R9

Does anyone know when region 9 will open??? Or how long it takes between regions opening?? Just wondering when I can hunt something different.

Comments

• Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Bobrendl wrote: »
    Does anyone know when region 9 will open??? Or how long it takes between regions opening?? Just wondering when I can hunt something different.

Region 9 will open in ten years and then Roone will give you Region ten in fifty years and charge you 100,000 gold to hunt for ten HB's an animal.
    Any questions?
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Ducky,

New member... 1st post

No harpoons till at least the third ,,,, okay

Regions are released on or about the last Thursday of the month, maybe

With the events, and (if you don't mind losing more then you win) tourneys

Welcome to the bash GLU forum

Chris
  • Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    I was just being strange. You got have a sense of humor to deal with asinine questions. Hey Roone when is region nine out or did I not get the memo?
  • Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    Duck76 wrote: »
    I was just being strange. You got have a sense of humor to deal with asinine questions. Hey Roone when is region nine out or did I not get the memo?

What is asinine about a someone's first post asking on the frequency of region releases? Other than Chris's informative reply above I haven't seen it posted anywhere. In fact I've only seen people chastised for inquiring. Hard to call someone's post asinine when the subject matter of the post isn't available. Ignorant, I can get behind, but is that really the community we want? Those that have the information ridicule those who do not?

Most gaming forums I'm on have An FAQ for these types of general question, that would be very helpful on this forum. Mods?

Once someone has the information available to them, it's much more justifiable to sling harpoons for them choosing not to read it.

Just my 2 cents
  • RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    We shoot for a release every two weeks alternating between Regions and Events. The way the calendar works is that when in a month either comes out fluctuates throughout the year. For example right now Regions are earlier in the month but in 6 months it will be closer to the end of the month. We also adjust the cadence sometimes to make events line up with holidays a little better.

We usually don't list firm dates as sometimes random things happen that require us to either speed up or slow down the release date. Heck we've had several instances where we almost had to swap a region release with an event due to submission time concerns with Apple/Google. Best bet is to listen to what some of our elder players suggest as most of the time they are spot on. :)
  • Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    Roone wrote: »
    We shoot for a release every two weeks alternating between Regions and Events. The way the calendar works is that when in a month either comes out fluctuates throughout the year. For example right now Regions are earlier in the month but in 6 months it will be closer to the end of the month. We also adjust the cadence sometimes to make events line up with holidays a little better.

We usually don't list firm dates as sometimes random things happen that require us to either speed up or slow down the release date. Heck we've had several instances where we almost had to swap a region release with an event due to submission time concerns with Apple/Google. Best bet is to listen to what some of our elder players suggest as most of the time they are spot on. :)

Great info, thanks for posting Roone. May I suggest this be placed in its own thread and stickied for easy reference
  • Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Just be patient. A new region/event will always be released when they are ready. Better to wait than to get a product that is inferior.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad: