Options

How to know if your shooting against a bot

I just noticed in the silver tournament that whenever you rank up you always have at least one star in the level you progress to... How come the "player" your competing against is in the same level or another level and has zero stars , this is not possible if you don't loose any stars when you loose . I smell a bot

Comments

• Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    saskdeer wrote: »
    I just noticed in the silver tournament that whenever you rank up you always have at least one star in the level you progress to... How come the "player" your competing against is in the same level or another level and has zero stars , this is not possible if you don't loose any stars when you loose . I smell a bot

Only if he or she is on rank ten and has not won would they have zero stars. I think this is the only time that is true. Who knows whether there are bots. I stopped wondering about it. Unless you have a situation in a tourney that I don't know. Unless you rank up in gold and lose all on that tourney.
  • Options
    saskdeersaskdeer Registered Users 50 Posts
    Happened on rank 2,3,4,5 of the silver tourney
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Bots or not bots, it still does not make sense to me as to why i should whizz thru the silver tournament versus trudging my way in the gold tournament. Are the players so different in skills or do all the good players not play the silver because it is beyond them...or is it the (easy)bots playing the silverand the (tough) bots playing gold...i wonder
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    LoosemanLooseman Registered Users 86 Posts
    Mine never shows the players stars, I suspect so you won't be tempted to give it to them if they are only one away or somthing like that.

And as I've said before....I'm a bot
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?199059-Confessions-of-a-BOT
    Ya ought ta know better than to mess with another mans hat
  • Options
    Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    I've noticed this as well, I've always assumed they were bots. There is really no other explanation for silver oppenents with 0 stars at any level except 10 since the system for awarding and taking away stars is flawed when it happens between levels. It adds one too many when you increase level and it takes on too many away when you loose a level. Like has been said in the thread, you never level up and have less than 1 star, and you never level down (gold tournament) without the top 2 stars being removed.

I had something similar happen the other night in the gold tournament when I made level 3. I played the same person 3x in a row, they were ranked level 2 with no stars, I won all 3 matches and they never lost any stars, stayed level 2 with 0 stars all 3 matches.

Looseman - they show the opponent stars when the match is created - only your stars are shown after the match.

Samer - I agree, something is up, I went level 20 to level 2 without loosing a match, then somehow at level 2 every match became extremely close and it took 16 energy to win the final 6 stars. Although it could be valid, it seems very odd that the level of competition made such an extreme and sustained improvement at the final level.
  • Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Maui Haole wrote: »
    I've noticed this as well, I've always assumed they were bots. There is really no other explanation for silver oppenents with 0 stars at any level except 10 since the system for awarding and taking away stars is flawed when it happens between levels. It adds one too many when you increase level and it takes on too many away when you loose a level. Like has been said in the thread, you never level up and have less than 1 star, and you never level down (gold tournament) without the top 2 stars being removed.

I had something similar happen the other night in the gold tournament when I made level 3. I played the same person 3x in a row, they were ranked level 2 with no stars, I won all 3 matches and they never lost any stars, stayed level 2 with 0 stars all 3 matches.

Looseman - they show the opponent stars when the match is created - only your stars are shown after the match.

Samer - I agree, something is up, I went level 20 to level 2 without loosing a match, then somehow at level 2 every match became extremely close and it took 16 energy to win the final 6 stars. Although it could be valid, it seems very odd that the level of competition made such an extreme and sustained improvement at the final level.
    I have gotten extra levels gained or stars when I have won and it won't show the results. I lose a star (on gold) but on silver and gold tourneys I leave the app and restart and they give it back and often more than I earned in the first place. I agree they made it easy to Rank two where I won most matches before that, and then it took forever for the last few stars. Besides the big star doesn't count in your win streak, that star is an acknowledgment of leveling up, so you aren't losing extra stars. That is where I disagree about losing too many, it doesn't count for or against you. I agree that for what I have written here, I benefit where I shouldn't and don't get credit where I should. There are too many flaws in the system and bots maybe in it.
  • Options
    Duck76 wrote: »
    I have gotten extra levels gained or stars when I have won and it won't show the results. I lose a star (on gold) but on silver and gold tourneys I leave the app and restart and they give it back and often more than I earned in the first place. I agree they made it easy to Rank two where I won most matches before that, and then it took forever for the last few stars. Besides the big star doesn't count in your win streak, that star is an acknowledgment of leveling up, so you aren't losing extra stars. That is where I disagree about losing too many, it doesn't count for or against you. I agree that for what I have written here, I benefit where I shouldn't and don't get credit where I should. There are too many flaws in the system and bots maybe in it.

it really is an odd way to tally points. By not counting the big star they are making it more confusing than it has to be. They instead give that star to start the next level, which is weird because I can level up, lose the next match/star and not level back down. On the flip side you need to win 2 matches in order to level back up after you lose and level down. It probably works out as a wash, and if you win more than you lose it works in your favor.

It would be more straightforward and fair if the big star counted in the star gains and losses. After its filled and you level then you would start the next level with 0 stars, and after you level down and lose a star, it would be the the big star you lose so you only need to win 1 match in order to level back up
  • Options
    Looks like it could possibly be a glitch, every single one of my opponents in the most recent daily and silver tournaments had no stars showing, both the random "player12345" and the Facebook accounts.
  • Options
    Bot214Bot214 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Bots or not bots, it still does not make sense to me as to why i should whizz thru the silver tournament versus trudging my way in the gold tournament. Are the players so different in skills or do all the good players not play the silver because it is beyond them...or is it the (easy)bots playing the silverand the (tough) bots playing gold...i wonder

Thinks it's because you can't loose stars on silver, so your not getting held up at a level and in turn if your good you'll then hold up some else up..... The daily tournaments seems to have all the pro plays in...
    The last day on gold is normally quiet an easy day because the harder contenders have completed it...
  • Options
    LoosemanLooseman Registered Users 86 Posts
    Like I said, I.noticed it several weeks ago when I was playing the gold turny. I had already took first in all three and had some energy so I threw a few matches. I played the same guy on level 2 three yimes in a row and never saw his stars increase. So I started to pay attention and I never see their stars, just the level they are on.
    Ya ought ta know better than to mess with another mans hat
  • Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Looseman wrote: »
    Like I said, I.noticed it several weeks ago when I was playing the gold turny. I had already took first in all three and had some energy so I threw a few matches. I played the same guy on level 2 three yimes in a row and never saw his stars increase. So I started to pay attention and I never see their stars, just the level they are on.

I have never had the "option" of seeing the stars, just the level, so i cannot tell. Maybe it is a device/platform thing
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)