Everglades Contract Hunts

Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
Concerning the Everglades shotgun contract hunts. Has anyone except me had problems with the cottontail rabbit hunt? Those things move so fast, I can't seem to fire fast enough to kill six of them before the time runs out. I guess I'll just have to try harder.
:mad:iPad 4:mad:

Comments

• saskdeersaskdeer Registered Users 50 Posts
    Always works for me the only thing I've seen odd I mentioned in another post but try logging out and see what it does.
  • Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    Concerning the Everglades shotgun contract hunts. Has anyone except me had problems with the cottontail rabbit hunt? Those things move so fast, I can't seem to fire fast enough to kill six of them before the time runs out. I guess I'll just have to try harder.

I did it with two seconds left on my first try just now, but with a two shot shotgun, they need to give us at least twenty more seconds, maybe forty more. They are faster than when they have had them before on earlier regions, which I don't understand. It isn't like I hit all of them when I shoot, they aren't impossible, but more time would be nice.
  • HillerHiller Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hey those cotton tails are definitely faster than any other small game hunt. I'm new to the forum but I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with glitches overall
  • SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I have had a few close ones on the rabbit hunt, but can usually take care of them with 15+ seconds left on the clock. Not sure what tricks you have tried yet, but a couple of suggestions:

a) Do NOT use a scope on the shotgun. Let them enter the crosshairs on their own and then shoot.

b) Go for the ones in the distance. They are still moving fast, but spend more time in the target area than if they are closer. Not to mention, you can maximize your chance at killing more than one at a time. There is a bit of a clearing a bit to the left of the screen. I probably shoot 90% of them in that area. If any run close, I try not to chase them. The closer they get, the faster they seem to be.

c) Try turning up your screen brightness. I haven't had to do it on this hunt, but it was a trick that worked in some DH2014 hunts. The brighter screen makes them much easier to pick out in the distance.

This is, of course, assuming the shotgun contract hunts. Can't imagine how this hunt would be with an AR!
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    I think I will switch to an AR, just to see if it is faster. Lining two or three up in one shot is better. Of course where you shoot them might vary how many shots you need.
  • Chris-Old GeezerChris-Old Geezer Registered Users 247 Posts
    Tried AR....

Works......

But Wasn't as good as long range shot gunning

Forget close range, they are faster then Elite series in 2014!!!!

Chris