Slow Motion Predator

Having played DH 14 and Dino Hunter, I was looking forward to this release. I started playing it over the weekend but I am having an issue with slow motion predators. In previous games you had a chance for 1 shot (from the hip to try and defend yourself. but with this game it seems I do not get that opportunity. Maybe I am doing something wrong but the fire button does not work once the animal goes into slow motion attack. Any thoughts? I hope I am missing something obvious. The gun is loaded..Thanks.

Comments

• fortesclanfortesclan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Do yourself a favor. Do not get your hopes up for this pathetic attempt for a replacement for DH14. This game takes about 10 steps backwards. Terrible excuse for the DH name.
  • DHinSEADHinSEA Registered Users 5 Posts
    I just posted the same thing. You used to be able to get shots off when the animal was in mid attack. You're toast now.
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    woodsman22 wrote: »
    Having played DH 14 and Dino Hunter, I was looking forward to this release. I started playing it over the weekend but I am having an issue with slow motion predators. In previous games you had a chance for 1 shot (from the hip to try and defend yourself. but with this game it seems I do not get that opportunity. Maybe I am doing something wrong but the fire button does not work once the animal goes into slow motion attack. Any thoughts? I hope I am missing something obvious. The gun is loaded..Thanks.

Strange...I have actually experienced the opposite. It seems like the predators take forever to reach me. I have not come close to getting killed even though I have been caught by a predator several times just as I began a reload. I have had plenty of time to complete the reload and shoot them dead. Of course, it is always a lung shot which seems automatic at close range in DH16 even though none of the organs highlight at close range as they did in DH14.
  • guitsteelguitsteel Registered Users 108 Posts
    fortesclan wrote: »
    This game takes about 10 steps backwards.

May have even taken a step or two backward from DH Reloaded lol.