Options

CTS Tactics

Can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of using a semi-automatic, three burst, or fully automatic pistol in CTS? Any preferred weapons that you have found serve you better?
Currently I'm using the Patriot Hammer as rewarded for completing the Silver tournament, I bought the Golden MYR .45 thinking that a three burst would get me three times the points but I have realised that this is not the case..

Any info is much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    The game is still in its infancy so there are multiple opinions. My opinion is the target type plays directly into the effectiveness of each of the gun types, semi-auto, full-auto, burst fire.

Single shot, Multi-Shot and Indestructible are the 3 target types and the target type for the tournament is listed in the rules for silver and gold tournaments, daily challenges do not indicate a target type.

Since you have a burst pistol, I will tailor my response around that gun type.

In regards to your question about the points from the burst pistol, this week’s gold tournament is multi shot and it scores the burst fire as 2 smaller point totals for the first two hits and registers a full score on the 3rd hit of the 3 shot burst. On a gold target with full multiplier and all 3 hits are bullseyes, you would score 180+180+900

On an indestructible target each hit will register a full score. On a gold target with full multiplier and all 3 hits are bullseyes, you would score 900+900+900. You will see the actual results you were hoping for when the target is indestructible.

I haven’t come across any disadvantages on a burst fire pistol when used on a indestructible target. I’m sure people have, and hopefully they will share.

Some Disadvantages of a burst fire on a single shot or multi shot target:
    1. Takes more shots vs stronger full auto and semi auto pistols. Semi Auto and Full auto clear the target withone shot, burst fire with lower power takes 2 bursts or 6 total hits
    2. The multiplier is tricky – since it takes 2 bursts (6 total hits as noted above) if you miss a single hit on a burst pistol and register 2 hits out of 3 shots fired, it will only take 1 more hit to clear the target, but your gun is going to fire 3 shots and after your first shot hits and clears the target, your next 2 shots will miss as the target is raised. Effectively resetting your multiplier twice, once on the first miss, then again when get the final hit and the target raises missing the next two shots.
    3. Takes longer to get through the blue/red/yellow targets since it takes 2 bursts to clear. This limits your total scoring ability, as it will take longer to reach the gold targets at the end of the rounds

For a multi-single shot target my preference is a semi auto pistol, as it has the most power and allows you to get through the initial red/blue/yellow targets quicker and on to the point scoring gold targets.

The main advantage of full auto pistol I’ve seen is the ability to get multiple hits on a single/multi shot target, the target clears in one hit with the power, but the rate of fire of these guns is fast enough to get multiple hits before the target raises -I've only had luck using a semi auto firing method, rapid single hits, I haven't had the same luck trying to hold the trigger to engage the fully auto firing. The hits will give you full points as well, unlike the burst fire that reduces the score on the first two hits. Semi auto pistols except for the bonesaw genesis rate of fire is too slow to get multiple hits before the single/multi shot target raises.

Although the full auto has faster fire than semi auto, compared to a burst fire the full auto pistol is still at a disadvantage on indestructible targets.

Upgrades are extremely important, rate of fire and reload increase your speed, recoil and stock improves accuracy, and ammo increases power and reduces the number of hits required to clear targets. I haven't upgraded the hip accuracy - I play with the sight up so I deemed it a waste of plats, but I could be wrong and it may be a further advantage to play without the scope.

Now this is limited general advice and there are different patterns in different rounds that buck the trend so its not end all be all advice.

Here are a couple of other threads with additional info in regards to CTS tactics.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?199059-Confessions-of-a-BOT
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198962-The-game-is-rigged
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?198746-How-do-they-do-this

Hope this helps