Options

Version 2.0 Update

Hey guys. First of all, Happy Holidays to you all! I just wanted to drop a quick update for those of you who use the forums.

I mentioned a new feature awhile back that would be completely new in Deer Hunter. I’m sure you already noticed the pistols in the Christmas Event gun list. Those will prove valuable shortly. Look for this new mode to be available on Monday. I hope it is something you find fun!

A couple of quick notes about the feature:

- It is synchronous gameplay. You are playing against other players in real time.
- It is just a start for this type of competitive gameplay. Look for a variety of competitive score gameplay to be added in the course of the new year. Indoor, outdoor, different types of targets, different types of weapons, etc.

Looking further into the future, I wanted to let you guys know that the dev team is working on a refactoring of the weapon system in the game. Ultimately, the refactor will allow a couple of new things:

- You’ll be able to customize your weapon differently than another player with the same weapon.
- You’ll be able to grind for new weapons instead of having to buy everything with gold. The grind won’t be easy, but the team certainly heard the feedback about how difficult it has been to acquire gold-only weapons, and this system will provide an avenue to grind for weapons, and also choose what weapon you want to build, and ultimately, how it is customized.
- Further on down the road, these new weapons will unlock more challenging hunts in previous regions.

As always, please keep the feedback coming. It’s all useful trust me, even if you are just venting frustration. Roone and I are always watching (use the voice in your head that is happy and helpful…not the creepy voice!)

Oh, and there’s one other thing in the 2.0 version coming on Monday. We made it more clear if a region is unlockable in the game, or hasn’t been released yet and is just a preview. Hopefully, this preserves some harpoons.

Comments

• Options
    ClumsymanClumsyman Registered Users 3 Posts
    Wow! We finally see some progress made.

Australia... The kangaroos are waiting...
  • Options
    Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Nemesis,

Thanks for the heads up

Chris
  • Options
    SmeejisSmeejis Registered Users 19 Posts
    Sounds great. I can't wait to try it out.
  • Options
    annonannon Registered Users 128 Posts
    Smeejis, didn't you have a similar idea to what they are doing now? Mebbe they could bring you on as a consultant for some RSU's? BTW, I am Taco_09 from the ST board. I never put this name and that one together, though it is so unique I shoulda!
  • Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Thanks for listening to the players. I can't wait for Monday.
    Need to do more than contract hunts.
  • Options
    SmeejisSmeejis Registered Users 19 Posts
    annon wrote: »
    Smeejis, didn't you have a similar idea to what they are doing now? Mebbe they could bring you on as a consultant for some RSU's? BTW, I am Taco_09 from the ST board. I never put this name and that one together, though it is so unique I shoulda!

Ha ha. I did suggest it, but the timing suggests that they were probably working on this for a little while. I would absolutely be a consultant if Glu contacted me. If RSU's are on the table, just tell me where to sign. :)
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Nemaeus wrote: »
    Oh, and there’s one other thing in the 2.0 version coming on Monday. We made it more clear if a region is unlockable in the game, or hasn’t been released yet and is just a preview. Hopefully, this preserves some harpoons.
    Your Preserve the Harpoons wish may put you at odds with Greenpeace's Preserve the Whales campaign. :)
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Hey all, I wanted to let you all know that we are pushing the release of 2.0 to tomorrow.

This will turn on the Christmas reward events as well adding the feature Nemaeus called out above!
  • Options
    guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    Just got update prompt from Google Play...it's here.