Options

Earning gold

TeemoTeemo Registered Users 22 Posts
Hellow all. I am new to the game. I am curious, is it possible to earn enough gold for events without getting top teir in the gold tournament? It seems the monthly events are the best way to earn plats. Any help is appreciated. Thanks gamers

Comments

• Options
    Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    Teemo wrote: »
    Hellow all. I am new to the game. I am curious, is it possible to earn enough gold for events without getting top teir in the gold tournament? It seems the monthly events are the best way to earn plats. Any help is appreciated. Thanks gamers

You can farm free gold in the game, click the + sign in the upper right hand corner the.n click the orange free gold banner (under the 3 boxes for gold, energy and HB's), takes some time but doesn't hit your wallet.

Here is some info on gold and plat accumulation in CTS I posted a while back

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?199059-Confessions-of-a-BOT&p=426699&viewfull=1#post426699

What I wrote on the gold accumulation doesn't apply as much recently. Glu has lowered the gold payouts in CTS significantly the last few weeks. The reward for top tier in the weekly gold tournament used to get 400 each week or 1600 each time an event renewed. Now it's 150 each week or 600 each time an event renews.

But if plats are your ultimate goal, be active in the CTS. Events definitely supplement your plats but an event nets around 23k plats, you can earn close to 4x that in CTS in the same amount of time.
  • Options
    TeemoTeemo Registered Users 22 Posts
    Maui Haole wrote: »
    You can farm free gold in the game, click the + sign in the upper right hand corner the.n click the orange free gold banner (under the 3 boxes for gold, energy and HB's), takes some time but doesn't hit your wallet.

Here is some info on gold and plat accumulation in CTS I posted a while back

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?199059-Confessions-of-a-BOT&p=426699&viewfull=1#post426699

What I wrote on the gold accumulation doesn't apply as much recently. Glu has lowered the gold payouts in CTS significantly the last few weeks. The reward for top tier in the weekly gold tournament used to get 400 each week or 1600 each time an event renewed. Now it's 150 each week or 600 each time an event renews.

But if plats are your ultimate goal, be active in the CTS. Events definitely supplement your plats but an event nets around 23k plats, you can earn close to 4x that in CTS in the same amount of time.

How do you earn ~100k plats (4x23k) in CTS if you don't get top teir on the gold tourney? I don't have weapons that allow me to win the gold tourney at this time. I do however complete the other two dailies pretty regularly. Thanks.

And in reference to the gold earnings... Farming the videos daily is definitely not enough to pay for a series of new monthly events. It might cover the first one at around 3-400 gold I think. Not sure about that amount for the first hunt but close. It seems winning the gold tourney would be the only way to net 2+k gold monthly.
  • Options
    SubH2OSubH2O Registered Users 603 Posts
    I get as much enjoyment from the Tournaments as Samer gets from doing contract hunts... I just do not participate in the Tournaments. I also do not spend real money on the game. I only do what I both enjoy and can do for free.

That being said, you can farm enough gold to participate in events, but you will have some choices to make along the way. As noted, I just don't do tournaments. I hate them with a passion. I do each new region, then do enough contract hunts to fund the next region, and then mine gold for the rest of the month until the next region comes out. I will do tournaments as my gold allows.

a) Using just the free gold videos within the game, it is pretty easy to earn 50 gold per day minimum. Some days will be better (sometimes 100+), but 50 is usually a pretty safe bet.
    In DH 2014, there seemed to be some geographical differences in gold earning potential. There seemed to be far more gold available to those living in the US than internationally. Not sure if the same applies in DH2016 or not.
    At a conservative 50 gold per day over 30 days, you have the potential to earn 1500 gold per month if you are diligent about watching the videos every day. You have to check in several times per day to maximize.

b) If you want to buy gold rifles to make life easier in new regions, it will be hard to do that as well as complete all of the events. If you want to buy a gold rifle, you will probably have to forego some events beyond the free first level. EEen foregoing the gold rifles, you may have to skip the odd event. Now that they seem to be repeating events (the current event was already offered last August), you may get to save gold later by already having the weapons, or get to complete an event on a later offering of repeated content should you not have the gold available now.

c) Watch the special offers. If you have enough gold at the start of an event, look for the package deal early on. Otherwise, individual weapons go on sale for about 40% off near the end of each event. You can save some gold by waiting for the sale and then completing the event in the last couple of days.

d) Fyber offers can offer more chances for gold, but don't count on actually receiving any for anything more than the videos that they offer for one gold apiece. In game videos offer far more gold for the time and effort.

Anyway... the game is what you make of it. Have fun with the stuff you like. I and others here were early adopters of DH2014, as well as Dino Hunter before DH2016 came around. The formula has never changed much with respect to regions and events.
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1 (retired)
    iPhone 6, iOS 9.2
  • Options
    Maui HaoleMaui Haole Registered Users 61 Posts
    Teemo wrote: »
    How do you earn ~100k plats (4x23k) in CTS if you don't get top teir on the gold tourney? I don't have weapons that allow me to win the gold tourney at this time. I do however complete the other two dailies pretty regularly. Thanks.

The example I gave was the max earning potential through CTS, or close to the weekly max at least.

In regards to earnings through CTS, I would suggest that you continue to do the silver and daily challenges to bank plats. If you beat the silver every day, 1 daily challenge per week, and add in the individual match bonuses, that's around 10-12k plats/week. Use those plats to upgrade your gold gun. Don't ignore the gold tournaments in the mean time just because you don't finish top tier, you still earn plats and gold along the way.

Its a grind for sure, it's not going to happen overnight, but stick with it and the upgrades will eventually start to pay off and you'll continue to be more competitive in the gold tournament each week. My first week in the gold tournament I only got up to level 5 at my highest rank, and I ended the week around level 9 after losing stars.
  • Options
    Duck76Duck76 Registered Users 909 Posts
    I just wish you could exchange hunter bucks for gold or plats. Sometimes you have to start with one tourney to build up plats to max out one gun, then you can play more tourneys for the extra plats to buy more better guns for the gold tourney. Asking other players for advice on which guns to buy and how to use them to win helps with your hunt for gold and plats.
    Anyway, I detest the special events.