe with the massive roll out and marketing blitz dh16 employed, Marketing expenses had to be high and even though as viewing revenues have been greater than in game sales I don't know if they've been high enough to cover the increased marketing expenses.... I think a majority of users would pay some type of flat fee to support D H 14's continuance... There are some good qualities of dh 16 and they could be incorporated... it seems as if Glu attempted to reinvent the wheel while driving a Rolls Royce... I too am glad communication between users and the development crew have seemed to improve lately... I hope that glu wises up just like coke did before it is truly too late

You know, just because someone doesn't share your point of view doesn't make them wrong. I enjoy the game, and refuse to be treated like a moron for doing so, especially from someone who uses the term dribble in place of drivel. You don't like it, then don't play, but don't insult those who see a silver lining...or God forbid likes the game as is.
    You know, just because someone doesn't share your point of view doesn't make them wrong. I enjoy the game, and refuse to be treated like a moron for doing so, especially from someone who uses the term dribble in place of drivel. You don't like it, then don't play, but don't insult those who see a silver lining...or God forbid likes the game as is.

Hey you were right about dribble vs drivel... That was my mistake for not proofreading it close enough...unfortunately Auto type has real issues with my deep southern accent... as to treating you like, or implying, you are a moron for enjoying dh16 and as someone who likes it the way it is or believes it is a superior product to dh14 you have got me all wrong... I would never do that.... I'm not that guy! A moron might be able to perceive the differences between the two games and recognize that dh14 is hands down superior across the board in virtually every aspect... an idiot, however, would definitely not be able to perceive such differences and the obvious superiorities of one over the other... I did not know that stating my opinion about the games to another user was tantamount to treating you specifically in any way... if my opinion makes you feel anything less than the brilliant guy I'm sure you are, I don't know what to say other than maybe I am sorry.
    D
    Hey you were right about dribble vs drivel... That was my mistake for not proofreading it close enough...unfortunately Auto type has real issues with my deep southern accent... as to treating you like, or implying, you are a moron for enjoying dh16 and as someone who likes it the way it is or believes it is a superior product to dh14 you have got me all wrong... I would never do that.... I'm not that guy! A moron might be able to perceive the differences between the two games and recognize that dh14 is hands down superior across the board in virtually every aspect... an idiot, however, would definitely not be able to perceive such differences and the obvious superiorities of one over the other... I did not know that stating my opinion about the games to another user was tantamount to treating you specifically in any way... if my opinion makes you feel anything less than the brilliant guy I'm sure you are, I don't know what to say other than maybe I am sorry.

I will say this...this is my first deer hunter. When I get a bigger iPad and have space I'll give 2014 a shot. Question though, was 2014 that good when it started, or did it take dev time to hit its stride? Maybe that's the goal here, that if they blow their load from the start, they won't know where to go from there. Once of my favorite franchises in gaming is the Diablo franchise. A ton of people ****ped on three because it wasn't as good as two. Problem is...the fond memories of two everyone has is at the END of its lifecycle...after an expansion and numerous patches.

Bottom line I guess, was 2014 as good as it is now when it started? And if not, could 2016 grow into the game that we are *****ing that DH 2018 isn't as good as?
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    I guess I can answer a little....

1. DH 2014 was really good when it started. The graphics were superb and the gameplay was challenging. I got hooked on it.
    2. They then introduced the Hidden Levels, which made it even better. Other things, like Elite Events were also introduced.
    3. Can DH 2016 grow? IMO, not without completely re-doing the graphics, better hunts and better weapon options. Add some creativity to make it more engrossing.

So, yes, you will see a lot of complaining from DH2014 vets since this reincarnation is a poor replacement.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    I think that people who have only played 2016 truly believe it is a decent product but once they play 2014 they will see just how weak 2016 is by comparison.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I think that people who have only played 2016 truly believe it is a decent product but once they play 2014 they will see just how weak 2016 is by comparison.

I completely agree. Dh14 was so good I have played it twice. Dino was great until Glu quit on the game. I have played that game twice also. This dh16 is hard to play once. Very pathetic compared to the 2 previously mentioned games.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    I completely agree. Dh14 was so good I have played it twice. Dino was great until Glu quit on the game. I have played that game twice also. This dh16 is hard to play once. Very pathetic compared to the 2 previously mentioned games.

