DH 2016 Updates

OK. I've play 2014 alot and fine that DH 2016 isn't really much different than 2014. Glu needs to:

1. Stop having discrete versions but rather DH needs to just continuously evolve. i.e, no more DH 20xx - Just Deer Hunter, like Madden NFL Mobile or Racing Rivals. Who wants to start over every new version. I dont play 2016 much for this reason alone and 2016 isn't different enough to start over.

2. PvP. Current PvP at a shooting range where you challenge a random non-real person is boring. Need to challenge real people, side-by-side, hunting in the same scenarios when you play the game. First to shoot the Deer wins or whoever shoots the most wins, etc. Allow team hunts/challenges.

3. Connection with the real world.
Sure, the animals and their surroundings are real enough, but Glu needs add REAL guns, bows, ammo, scopes, etc. Like a Marlin Model 336 or Winchester Model 70. Gamers can get deeper into the game if they can "live" in both worlds, leveraging their knowledge, weapon research, etc. There are plenty of rifles I see in hunting magazines that I can't afford in the real world but would love to hunt with them in DH. Gamers of Racing Rival know this, they appreciate using 'OFFICIALLY LICENSED' cars, not some made up variation. (oh, the guns and ammo should perform with the characteristics specified by the manufacturers). I could see it now, getting a notification about a "manufacture weapons update" and hunting with a rifle I saw in last months North American Whitetail magazine. DH has far more downloads as Racing Rival yet RR is grossing higher than DH -- reality is why.

Along the lines of being real, DH should add to the mix an additional 'real' features such as an option to maintain/clean weapon and failure to do so after so many rounds or shooting in stormy weather will results in malfunctions or increased inaccuracy (some guns being more sensitive). Bow should have ability to adjust tension... I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Hire an expert don't make it up yourself.

(A minor suggestion: a player should be penalized for letting a wounded animal escape)

Do this then you will have a hit game that will last because game details aren't fabricated non-sense.

Whatever you do, don't release another DH unless it's really different.

Thanks

Comments

• Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Actually, there is a lot of differences, the problem is DH14 is better, because players went to the forum with ideas to improve it and Glu incorporated them into it. Although they do a few things better in this one, it isn't superior of a game. You can wipe out the trophy hunts in five seconds but Dh14 trophy hunts were a challenge and took two energy per hunt. You may get free energy and more gold on this one but it needs to have players harpoon Glu's desperation of a game.
  • SmeejisSmeejis Registered Users 19 Posts
    You make some great points. The key to mobile gaming today is in the details. I think DH16 is a bit gimmicky at times but I still think that it's in a good position to grow and evolve overtime. The IP user base is huge, but Glu needs to give the people what they want. A few comments on your suggestions.

1. I agree that they should focus on making one Deer Hunter game. Although in Glu's defense, it's not like they're releasing these things on a yearly basis. DH14 was released in September 2013 and DH16 arrived around the same time in 2015. But I completely agree and a perfect example is Clash of Clans. You don't see Supercell releasing sequels and they've barely budged from their throne as #1 game.

2. PVP needs some serious work. However, based on the comments from the 2.0 post I think this was more of a test to gauge user response and we can expect more in the near future. In fact, if they added a chat feature so people could trash talk I actually wouldn't mind the fact that you are shooting targets instead of animals. Ideally though I would like to be given the option. They could keep the target practice inside, but every Hunter wants to get out in the open. I like your ideas on speed trials and multiple kills, but I would also add a PVP point hunt. Since we have X-Ray scopes they could assign different values to where the animal is shot and killed and see how many points players can accumulate in a give time period. Similar to the current system only with an animal target.

3. I couldn't agree more. People don't want to play around with magic guns they want the real deal. Licensing might be an issue initially, but Glu has made these types of deals in the past and for a franchise like DH this is a must.

Keep throwing these ideas out there. They can't ignore us forever.
  • Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Keep throwing these ideas out there. They can't ignore us forever.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. As an oldtimer, my experience is that they sure can ignore us and our suggestions. Dino hunter was throttled and they never bothered reviving it. The judge is the quarterly report of profits.
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)