Tournament

Might be fun if GLU's servers were any good. Just as lost server connections cost us gold and more in the normal hunts, lost server connections are taking all the life out of tournament play. Almost 50% of my tournament play had ended with a server error message and the loss of the rounds results. Once again, GLU introduces a half *** "improvement".
Prev1

Comments

• deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    How do you unlock tournaments?
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    How do you unlock tournaments?

The tournament starts Monday.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Not yet fer me

Chris
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    Hey all, the roll out of 2.0 was pushed back until tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    Been playing tournaments since late Sat night. Android must have gotten before Apple.
  • deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    guitsteel wrote: »
    Been playing tournaments since late Sat night. Android must have gotten before Apple.

Android here also but no tournaments. Where do you see them at in the game?
    Screenshot_2015_12_15_08_58_32.jpg
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    You're the only one!
    Has to have been released somehow. I'm not a beta tester and have been shooting against loads of other players.
    guitsteel wrote: »
    Might be fun if GLU's servers were any good. Just as lost server connections cost us gold and more in the normal hunts, lost server connections are taking all the life out of tournament play. Almost 50% of my tournament play had ended with a server error message and the loss of the rounds results. Once again, GLU introduces a half *** "improvement".

Btw: Server issues seem to have been addressed. I have not been disconnected since Sunday evening. Gotta give credit when credit is due...good work GLU.
    We did a limited rollout of 2.0 to a small number of Google users to help us test out our servers. Thanks for helping us out with that! :)
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    So the question now is: when will it be available for the rest of us?

Chris
    So the question now is: when will it be available for the rest of us?

Chris

Very very soon! :) It should start showing up in the stores over the next couple of hours.
    Roone wrote: »
    We did a limited rollout of 2.0 to a small number of Google users to help us test out our servers. Thanks for helping us out with that! :)

Thank you for the privilege. Gotta admit...this update took a big step towards converting me. Very innovative idea.
    Just got update prompt from Google Play...it's here.
  • biminizanebiminizane Registered Users 6 Posts
    Massive ripoff in progress: CATS target shooting averaging 7 ERRORS, meaning lost energy and ranking, per each 10 matches so far, basically a 70% fail rate costing me time and money. Also, no matter how many perfect 10-ring, 100% accuracy rounds I achieve, the game then has you wait on the "other player," then calculates his or her score, which in 18/20 events had a faster rate and better accuracy, even when I had no misses? Plus....get this: the other "real time opponents" - are named "player
    ." I shot against 9 straight opponents named Playerdi6h, player34pm, player6sms, etc. All of who, after my perfect or near perfect rounds, beat me by over 425% margin? After hundreds and hundreds of dollars on GLU, this is the one that will probably cause me to slam my Google wallet shut. Beware.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    It's here for iOS too. I'm up to 15 gold. It does crash every 15 matches or so. Need lots of gold or platinum.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • biminizanebiminizane Registered Users 6 Posts
    Guys! The devs probably won't allow my last post about how rigged and bogus the tournament is, but here's the latest: I just shot a 3590 round and my "real life opponent" - they're almost all named "player" followed by 6 random characters - somehow gets a 5500. (Would need to shoot perfect round) so I shoot a 6800 next, my opponent somehow gets 7700. (His name was, you guessed it, "Player34ldm." So, get this: my next opponent is "Lea" - photo appears to be a six year old girl, so when the range horn blows, I hold fire for the first eight target, next row comes up and I shut my eyes a start shooting, next row I just start shooting the walls, floor, doing my best not to hit anything, and I score a 2600. "Lea" shoots, the game shows her score, 2550! LOL! I THINK they let me win against the first grader cuz they know I'm onto em.
  • Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    I'm losing stars when I lose and I'm only at 15. You are not supposed to lose stars until you are a 10.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
    Bill1957 wrote: »
    I'm losing stars when I lose and I'm only at 15. You are not supposed to lose stars until you are a 10.

Which tournament are you in? Gold, silver, proving grounds?

Thanks!
    biminizane wrote: »
    Guys! The devs probably won't allow my last post about how rigged and bogus the tournament is, but here's the latest: I just shot a 3590 round and my "real life opponent" - they're almost all named "player" followed by 6 random characters - somehow gets a 5500. (Would need to shoot perfect round) so I shoot a 6800 next, my opponent somehow gets 7700. (His name was, you guessed it, "Player34ldm." So, get this: my next opponent is "Lea" - photo appears to be a six year old girl, so when the range horn blows, I hold fire for the first eight target, next row comes up and I shut my eyes a start shooting, next row I just start shooting the walls, floor, doing my best not to hit anything, and I score a 2600. "Lea" shoots, the game shows her score, 2550! LOL! I THINK they let me win against the first grader cuz they know I'm onto em.

