Tournament

2Next

Comments

• erocazeesonerocazeeson Registered Users 142 Posts
    random players or bots?
    tried this out
    was nothing special compared to other games that already have PvP
    thought there would be animals rather than paper ...
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I'd like to know why if I shoot fairly well in the Silver tournament, and get like 2500 points, my opponent scores over 10000 points. We common players have no chance of winning. How are these people able to score so high? What am I doing wrong?
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
    earlier I got to rank 6 then stopped playing
    when I re entered the game I was back at rank 10
    what's good with that?
  • nuggets911nuggets911 Registered Users 191 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    I'd like to know why if I shoot fairly well in the Silver tournament, and get like 2500 points, my opponent scores over 10000 points. We common players have no chance of winning. How are these people able to score so high? What am I doing wrong?

Not trying to be a smarty, but have you tried using the scope... I played 70 rounds before I noticed it... Lol... The key seems to be always hitting the target and getting the multiplier... I started doing better when I took my time as opposed to rushing... trying to get bullseyes specially on the gold and black targets... I am progressing up now and winning more whereas i was getting smeared
    :mad:Glu, if you had any honor you would have already fallen on your samurai sword :mad:
    Android Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Not impressed with the pvp tournaments (some do sound like bots don't they?) Killed the principle of "deer hunting". Too many restarts and gold tournament impossible to win. Thumbs down
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    Not impressed with the pvp tournaments (some do sound like bots don't they?) Killed the principle of "deer hunting". Too many restarts and gold tournament impossible to win. Thumbs down

Have to agree. It was an interesting concept, but it gets old pretty quickly. Almost rather be doing contract hunts. At least there are critters to shoot.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts

I have already won both gold tournaments...this week's and last weeks. Look for the patterns, guys. Start by maxing out the power on the Patriot Hammer and blast through the basic targets. Once you get past these and to the gold targets, you can rack up points.
    Tanner96 wrote: »

Same answer as above.
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    This whole concept is ridiculous, the game is called DEER HUNTER not target hunter! Totally dull and boring, a big thumbs down.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    It seems to be just a way to earn a few plats, and spend more.....

And the opposite player isn't necessarily on-line. ???

How's that work?

Chris
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    I agree wit ya Florida-Steve

Chris
    seriously though
    random players or bots?
    thought there would be animals rather than paper ...
    whatever
    just give us Australia
  • taco_taco_ Registered Users 2 Posts
    Im also getting frustrated with the tournament. I consider myself pretty good at this game and have figured out the "pattern," but something about being up 5000 points with 5 seconds left, and then the opponent ends up outscoring me... I can understand if they hit the gold targets, but I didn't get any gold targets in the round, so why would they be getting them? That's the only explanation... Each player is getting a different set of targets.

Also, don't spend any gold on a fancy tournament gun, it was a waste of 490 gold...
  • taco_taco_ Registered Users 2 Posts
    Seriously, what is the trick to season 1 gold tournament... Based on how the points accumulate, there is no way these opponents can comeback as fast as they do unless they are somehow getting gold targets and I'm not...... What a joke, I watch guys get 3000 points in the last 3 seconds.
    This whole concept is ridiculous, the game is called DEER HUNTER not target hunter! Totally dull and boring, a big thumbs down.

The developers can only introduce new content every couple weeks. Usually, I complete a new region or event in a day. I would rather have the CTS in the interim than endless repetitive contract hunts. At least in the CTS there is a question of whether I might win or lose to keep it interesting.

I do agree it would be nice to shoot at animals during the tournament at some point. Perhaps the developers would consider something like the stampede challenges back during Deer Hunter Reloaded as a basis for such a tournament?
  • casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    Or some permutation of the old DH2014 iOS Club Hunts.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Well if I enjoyed a target hunting game I would have downloaded one or went to the pub for darts.
    I spent a hundred hunts on CTS but that is as far as I am going. Won a couple of silver tournaments. Reached level 13 in gold but losing stars just didn't sound appealing so bottom line is I am not interested.
    I will wait for Australia.
    Some people think this is a worthwhile improvement to the game and I respect that but I guess many of us don't appreciate the attempt at innovation on Glu's part.
    Also purchasing the pack is now for real money not gold. Looks like Glu is in financial drought....
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • SnakeeyesmaSnakeeyesma Registered Users 21 Posts
    I'm annoyed that a couple levels penalize an upgraded gun....one of them I finished and waited eight seconds with no target and watched my opponent pass me.
  • biminizanebiminizane Registered Users 6 Posts
    The tournaments do precisely what they were built to do. Take your mind off the fact that the developers cannot build a decent HUNTING GAME because they are too busy offering you wild tangent ideas that consume massive amounts of energy and tens of thousands of plats. The actual game was, if I recall, a hunting game? Can't get your money fast enough that way! 😉
  • Florida SteveFlorida Steve Registered Users 457 Posts
    guitsteel wrote: »
    The developers can only introduce new content every couple weeks. Usually, I complete a new region or event in a day. I would rather have the CTS in the interim than endless repetitive contract hunts. At least in the CTS there is a question of whether I might win or lose to keep it interesting.

I do agree it would be nice to shoot at animals during the tournament at some point. Perhaps the developers would consider something like the stampede challenges back during Deer Hunter Reloaded as a basis for such a tournament?

If you like shooting at targets good for you, enjoy! It is not hunting and not for me.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, Android 5.1.1
  • ScepticonScepticon Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm annoyed that a couple levels penalize an upgraded gun....one of them I finished and waited eight seconds with no target and watched my opponent pass me.
    Indeed, I noticed this too.
    I quite like the addition of tournaments, due to the fact that it actually means I have to work hard with my shooting, instead of being able to simply lay back and shoot with my eyes closed, as is the case with hunts.
    It also allows for a greater variety of guns, which in my eye is very much a positive thing, even if they aren't necessarily the most powerful weapons when used against animals in hunts.
    Also, keep in mind it allows Glu to test out varying speeds and more with the automatic weapons we've received, meaning we may see an automatic shotgun akin to the likes of a USAS 12.
    Forget PC master race, I'm part of the dive hybrid race. 😎
    PC, Mobile and Console gamer.
    iPhone 6.

I know the round you are referring to...was never a round like that until Tuesday. I'm guessing they introduced it to balance the field a bit. Still, if you are going to have rounds like that, we should be allowed to make adjusts to our guns during the round.
  • DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    guitsteel wrote: »

Eh the targets are okay. The upgrades sure do cost a lot for the gold tournament. You lose a lot more than you gain. Kinda like the Elite events on DH14. I suppose if you play a long time you can recoup your losses. You don't advance too far in the gold one unless you spend quite a lot on upgrades. Still it would be a lot cooler with animals and seeing who could get the most points for heart/lung/brain shots without using a scope!
  • cajunpowerzcajunpowerz Registered Users 33 Posts
    How you like this , I clearly smoked my challenger and he wins?
  • cajunpowerzcajunpowerz Registered Users 33 Posts
    How you like this , I clearly smoked my challenger and he wins? Look at my profile picture to the left what the hell GLU?
  • Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    How you like this , I clearly smoked my challenger and he wins? Look at my profile picture to the left what the hell GLU?

It doesn't matter what you do, Glu will find that some players will be unhappy. But there are clearly things they could do better, and make it easier to help win the gold tourney. It feels rigged to me. I got to level5 but slid to 8 on the gold tourney. And yes I agree that we need some meat to shoot. It is called deer hunter.