Am enjoying the hell out of Dino hunter right now, timing the otos with gold from ads to get really cool stuff. Almost done with region 7.
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    Am enjoying the hell out of Dino hunter right now, timing the otos with gold from ads to get really cool stuff. Almost done with region 7.

Dino is great through Region 8 then it was ruined as they diverted their resources to Kim Kardashian. I'm playing through it for a third time. I love the trophy hunts and how you have to shoot the circles rather than just the too easy heart shots. Don't bother going past Region 8.
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts

Pretty much at the end now. It gets silly in R8 and just plain stupid after that.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
    casajr wrote: »
    Pretty much at the end now. It gets silly in R8 and just plain stupid after that.

Region 9 and 10 of Dino hunter reminds me of the age old question... why do you hit yourself over and over again in the head with a hammer... answer.....because it feels so good when I stop
  • brodeenbrodeen Registered Users 539 Posts
    Region 9 and 10 of Dino hunter reminds me of the age old question... why do you hit yourself over and over again in the head with a hammer... answer.....because it feels so good when I stop
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Device:android 4.2 10.1 Tablet
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    Bill1957 wrote: »

Same here. Well said, Bill.
    You guys weren't lying about Dino hunter....sad
    Six regions and little improvement... Maybe the animal graphics are a little better but almost immeasurable... The degree of difficulty of region 6 is no different than region 1...dh16 is nothing more than a cheap knockoff of dh14..... No new innovation.... it's almost like you're willing, and hoping, to put something out there that doesn't crash too badly.. That seems to be a win for you guys... the heart don't beat on the animals anymore and metaphorically the hearts have stopped beating at Glu
    Six regions and little improvement... Maybe the animal graphics are a little better but almost immeasurable... The degree of difficulty of region 6 is no different than region 1...dh16 is nothing more than a cheap knockoff of dh14..... No new innovation.... it's almost like you're willing, and hoping, to put something out there that doesn't crash too badly.. That seems to be a win for you guys... the heart don't beat on the animals anymore and metaphorically the hearts have stopped beating at Glu
    Good point. The hearts should beat.
    Wait. The hearts ARE beating on mine.
    Wait. The hearts ARE beating on mine.

Not on mine... At least on the standard and trophy hunts... it's just a small little Pea shaped thing hanging down below the lungs... couldn't tell on the contract hunts whether it was any different or not because the animals are always moving and there are no batteries to extend the infrared... Couldn't get a good look... however my main point was I was kind of expecting a little more by region 6... not only has dh16 devolved from dh14 but dh16 hasn't evolved from when it was released
  • JgoberynJgoberyn Registered Users 81 Posts
    I think the graphic do lo a little better now than at the start, but only slightly. I wish they'd have a bit more variety in terms of the animals though. Nothing new in this region except the Minks, and they're no different to the Polecats from region 3. On a side note, nuggets911 and Deenohunter, are you guys having a competition of who can make the most posts on here? ;)
    T
    Jgoberyn wrote: »
    I think the graphic do lo a little better now than at the start, but only slightly. I wish they'd have a bit more variety in terms of the animals though. Nothing new in this region except the Minks, and they're no different to the Polecats from region 3. On a side note, nuggets911 and Deenohunter, are you guys having a competition of who can make the most posts on here? ;)
    I just have too much time on my hands lately and contract hunts are too boring. More productive to vent.
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    And "when does the next region start" posts just make it so much more fun to vent...
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    the next region is australia
    when does that start?
    been asking for that part of the planet for a minute now
    as for graphics the blood and spot of the kill shot is a nice "upgrade"
    and still the animals cast no shadows even with what seems like multiple light sources ... keep trying y'all
  • NetwurkNetwurk Registered Users 8 Posts
    My thoughts are that it is an OK game that could be way better. The events look interesting but are of course way overpriced. Let's face it folks, they're going after the rich kid market and aren't going to change anything unless profits go down.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    To me the animals still look unrealistic and the graphics still suck, but at least the disconnects have gone, and the game tuns smooth. Still needs a lot of time to load but that is ok. when compared to complexity and graphics of DH2014, the game lags way behind
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)