Your post was approved! FYI if you are not signed into Facebook we assign you a random name called... You guessed it "PlayerXXXXX"! If you're not signed in I'm sure that 6th grader was cursing PlayerABC12 (Gave you a random name). We did not add any AI to this so one of the reasons we had to test the servers the way we did with Google was we were concerned we couldn't get enough people playing right away for matches to be made. From my experience I haven't had to wait more than 3 seconds so I'm sure happy with that.

Please do give us your feedback both negative and positive. Please do give constructive criticism as our usual response to "Glu suxorz" as the only feedback is to ignore or giggle. ;-)

Thanks!

Ok sounds like there was a mistake in the rules for Gold. You CAN lose stars at all ranks in Gold. We will have that text fixed in our next update.

Thanks for calling this out!
    biminizane wrote: »
    Massive ripoff in progress: CATS target shooting averaging 7 ERRORS, meaning lost energy and ranking, per each 10 matches so far, basically a 70% fail rate costing me time and money. Also, no matter how many perfect 10-ring, 100% accuracy rounds I achieve, the game then has you wait on the "other player," then calculates his or her score, which in 18/20 events had a faster rate and better accuracy, even when I had no misses? Plus....get this: the other "real time opponents" - are named "player
    ." I shot against 9 straight opponents named Playerdi6h, player34pm, player6sms, etc. All of who, after my perfect or near perfect rounds, beat me by over 425% margin? After hundreds and hundreds of dollars on GLU, this is the one that will probably cause me to slam my Google wallet shut. Beware.

I have been one of GLU's larger critics in regards to DH16 but I have to disagree with you. I have been playing in the tournament since late Saturday...I have seen no evidence it is rigged. You are simply going through the learning curve, I did as well my first time through. Contrary to what you think, accuracy is not the key to winning many of the boards so long as you do not miss the target. There are patterns you need to learn and certain upgrades you need to make to your pistols, especially in the gold rounds. Unfortunately for you, it sounds as if many of the folk you are shooting against have figured this out before you. I was banging my head against the wall in some of the later gold rounds for two days until I figured it out. I would be ahead almost the whole round and then my opponent would beat me by 5000 pts in the last 15 seconds. Once you figure out the pattern, you will be surprised at how easily you missed it.

You are correct about one thing however, it seems the servers are being outpaced since the rollout today. Hopefully, this is resolved quickly as losing so many round results is frustrating. Heck, that was the reason I began this thread.

Thanks!

Where are the Proving Grounds, Roone?
  • InzpieInzpie Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm losing energy when the server can't find me an opponent, it's happened many times today. It would be nice if that was fixed, but besides that I love it.

I also would like to replay the Christmas levels though since we paid for them, they were really fun.
  • dexndexn Registered Users 1 Posts
    Glad you noticed that the rules about losing a star in reality are different to rules list.

Also when losing a star between levels, you lose 2 instead. For example if you are on Rank 11 with no stars because you lost the last round, if you lose the next round you will be taken down to Rank 12 with only 2 out of the 4 stars.

I have also noticed that it takes energy away from you no matter whether or not it finds an opponent. This can happen several times in a row and with only having 10 energy is frustrating.

Another thing taking energy is the "Something went wrong" error box which can happen randomly (clicking Play, looking for players, during play or even waiting for the opponents score).
  • USERNAME_FOUNDUSERNAME_FOUND Registered Users 7 Posts
    I'm feeling about the same way, with the exception that I'm not going to stop playing or paying for gold. They just need to fix this because I'm shooting **** well never " perfect" but **** well, and these "players" are beating me buy around 10000-15000 points!!!! How are thay doing this?
    Okay! This makes since. I'm rank 7 in gold and OMFG it's frustrating!!! They are beating me by 10k in the last 10 seconds of the match! Hoooooowwwwww!!!??? My nose is bleeding... lol
    I'm using the golden myr 45. And I cannot win anymore at rank 7 in gold tourney. it's ridiculous! I used all of my platinum on the hammer when I saw that everyone was beating me with it and I can't reach 6000 points with it no later how hard I try! How are people getting 20k point with it against me?